What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Day 32 Regular Bubblelicious Girls

sandie66

Ok, here we are at day 32. I got more lights, but maybe I still need some more. Anyway, they are still TINY!!!! I tried to get some good pictures, but they kinda suck. All 3 are tiny. None of them has grown a single 5 finger leaf. All 3 stems are super green till the leaves start then they are all very pinkish/purplish. I tried to take pics of the tops too so the new growth could be seen. All have new growth between the stem and branches and all have new top growth. I plan on starting nutes tomorrow as I just watered last night and they don't need any water right now. All 3 supposed to be same strain, but one is definitely not the same. Plus I had wanted to top them before flowering, but that doesn't look possible either. The 3 little ones were started less than a week ago, but they are auto -flowering. I was hoping to keep all of them at 18/6 for 3 weeks and then go to 12/12 because of the autos, but at this rate the regular girls will not be ready in 3 weeks. I am at the point where I may give up, but really I don't want to. This all started because I am tired of paying through the nose for shitty pot. What more do I need to do?? Anyone have any advice????

Attachments

• IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 7

sandie66

More Pics....

Attachments

• IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 11

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Those plants are off to a decent start, so don't give up hope just yet. What you might consider doing is just letting the autos flower under 18/6 so that your photos can have time to develop properly. That's one of the nice things about autos is they will flower even when they have long days. ;)

Also, if you haven't already, look up the grows by blynx in the micro section. He is a good person to emulate in order to achieve productive, inexpensive gardens under cheap lights.

sandie66

Those plants are off to a decent start, so don't give up hope just yet. What you might consider doing is just letting the autos flower under 18/6 so that your photos can have time to develop properly. That's one of the nice things about autos is they will flower even when they have long days. ;)

Also, if you haven't already, look up the grows by blynx in the micro section. He is a good person to emulate in order to achieve productive, inexpensive gardens under cheap lights.

So even for 32 days from germination they look ok? Pictures I've seen just tell me they are too small. And yeah, I didn't think of it, but I can leave the lights alone and the autos will be fine. Why have they not grown any 5 finger leaves yet? It has at least 5 sets of leaves. Can I top it before they arrive? Will topping it help make it grow quicker?

Mikenite69

Veteran
With autos u don't wanna top them. At the most you can try LST training them. It looks like your plants are overwatered or something is going on in the root zone. It's hard to tell without know everything but do not top them.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Topping will only slow their growth down so I don't recommend that. You didn't give any details on your soil, and you said that you hadn't given any nutrient yet, but based on the pics alone I would say that they are probably over watered and under fed. I'm also getting the impression that maybe the soil is too compacted and/or doesn't drain well, but that's more a feeling I get than anything.

So... What kind of soil is that? Also, what genetics are you working with? Can you even vouch for the strains or are you working with unknown seeds? You could spin your wheels forever trying to jam a square peg into a round hole if these genetics are just crap.

It just helps to have as much info as possible.

sandie66

They are not autos. They are femmed Bubblelicous from Nirvana. The seedlings are autos (and not bubb). The are in all organic soil (sand, composted greens, perlite, peat moss, ??) with no nutes at all. Lights are 3 100 watt equiv. daylights and 2 100 watt equiv. soft white (the seedlings are sharing their own light for now). There's a fan in there too and they move a little with the breeze. Strong little stems. I water every 2-3 days and they drain well. I will start nutes tomorrow as the feeder leaves just turned yellow in the last couple days. They are in 2 gallon pots and the lights are within 2" of each plant with the soft white kind of encumbering all 3. And as I said, they all have new growth, tops and sides, and stems are pinkish/purplish. Since this is my first, I have no clue. I don't think it's overwatering, but it could be that they were ready for nutes sooner than I thought.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
If your soil is draining properly then it's probably not overwatering. But you definitely should have started feeding before now. Also, what is the real wattage of those bulbs? The "equivalent" rating you gave us is meaningless. That's just marketing talk. Are they 23 watts? 26?

I'm guessing you'll instantly see improvement after you start feeding.

sandie66

If your soil is draining properly then it's probably not overwatering. But you definitely should have started feeding before now. Also, what is the real wattage of those bulbs? The "equivalent" rating you gave us is meaningless. That's just marketing talk. Are they 23 watts? 26?

I'm guessing you'll instantly see improvement after you start feeding.

23 watts. I have not found the 26 watt bulbs anywhere.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
That's okay 23w bulbs are known to be very effective. A lot of people use those. I even think blynx does too. So yeah what I was getting at is that you only have 115 watts of CFL lighting so the growth will never be really fast or anything. Keep that in mind. But yes, they should be growing faster, and it's probably just because they need food. I've seen much, much worse plants before, so hope is not lost here.

Next trick, of course, is not to feed too much. ;)

sandie66

That's okay 23w bulbs are known to be very effective. A lot of people use those. I even think blynx does too. So yeah what I was getting at is that you only have 115 watts of CFL lighting so the growth will never be really fast or anything. Keep that in mind. But yes, they should be growing faster, and it's probably just because they need food. I've seen much, much worse plants before, so hope is not lost here.

Next trick, of course, is not to feed too much. ;)

Well, thank you. I will start feeding tomorrow evening and I will definitely add more lights.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Also, cold temperatures can slow things down quite a bit... In case that might also be an issue. And seriously, read blynx's cfl cabinet thread.

sandie66

Also, cold temperatures can slow things down quite a bit... In case that might also be an issue. And seriously, read blynx's cfl cabinet thread.

I'm in Florida. It was 90 degrees today outside, 78 in my house!! Gotta love going straight from winter to summer (NOT!!!).

Mikenite69

Veteran
Ok hush made some good points so here are some more. 1 why are u watering to runoff? Those plants are way to small for 2 gallon pots and that is your issue right there u are overwatering them. You don't have to water to runoff and especially with so little plants and not big enough lights to dry them out and to make them drink more.

This would be the steps I would take.

1: Let your pots dry almost completely out before you water again.

2: Stop watering to runoff unless u are trying to do a mild flush or there are problems in your root zone. Remember your not in coco there is no need to water to runoff.

3: After you let your plants dry out completely to where the pot is light then your next watering implement some food.

4:Next time start your plants in beer cups let them establish in those first before you up them to 2 gallon pots...

Watering can be your enemy when growing especially when keeping the medium to wett. The reason I said to wett before is because looking at your pictures they look soaked. Plus the plants being in 2 gal pots and u watering to runoff definitley tells me that u are for sure overwatering which in turn is killing your root sytems..

I bet if you u stop the overwatering and watering to runoff completely in the next week or so you will see your plant rebound quickly and will thank me.

Good luck.

sandie66

Ok hush made some good points so here are some more. 1 why are u watering to runoff? Those plants are way to small for 2 gallon pots and that is your issue right there u are overwatering them. You don't have to water to runoff and especially with so little plants and not big enough lights to dry them out and to make them drink more.

This would be the steps I would take.

1: Let your pots dry almost completely out before you water again.

2: Stop watering to runoff unless u are trying to do a mild flush or there are problems in your root zone. Remember your not in coco there is no need to water to runoff.

3: After you let your plants dry out completely to where the pot is light then your next watering implement some food.

4:Next time start your plants in beer cups let them establish in those first before you up them to 2 gallon pots...

Watering can be your enemy when growing especially when keeping the medium to wett. The reason I said to wett before is because looking at your pictures they look soaked. Plus the plants being in 2 gal pots and u watering to runoff definitley tells me that u are for sure overwatering which in turn is killing your root sytems..

I bet if you u stop the overwatering and watering to runoff completely in the next week or so you will see your plant rebound quickly and will thank me.

Good luck.

I actually do let them day out that's why it's every 2-3 days, but I could be giving too much. I repotted cuz everyone kept telling me to, but I will wait on the new ones. Thanks!!