What's new

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
It can easily hold the room at 45%... The hoding... tank is almost full...I gotta get it plumes in....it adds heat but the a.c. is holding at 75 degrees with out a struggle.... so its working just have to get the rest of the rest of the upgrades installed and get dialed in and then the fireworks will start...

Aspenou812

Veteran
I have two new 1000k lights... 15 5 gallon equivalent Air pots that will hold 3.8 gallons of media... have new trays Ordered so this is looking more and more like a proper grow room

Aspenou812

Veteran
Question is should I spread the current run out and install new lights and stuff for the last 3 weeks I think that would be a real bitch.... but its doable with my scrog...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
probably just cause more problems than its worth at this point...i would wait,it will be easier to deal with in an empty space...

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
and for more than one reason led lights are catching my eye...

they caught mine - im happy becaue my temps are much easier to manage - i actually need a heater in there, and wow, the frost is considerably denser at 4 weeks, id say my grow is about 5 days ahead of schedule (ish)

hope those 1ks give you what you are looking for Aspen

RockinRobot

I was in the saltwater reef hobby for many years and went through the whole HID vs LED debate there. LED work great.

I personally don't think they're worth the added cost in a grow however.

In the aquarium hobby they are great because of the low amount of downward radiated heat. This stops the water from heating up. In a tent or grow room that heat still has to be dealt with. X watts of lighting will still put out X amount of heat.

Today's New CMH lights are almost as cool as LED and have a much better spectrum. Only the plasma lights put out a better spectrum for growing than CMH.

I'm planning to replace all of my 600w HPS with 630w CHM as soon as I can afford.

They are way cheaper than LED and bulbs are longer lasting than HPS or MH.

IMO headroom is the only real benefit to LED in a grow.

Drumskinz

Joe what is the general height above your flowers do you try to maintain? The reason I ask is my grow room is height challenged...from flood tray bottom to ceiling is just a little over 7ft. And from the ceiling to the underside of my light is 16”. So right now I have a space of 5’8” under my lights. So with led lights like the hlg550 they are about 4” thick I could gain about a foot of space. Does this sound like enough room to use those led’s?

Aspenou812

Veteran
I'm just thinking that with my 200 amp service with the rooms I want to build... the cooling would be so much easyer than a hid to cool... If the weight is there with the led lights most of my concerns are over...

Buckeyebandit

RR that’s why I am running the 315 cmh 3100 k bulbs in my new room. I did look hard at led cobs from timber and HGL but bought the 315 ( pair ) not to mention the cost difference

RockinRobot

RR that’s why I am running the 315 cmh 3100 k bulbs in my new room. I did look hard at led cobs from timber and HGL but bought the 315 ( pair ) not to mention the cost difference

Yes and the 315's were cooler than the LED.

Also another advantage, if you get remote ballast models you can mount the ballast outside the room for even more heat savings

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I moved from 8 remote mounted driver LED COBS to 2 remote mounted ballast 315 CMH in my cabinet (plant space roughly 3' x 5").

In that space, the CMH runs about 3-5 degrees warmer than the COBs did, but the quality increase due to the spectrum difference sealed the deal for me.

That said, each of my COBs was the same temp and I think a mix would have performed better. I could have used another 2-4 COBs in there as well.

A third CMH would be insane in there, but they are so cheap I may do it anyway.

Quantum boards may be different animal than COBs though - do they combine different temp chips on the board or are they typically all the same?

Gotta be a game changer if Joe likes em :biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes qb's are a different animal. I have a 630 cmh right beside a 9 board light. The side next to o the qb's is noticeably doing better. I'll let ya know when they get further along. Also I don't know about the 315's but the qb's run way cooler than the 630's. Ya can't touch a 630 with your hand

Latest posts

Latest posts