What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SHWG indoor organic grow and raising worms

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
i am slow bu i made it here ��. good stuff. i will be riding along.

Welcome, 3rdeye. Good to have ya around.

Ain't going to do a side by side experiment. Mixing powdered 6row malted barley at the rate of 2c /ft3 soil mix. It's better I believe. I don't wanna run an inferior pot, lol.

Bodhi dream beaver
10 weeks
Smells strong of exotic fruit and musky
Nugs on the fluffier side, plenty of them
Hanging in a closet that's kept around 50% rh and in the 60's. Looking good

growingcrazy

Looking good SHWG!

Have you tried habanaro extract sprays for mites? I tried everything over the years but the habanero spray will put an end to them...

Lookin real good.

Thanks for the thread so far, awesome interesting info! Keep us posted.

Thanks for following along

Looking good SHWG!

Have you tried habanaro extract sprays for mites? I tried everything over the years but the habanero spray will put an end to them...

I made a habenero spray for aphids once, and it was very effective. Haven't tried it on the mites.
Welcome aboard, and what's your recipe for the habenero spray for mites, if ya don't mind sharing

SunshineDaydream #2 clone

3 more new ssdd plants in flower. Excited to see some different expressions. Our first female ssdd was kinda unique. Low stretch, indica buzz, Potential pain relief qualities. Dense nug and frosty. Low-medium on the terps. Diesel fuel cake batter funk, just not too "loud"

One of the SSDD has huge leaves. Another is stacking really well. All 3 are looking great and have some differences. I will takes some pictures soon.

I would like to know more about this bubbashine cut. My ssdd2 is the only appy X I've encountered that doesn't have extra large pistils. Random thoughts.

Here is a whole plant pic of the SSDD #2. Where's the stretch, lol?

Trying vegging one for a lot longer in a 30 gal also have some other clones in some smaller pots of this one as well. It's great bud, fer sure.:smoke out:

growingcrazy

Thanks for following along

I made a habenero spray for aphids once, and it was very effective. Haven't tried it on the mites.
Welcome aboard, and what's your recipe for the habenero spray for mites, if ya don't mind sharing

1 lb habaneros
1 gallon water

Blend habanero with water until finely chopped. Cook over medium low heat for an hour until it starts to steam and then cover and let sit overnight. Strain and store in the fridge. (brown glass growlers are my storage of choice). I mix 50/50 with water before spraying and it will still burn your eyes/nose/skin. Guaranteed pest eradication.

I just ordered my first pack of SSDD. Your photos make me very excited to get them going!

Peace
GC

^^ cool, you will certainly find at least a keeper out of that pack.

Nice simple spray recipe. Mine had garlic and ginger and herbs (in addition to habenero) in it. Overkill.

growingcrazy

^^ cool, you will certainly find at least a keeper out of that pack.

Nice simple spray recipe. Mine had garlic and ginger and herbs (in addition to habenero) in it. Overkill.

My IPM regimen used to consist of multiple herbs until I started using single ingredients to find out what was actually doing the job.

Cilantro and habanero are my go to as far as my plant based IPM. Separate bottle of each, both made the same way.

Cilantro is more of a mild pesticide, habanero being the end all.

I also like to do a spray the last week in veg with either peppermint or lavender soap (dr.bronners) mixed with a small amount of neem oil.

Morning Bud!

Backyard is a work in progress.
Good times.
The chicken coop I built is sweet.

The wife and I have been here 2 years. Been focused on indoor gardening, but making compost and building the soil structure and fertility up all the while. The chickens have been helpful tillers, although they are also at times destroyers, lol. They actually rid the yard of a few comfrey plants, dug down and ate every last piece of root even, damn!

I should build a chicken run, especially with winter coming. They have been having free roam of our yard, and sometimes the neighbors yards. We feed them all organic grains that we mill here at home. Good eggs!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, have used chile water for insecticide for decades, learning from mom and my grandmother, organic gardeners. Castings, too, as soil amendment, spent coffee grounds. Nary the two (worms/ chile pepper water) mixed together.

Had a nice camp session!

Coming home and smelling around the flower tent, I'm happy to say I think I might have picked the winner with my electric cowboy (Larry/88g13/hp) selection. The one that branches nicely, that I kept cuts of, that rooted well... Smells like the Larry OG. Dead ringer. Yee-fucking-haw!!

EC2. Dank OG kush. Perfect terps. Happy to say the EC #2 is gonna be a winner. It's been hanging and just got trimmed, but is a little too moist to jar. Have 2 clones in veg . Interestingly, not as photogenic as EC1.

EC1 turns out to be fairly bland, even super frosty, medium strength buzz, low smell/taste. That's pheno hunting. Hunting bodhi gear you sometimes forget.

Bonged some lol, but it isn't ready at all yet. Still potent. pics soon

Damn!
Reading the slownickel thread has me really thinking. I am gonna have to either switch some things up or stay the course, but one way or another I need to learn more. Teeming with microbes was like reading a kids book for me, easy and I enjoyed it. Read it several times. Attempted to read teaming with nutes twice and gave up both times. I think if I force myself to read and digest it, I would have a better base to grasp what the heck those guys are talking about.

I think like this:
Build an ideal soil, nutrient rich, excellent drainage, healthy biology via homemade worm shit and myco fungi additions at any transplant.

The plant takes what it needs, when it needs it, no more no less. Via the relationship the plant has with the soil using root exudates to influence the soil biology. Plant is in control, organic gardener sits back and keeps adequate moisture.. And that's about it. Plant can take itself to the full potential on its own, given ideal conditions. How much Zinc does my synergy clone need on day 12 of flower? (For example).. No idea. If learning these things can enable me to grow better and bigger buds, and I can do it organically... Well fuck.. Back to the drawing board.

My head is spinning..

Last edited:
I'm not changing anything up in my growing game. Gave it a serious consideration. In my garden the plants are in charge and I tend the soil.