What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My backyard solid walled GH--

ganjatree

I'm also running a spring crop this year, very inspirational post. Selection of the "right" genetics for this has been tough over the last 3 years..

Can you tell about the "afghan kush" you've been running in there a bit? Any idea of the breeder or source? Is it a cutting that has been passed around CA? OR "Afghani kush" as in AK or AK47? (I've heard different theories as to the original makeup of ak47, don't need to get into that).

I ask because the afgahni kush I've seen growing was mostly indica, and those plants look like they are have a good mix of sativa in them, perhaps similar to ak47 though I can't say.

Appreciate your advice and if you can't say for sure on the genetics, no worries man. thanks again!

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I ran some AK47 that came out of S_erious S_eeds as F1 I grew some from seed as F2s.

Has a nice up to it. Although variable depending on the day it seems... some days a bit more stoney.....

Made Canna Butter from some and then made cookies. Like them WAY too much. But even the cookies have held some surprises for me.... some seem a bit more potent than others???

I Will be growing it again as needed. Mostly a simply wonderful mood enhancer..... Just grew straight run seed plants. Not a pheno hunt.... clones and all that.

Most days it's the 'house fly' syndrome. :biggrin: With the gotta go thing in vogue. Like right now....lol

Just FYI, hope it helps.

B

BasementGrower

man wat i would do to move out to a place like that and grow like that.. we are doing an outdoor grow this year.. guerilla style.. so if things go good.. im hoping to move my bro and his soon to be wife.. and me and my wife an dogs.. out somewere were i can grow like this. i just love this plant and what it can do .. and my dreams feel so far away.. and then i see guys like this.. which make me believe i can do it.

i guess some people have dreams of becoming rich and famous.. i just wana be free and do what i love .. and grow this beautiful plant until the day that i die.

Really nice brother keep us posted. How is the winter crop compared to summer? Does it smoke just as good? Bag appeal? How does the yeild compare?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I'm also running a spring crop this year, very inspirational post. Selection of the "right" genetics for this has been tough over the last 3 years..

Can you tell about the "afghan kush" you've been running in there a bit? Any idea of the breeder or source? Is it a cutting that has been passed around CA? OR "Afghani kush" as in AK or AK47? (I've heard different theories as to the original makeup of ak47, don't need to get into that).

I ask because the afgahni kush I've seen growing was mostly indica, and those plants look like they are have a good mix of sativa in them, perhaps similar to ak47 though I can't say.

Appreciate your advice and if you can't say for sure on the genetics, no worries man. thanks again!

In the pic above, you see some sativa dom plants...but the Afghani Kush are the ones in the foreground-- They are very indica dom-- The only complaints I get from it is some ppl think it is too strong, they can't function!!
And it is definately different from AK47...that is Sativa Dom, but does contain some Afghani--:tiphat:

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Really nice brother keep us posted. How is the winter crop compared to summer? Does it smoke just as good? Bag appeal? How does the yeild compare?

It is not really a Winter crop, as I veg indoors til about may, when it starts staying above 45F...then I put them out with lights (Not grow lights, just bulbs to keep them from flowering on these short days--)...turn the lights off April 1st, then harvest June 1st-ish--
But the difference between the Spring and the Summer crop is noticeable-- But the Summer crop goes from indoor to the greenhouse as soon as the last plant is harvested in June....then vegges out there til Sept 1st...then we harvest Nov 1st-- So the extra prime-sun vegging time is mostly the reason for the difference-- The Spring crop still get to be monsters--

As far as the look and smoke-ability...The Spring can get a touch airy, but not too bad) because of the longer days right before harvest-- But all in all, it all smokes the same--
We have been running this same strain for over 7 years now...including the big one I work at-- I have never got tired of it, nor have any of my customers--

is there regulations there as far as no electricity/heat or no cement slabs or anything like that? I'm envious of you guys out there

Take-a-Seat.jpg

look good over there, i need to take a seat and watch thoses babies in greenhouse!!!!
thanks for sharing kmk420kali!!!!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
No, I have my dates down so that I don't need to dep-- It is actually part that, and the Afghani Kush I grow is very tolerant and will flower fine even in longer light--:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts