What's new

Honestly, what is your average yield per plant grown outdoors?

GrowersUnite

First year with real genetics(nirvana white rhino) about 3 bowls on a foot plant. second year with bagseed 10-15 grams on two plants in the same bucket, cut early. This year I have 23 tops about a 1.5 feet long. If I can get 3.5 grams a branch that's...80 grams or 2.84oz. Now I should say I'll prolly yield more this year this my rough estimate.

Previous years I've overestimated, so now I underestimate so i'm not disappointed.

I grow in 5 gallon buckets, check out my 2012 grow.

A lot

The average is immaterial as I do not cull the stragglers and am not trying to bring in too much weight. Plus I also need to be a good neighbor and keep it low, nothing over 6'. But if I were to concentrate on maximizing yield per plant I'd say between 1/2 lb and one lb per plant.

And what is more important weight or quality?

See more here

@ Maj LeeQuality of course!
I see that I wasn't very specific with my question. What is the average yield per plant grown in the ground with a 7'+ canopy, caliper of trunk = 1.5 - 2 inches, circumference(i don't know)....varies . I realized this description is not precise,Just a general idea of what a plant that size yields?

tommy1984

big hole + good soil + good genetics = big plant with big yield... people who dig 65 gallon holes and amend the soil usually have no problem getting 2+ pounds a plant with the right strain.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Ones in pots 3 to 8 oz, ones in holes in the garden 1 to 3 lbs.

browntrout

Veteran
There are many variables in outdoor growing. Veg time and soil-type are big variables outdoors. For strictly yield, medium vegged near-optimum plants grown with peatmoss / pro-mix and amendments at the 45degree line will yield anywhere from about 80-170+. While plant's that are vegged longer could yield 300-500+ here.

Although In my experience plant's grown in natural soil have a stronger taste/smell and high, but yield significantly less.

Organic joe

I vegged my girls new York city cleaner to a foot and a half tall put them in the ground and they look like they will give me around an ounce and a half to two ounces a plant
I've never grown this strain before and they guy I got the clones from grows indoors only he says he's averaging two zips a plant under a 1000 watter at two ft tall
This strain hasn't had much stretch to it but they are beefing up nicely
I kept them small so they would go undected ill try to get some pics of them but I don't go to my spots often maybe once every three or four weeks

Typical yields for me are one or two ounces per plant. I grow in New England using swamp tubes that hold about 5 gallons of compost mix. The plants get 6 to 8 hours of direct light.

Overall, I tend to yield 600 grams per plant outdoors, but still hoping for more in terms of yield. As far as quality is concerned, no issues to date.

Bongstar420

Grams per square meter would be more helpful.

A 2 oz plant should be about 0.14m^2 or 1.5ft^2 for a reasonable harvest.

A 600g plant should be about 1.5m^2 or 16 ft^2

If you get less, either the plant is low yield or you have disease and can't tell. I can hit the 300g with quality, but disease is limiting it. I seriously doubt GG lines or Strawberry Cough are supposed to be that low plus I can see disease symptoms on roots.

jtk707

I average a pound . Sometimes I get 3 pounds sometimes I get a half pound . The shade in my garden really lowers my plants yield. The plants that are in full sun always get over a pound

25 gallon min pot size or in the ground, easily yeild a pound if taken care of. Guerilla grows yeild much less obviously. I've never grown an outdoor plant untopped though. Pinch every top during 2 month plus veg, biggest pot available or deep holes down to clay gravel. Water water water and hope for a hot dry fall!

Latest posts

Latest posts