What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Greenhouse 9300' (Seasonal and Year-around)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I found the pic..dug down 4ft and buried lines in insulated trench..gassifier was next as I had a chipper with a 318..you need chips for best gasifying...sold out and moved tho..those were the 2 baby greenhouses...never got pics of the big ones due to security issues

Maina

Veteran
do you grow GH in these -40 conditions? or do you just grow indoors?

would love to see some more ppl in a similar environment/climate with a GH grow. Honestly havent seen many truly custom reinforced GHs on here
I grow in them April 1 to late oct . I do indoor more .but guys are telling me to try green house + gavitas. I realy don't like flowering out doors in the fare north and mold . Now a buildings like the one you have pluss some gavitas 2. 28,000 btu a/c and a big deh that just am work!

Maina

Veteran
do you grow GH in these -40 conditions? or do you just grow indoors?

would love to see some more ppl in a similar environment/climate with a GH grow. Honestly havent seen many truly custom reinforced GHs on here
I grow in them April 1 to late oct . I do indoor more .but guys are telling me to try green house + gavitas. I realy don't like flowering out doors in the fare north and mold . Now a buildings like the one you have pluss some gavitas 2. 28,000 btu a/c and a big deh that just may work!

highcountrygrow

how are you heating em..must cost a fortune..when I ran year round I invested in a hydronic system as I had free wood...spent like 15k setting it up tho

We are heating them by ducting the heat produced by our natural gas furnace in an adjacent building. Natural gas where we are is very cheap. Our bill last year with one green house in december was only 120$ for heating a 250 square foot GH w/o any gavitas in there. So with 4 1000W gavitas in each GH im expecting to have a bill of around 200$ a month from nov-april.

The lumber is all treated in the new GH so that was a little more cost (about 1800$ total lumber cost). The poly carbonate triple pain with shipping (not cheap) was about 1000$. plus 400$ of insulation. couple hundred dollars in screws plus a couple hundred for silicone and other shit. Then you have a 12 max fan exhaust and 10 in max fan intake. plus supplemental lighting.
So all in all all for a fully reinforced custom GH that can be year round at 9300' in CO with all the perks will be around 8000$ (around 250ftxft)

highcountrygrow

You should set yourself up with a mass rocket heater/gasifier!!! If you have alot of shit you can burn as extra material then do this!!!!! you can make your mass rocket heater heat up a whole room/house if you have the heating tubes set up correctly along with free energy from the gasifier.... check it out!!! i would love to see people try and go almost 100% green on their grow! when i move i plan on trying this, not only to cut down heating costs but it helps the environment!

Ill def look into that sounds pretty sweet! Im all about being green thats why I have pushed toward utilizing the sun and trying to do that year around up here

SaBeS

What's up brotha.

Is that euki I see in one of those pics!

We need to chill soon. Your place looks like it has progressed quite a bit.

You ever leave the hills anymore?

Btw I hope you kno who dis is

highcountrygrow

What's up brotha.

Is that euki I see in one of those pics!

We need to chill soon. Your place looks like it has progressed quite a bit.

You ever leave the hills anymore?

Btw I hope you kno who dis is

Ofcourse Sabes, that is the Yuki and I rarely leave the hills these days b/c i am swamped with the gardens this season

Maina

Veteran
What strain does the best for u in green house ? Like you can't go without it kind of thing ?

highcountrygrow

What strain does the best for u in green house ? Like you can't go without it kind of thing ?

Blackberry Kush and The pre 98 bubba do wonderfully because they go into flower in July and finish in 8 wks. they are also very hardy stout kush strains so they handle harsh climates and high elevations brilliantly.

Also the Chemdawg does very well

White rhino seems to be a large yielding Gh strain

In an environmentally controlled GH your are not as constricted on your strain selection as you would be with just a hopp house grow or outdoor up here. But if you wanna grow long flowering sativas then you will need supplemental lighting from oct on to get any density out of them.

Hope this helps

Latest posts

Latest posts