What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PLL Club. (if you don't know, now you know)

C

cork144

Here's an Idea of brighness in my Fridge. Can you see the bulbs themselves anywhere near the tip without going blind?

picture.php

id have moved the 2 outside ones an inch or so, so they cover the top nicely, purchase some aluminium sheeting, make a crude reflector which uses very little head room and that fridge will be a beaut! which its shaping up to be btw, very nice :respect:

also are my eyes fooling me? are both of those fans blowing into your cab?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Sweeeet! I'm in :D

110W of 5400K 14" over my vegging tray and my bonsai mums are LOVING it. :D Just awesome :) My 220w flower cab had some guts taken out and used in another grow but looking forward to upgrading it to around 440w in the next year. :D

PL-L's rock for micro grows, I wish luck to every micro grower to find these lamps before they start building. :D

In for this thread. I'm a bit short of cash at the moment so I'm using spiral CFL's, 2 paychecks from now I'll be getting my PL-L setup though.

M

Melkor420

id have moved the 2 outside ones an inch or so, so they cover the top nicely, purchase some aluminium sheeting, make a crude reflector which uses very little head room and that fridge will be a beaut! which its shaping up to be btw, very nice :respect:

also are my eyes fooling me? are both of those fans blowing into your cab?

Well the fridge is made to reflect light, to make seeing inside it better, but I have no heat problems, and yes, unfortunately your eyes do deceive you... The top fan is sunon 17watt fan and it is an exhaust. The middle fan is a normal 120mm pc fan and it is blowing in for the canopy. Thank you for your comment and :respect: right back at ya!

M

Melkor420

Sweeeet! I'm in :D

110W of 5400K 14" over my vegging tray and my bonsai mums are LOVING it. :D Just awesome :) My 220w flower cab had some guts taken out and used in another grow but looking forward to upgrading it to around 440w in the next year. :D

PL-L's rock for micro grows, I wish luck to every micro grower to find these lamps before they start building. :D

SWEET! I love em too! Thank you for your comments, and show off some pics if you have em!:laughing:

M

Melkor420

In for this thread. I'm a bit short of cash at the moment so I'm using spiral CFL's, 2 paychecks from now I'll be getting my PL-L setup though.

That's the cool part, since the PL-L style lights are less expensive than an HPS or LPS light, they are a great Idea for a low budget!:abduct:

That's the cool part, since the PL-L style lights are less expensive than an HPS or LPS light, they are a great Idea for a low budget!:abduct:

Exactly.
The thing is I went a little crazy buying supplies to build my grow rooms, so now I need to pay off all that stuff before I can spend more money on lights. And anyways right now my kids are just babies, a week and a half past sprouting, so a couple spiral CFL's should hold them over for a while. The PL-L's are really to maximize height, temperature, and wattage for me. Eventually I will be building a hybrid PL-L/LED flower box. That should be just about the best a micro grow can get in terms of lighting.

M

Melkor420

get the really blue spectrum, Aerohead knows what color range it is. I had a very small CFL over my girls when they were rooting, and they took off, then I switched to 2 24 watters, and now I have three. It has been a budget thing for me as well, thank you for your support, and I hope to see your project on here too.

Remember guys, I wanna see pics of your PLL setups if you have em. Let's spread the knowledge about these awesome lights.

M

Melkor420

Sorry I've been gone, hey, anybody out there got some sick info on the PL-L style lights, let me know! Love to see pics. Let me know!:joint::abduct:

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
Nice thread/club Ive been wanting to get a PL-L style lamp a while now for veg just to cut back on electricity & heat . Good to see alot of ppl out there using them now. Soon as I get the extra cash i will be investing in one as well

vanbl

I am going to join this club as soon as financially possible. I wouldn't be wiring additional fans tonight if I had some of these. Oh well, still fun!

M

Melkor420

Irie_Lion: The investment will be well worth it.

vanbl: Same to you bro, but there's nothing wrong with a lot of airflow anyway.

Check out Aeroheads PLL buds.
picture.php

He is the Aeroponic PC case, and one of the Gods of Micro PLL grows in my opinion.

Last edited:
I think that if you re-name this the "Elite PC and Mini-Fridge grows" thread it would be a lot more popular. You, Aero, Mr.Micro, d.i.try, scrubninja, and everyone else I'm forgetting, could pool your knowledge and effort and produce a masters how-to on microcab building.... After I get my feet wet(ter) I'll contribute to the "original construction" cabs ;) - Multi-material super-stealth is the name of the game - wood, plexiglass, aluminum, glass, hell I might even build fully functional furniture with embedded mother chambers if I get the spare time! I've also been bothered recently with the amount of space it seems to take to have a lightproof passive intake. I've been thinking about computer modeling a piece that would have a 1.5" tall intake strip that would narrow as it increases in height, curling in on itself to create the light shield, then opening to the sides... think rams horns, but where they connect it spreads out into a strip. Maybe I'm crazy... I got tha feva.... and the only cure.... is more grow cabs! (Thats a walken/cowbell reference incase I'm too high and not making sense right now.
I saw a tall minifridge on the sidewalk earlier tonight, if I hadn't been with someone I would have taken it... tomorrow morning I'm going to swing by and see if it's still there. It could be PERFECT!

dude let me know how you get on with the fully functional furniture with embedded growcabs.. and the low profile vents.. been thinking the same myself, one pvc elbow would cost me a whole plant :rant:

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
No worries man. Thank you for compiling them! :yes:

Here is a 55w 4000k vs a regular 13w daylight fluoro tube.

picture.php
picture.php

By the way with most digi cameras, you know how you hold the button a little to focus it up before pressing it more to take the pic? Well if the focus point (crosshair) is on the bulb when it's focused, you'll have a dark pic (pic 2). If you focus on something darker, then aim at the bulb and take the pic, you'll have a really bright bulb effect. (pic 1)

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I picked up a secondhand aquarium reflector - 24w PL oh yeaaah :cool: $3au including bulb.

Got a question though. I had a quick squizz inside and couldn't see a ballast but it comes with a power adaptor exactly like a wall wart and it says on it For: PL1*24W LAMP

So I guess the power adaptor is the ballast? It has a "starty thing" that all fluoros seem to have, inside the hood near the base of the bulb. I gotta rush out but I'll take pics if needed.