in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Blumat auto watering

Thread Title Search
Click to Upgrade your account
Blumat auto watering Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2009, 12:03 AM #21
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverComes View Post
well, set up my blumats last night. still having to adjust them to avoid runoff. highly recommended....so far. the tubing that comes with the set i ordered is fairly shitty but besides that they are rockin
Gotta order the 30m coil of dripper hose and make dripper lines long as you need, those little pieces SUCK, they end up dictating how you run your lines.
I think the whole coil is like 30 bucks.
Re: runoff try dialing in about 3 arrows instead of 2.
Also, pack soil a little bit.
Also, they recommend 8cm of hose sticking out, unless you are using big pots, I shorten this to around 5cm, makes the unit shut off a bit snappier,IMO.
Hope this helps!

SD

Blumats! Automatic watering!

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Leave dripper line at ~8cm. long.
Give the pot a good watering.
Insert B/M snugly into nicely compacted soil(not too loose) .
Open till water comes out, carefully close until just a drop barely forms.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows
Adjust as necessary for a few days, then leave it alone!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~
sunnydog is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2009, 12:04 AM #22
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses224 View Post
They run straight from a reservoir correct how do they time when to water. I mix my nutes in 6g cen and would need to center it and the add another to other side of garden. That said whats maximum distance reservoir can be from can and how does it determine when to water? thanks
https://www.rambridge.com/products/ir.../tropfbu2.html
Read this.

SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~

Old 02-13-2009, 02:01 AM #23
inefectualize

inefectualize will become famous soon enoughinefectualize will become famous soon enoughinefectualize will become famous soon enough
just got mine today and i will be leaving for a week soon so i got to get these bitches dialed in.....thanks for the heads up!
inefectualize is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2009, 05:11 AM #24
Capo dei Capi

Capo dei Capi will become famous soon enough
Can these be used for Coco? More specifically, sixteen 5'' square containers...8 containers in each 11''x20'' tray in a 2'x2' area? After my Afghans and Mazars are finished i'll be going SOG with my GDP mom and i'm looking to set up some sort of "drip to waste" type deal as that will make feeding easier and give me the freedom of getting out of the house for longer, extended periods of time.

My Nirvana Afghani And SB "Freebie" Mazar Coco Grow:
Capo dei Capi is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2009, 09:57 PM #25
sunnydog
Drip King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo dei Capi View Post
Can these be used for Coco? More specifically, sixteen 5'' square containers...8 containers in each 11''x20'' tray in a 2'x2' area? After my Afghans and Mazars are finished i'll be going SOG with my GDP mom and i'm looking to set up some sort of "drip to waste" type deal as that will make feeding easier and give me the freedom of getting out of the house for longer, extended periods of time.
Maybe....I don't know.

Vertical Blumat grow

Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

Old 02-15-2009, 02:27 AM #26
JackKerouac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo dei Capi View Post
Can these be used for Coco?
I thought about this also. These are ceramic? Metal salts tend to accumulate around sprayers, so I assume that an even finer membrane would clog more easily.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:46 AM #27
WhateverComes

WhateverComes will become famous soon enough
I've only had mine going for a few days but I am using them in coco with great results. The first day or two I had some runoff but after some adjustments they are watering just up to the point of runoff and stopping. Very happy so far and hopefully there aren't issues with salt buildup etc.

Old 02-15-2009, 05:09 AM #28
WhateverComes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackKerouac View Post
I thought about this also. These are ceramic? Metal salts tend to accumulate around sprayers, so I assume that an even finer membrane would clog more easily.
There are two kinds of blumat. One that feeds directly through the ceramic and one where the ceramic cone simply controls the flow of water through the drip tube. We are using the drip one, the other is called a blumat jr. Nothing to really get clogged with 'salts' in the drip one.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:39 PM #29

its fantastic ! you can go on travel a month without worrying about your plant i presume ? don't you think we can use mineral nutrients with blumat ? im not a big fan of biomineral nutrients, i prefer organic agriculture but i don't think organic food will be ok with this kind of system so mineral can help sometimes...this just my opinion i can understand you don't think the same....peace

dg

Old 02-21-2009, 01:29 AM #30
WhateverComes

Well, having my first bit of trouble. Nothing major, but random blumat's keep overwatering and creating a little mini flood each time. Even ones that seem to have been dialed in for 4 days will randomly overflow overnight. When it happens i've been cranking em a little more closed obviously, so far i don't think any have repeated the problem after being fixed. Simple solution for now is to create a better drainage/tray system to collect more water. Or maybe now that i've tweaked most of them multiple times they will just stop.....but thats what i thought after the first time.. CMoon could it have something to do with the length of tube coming out of the cap? should i shorten them? This is becoming a problem now that they have gone to flower and I can't check them for 12 hours at a time..