What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New sealed ppk room

Earlmarne

Sorry for my "oldtimer`s" disease since I already posted that on pg 4 , can`t remember as well what I post these days when it`s so few and far between compared to my old daily help here for the last 15 yrs......anyways...…

If it takes an active intake to be able to exhaust the amount of air you need to drop RH levels to acceptable levels , then add as budget allows......also......fans above AND below the canopy blowin air through the underneath and around the plants above , but never directly on em to prevent excess transpiration/sweating , prevents increased nutrient uptake and storage for no reason and is the wayta go bro IME.....aight.....nuff outta my old ass this day.....Carry on and good luck.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …..
So as per my last few runs in this system. My ec is rising. 1.2 input, 8-10 gallons a day. Up to 2.0 ec yesterday. I counteract this by adding back the water from the dehumidifier.
I imagine this could be due to my fans all directly on my canopy doing as you speak, and driving transpiration up.
Ill be adding back straight water til I get back to 1.2.
Interesting to me due to late veg/earlier flower my ec would lower on the day to day even at 1.6 input.
Increased transpiration makes sense. I wonder though what nutritional needs change at this stage that leave so much behind... maybe nitrogen?

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

So as per my last few runs in this system. My ec is rising. 1.2 input, 8-10 gallons a day. Up to 2.0 ec yesterday. I counteract this by adding back the water from the dehumidifier.
I imagine this could be due to my fans all directly on my canopy doing as you speak, and driving transpiration up.
Ill be adding back straight water til I get back to 1.2.
Interesting to me due to late veg/earlier flower my ec would lower on the day to day even at 1.6 input.
Increased transpiration makes sense. I wonder though what nutritional needs change at this stage that leave so much behind... maybe nitrogen?
Waay back when I got taught then self taught about defoliation rather when to and not to , I learned after true end of stretch and takin all fans with petioles/stems , IF fans kept poppin out then indeed as you asked about , YES too much nitrogen is still in the mix and needs to be reduced...….but.....

How to do so when you use Jacks with Calcium Nitrate I have no clue.....Back when I ran DTW coco I dwindled micro and gave more PK in the bloom formula of GH 3 part that dwindled all N but anyways , you`ve got somewhere to start....bottom line...…I know from well over 20 yrs of doin this shit with damn near every hydro setup there ever was that.....

In a dialed recirculating hydro setup as the plants eat/assimilate nutes ppms go down , ph goes up …..gradually......not the other way around.....that said......yes ….it could be excess transpiration causin excess nutrient uptake and storage resulting in higher ppm measurements than the input, but D9`s PPK acts differently with PH and PPM`s with a buncha plants hooked together and how it recirculates so slowly so X can be anything Bro...anyways.....Hey...…

Shit looks good......Here`s hopin Harvey goes well , and as long as yas can keep the plants from showing burn , then carry on......but.....keep dwindling ppms toward the finish for the fade and natural plant senescence......regardless.....Good luck and.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: …...

Earlmarne

Freaking boring as hell this week. Shits bulking up some.
Still nothing but water as input in the ppk. Ec is hovering around 1.6
The unicorn poop 1 is getting some garlic notes to her smell.

Earlmarne

picture.php

Unicorn poop 1 really greasy

Earlmarne

Got some cuts off my outside headbanger 10. Sprayed em down and they are looking ok.
At 55 days flower. Co2 is ambient. Lights are at 750 temps are mid to high 70s. Venting the room every hour. Everything will get nuthing but water from now on.
Im not impressed with the flowers on headbanger 3 so unless she smokes amazing shes out. Will work towards having 4 hb 10s in a couple runs to fill the room. Next round will be unicorn poop 5 in the ppks and nila wafers in the coco pots
picture.php

Earlmarne

Breaking branches getting to my res. Got a good bit of sample nugs.
Done changed my mind on the 3 pheno of headbanger. Shit has me feeling like a million bucks.

Earlmarne

65 days today. Everything is getting really heavy. Its a mess. Got temps in the low 70s lights turned down to 600. Not looking forward to this trim job. .5 ec in the res.
picture.php

Earlmarne

Filling my nets with unicorn poop1 in the ppks and nila wafers in coco pots next round.
My pollination of a couple branches took. Unicorn poop2 male x headbanger3 fem. got me 30 seeds Im itching to sort through

DunHav`nFun

Harvey gonna be good to yas bro.....pretty much a given seein all those cola heads....anyways.....hope your hands don't get too sore from all that trimming you bout ta be dead off in the middle of.....

Looks like you could use a hand trimmer at minimum and maybe look at trim pros or thereabouts when budget provides ?....not a bad problem to have my buddy so......Keep strokin and keep up the killer work.....PPK FTW....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: ….

Earlmarne

Harvey gonna be good to yas bro.....pretty much a given seein all those cola heads....anyways.....hope your hands don't get too sore from all that trimming you bout ta be dead off in the middle of.....

Looks like you could use a hand trimmer at minimum and maybe look at trim pros or thereabouts when budget provides ?....not a bad problem to have my buddy so......Keep strokin and keep up the killer work.....PPK FTW....

Peace....DHF.....:ying: ….
Im 100 percent into anything that would lighten the trim load without beating up my flowers. Im just ignorant to all of the products out. Ive seen the tumblers, those things make me sad.
Def a good problem have. Shouldn’t complain, but I will until the next round. Im going to google the trim pros you mentioned and see if they are in the budget.
I appreciate the hell out of ya DHF.

DunHav`nFun

If you`re able ta keep up with your defoliation until all foliage that`s left is comin out of colas with no petioles and fans left , then my advice is to try what my old ass hippie bro got last yr and swears by.....

Speedeetrim.com is a handheld trimmer that comes corded or cordless with rechargeable batteries and my buddy spent the extra and got cordless that lasts according to him at least 45 minutes before slowing down , and his lil trick is to trim on the stalk before chop and hang which really makes more sense to me , but then again everyones`s all into dry trim for the best terps and such these days so it`s all about preference.....anyways….Go look and see if it`s somethin you might be interested in bro...…..Take care and.....

Peace.....DHF.....

Earlmarne

If you`re able ta keep up with your defoliation until all foliage that`s left is comin out of colas with no petioles and fans left , then my advice is to try what my old ass hippie bro got last yr and swears by.....

Speedeetrim.com is a handheld trimmer that comes corded or cordless with rechargeable batteries and my buddy spent the extra and got cordless that lasts according to him at least 45 minutes before slowing down , and his lil trick is to trim on the stalk before chop and hang which really makes more sense to me , but then again everyones`s all into dry trim for the best terps and such these days so it`s all about preference.....anyways….Go look and see if it`s somethin you might be interested in bro...…..Take care and.....

Peace.....DHF.....
I like those speedeetrims going to have to grab one. Right up my alley
I wish I could reach more of my canopy. Id play hell getting in there to trim on the plant. I got nowhere this round to hang. Plan thus far is to chop everything at the base. Turn the lights off, temp down to 60 and humidity down to 50 and let em hang as they are with the fans on. Not ideal but Im at a loss with having everything done at once

DunHav`nFun

I can see now what you`ve been talkin bout as far as access to the plants goes , so if it ain`t broke don`t fix it my buddy as long as you got canopy penetration deep enough for no flarfy ass bullshit underneath or next to the mainstems......that said.....

A more managed and full canopy of killer swollen nuggage I`ve not seen in awhile bro , so kudos on a job well done and I`m wonderin how many ozs. per sq ft that's gonna end up bein..........

Respect.....DHF.....:ying: ….

Earlmarne

I can see now what you`ve been talkin bout as far as access to the plants goes , so if it ain`t broke don`t fix it my buddy as long as you got canopy penetration deep enough for no flarfy ass bullshit underneath or next to the mainstems......that said.....

A more managed and full canopy of killer swollen nuggage I`ve not seen in awhile bro , so kudos on a job well done and I`m wonderin how many ozs. per sq ft that's gonna end up bein..........

Respect.....DHF.....:ying: ….

I over did it for sure. I bet theres an elbow of larf under there. Ive yet to dial in a canopy that leaves me with nuthing but hard dense nugs. Thats the goal though.
Ill get some numbers up once its all in buckets. Im interested too .
I appreciate the hell out of the kudos.

Earlmarne

Turned lights down to 11 on and got temps maxing out at 70. Pumps turned down to 40s every 4 hours
Cant find many amber trichomes beyond buds Ive handled. Tossing the idea of letting them go another week. Im going to get in there tonight with my scope and really check it out

DunHav`nFun

When I ran rotations back in my croppin days , my 8 week Euro strains ran 9 for the most potency they could have for what they were , which was mostly what pot snobs in Cali call daytime smoke , but when I finally got a clone only Chem D my whole ball game changed to 10 week harveys to let em be all they could be , but I still hadta do rotations for perpetual with flip rooms so harveys per yr dropped but potency , smell , taste , and overall quality AND quantity went up once dialage occurred so I was aight with it......also.....

It`s hard ta get mostly cloudy trichs with no ambers ta truly know when they`re on that downward spiral of THC degradation and CBD conversion , but …...I like the narcotic effects and full expression of how actually strong a strain /hybrid can be , but that`s just me......Not a fan of weakass "daytime smoke" , but I digress.....and lastly....

Lb of larf is like kissin your sister lol....just ain`t right my
buddy , but dialage takes time even when you monocrop to know when actual end of stretch is over to even have a clue where canopy penetration will end up without knowin ya know ?....:moon:...regardless.....

Lb of larf can be made into some serious headies while dialin next round so handle it and keep strokin Bro…..Keep us updated and be safe..…and.....Thanks for your time......

Peace.....DHF....:ying: …...