What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Green Dragon - How's the ride?

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
yoshis-story-dragon.jpg

To me, weed infused into alcohol sounds intense... the above pic might describe it best. To those that have experienced it firsthand, how would you describe it? How do you consume it? Do you do a drop of it? Do you take a shot of it? Do you dilute it to a drink of beer-like potency? I look forward to your stories!

dest

Alright here is how you make some green dragon.
Get some grain alcohol grind up your weed. Put the weed in the alcohol, mix and then put it in a hot water bath for 30 minutes. After that you store it in the dark for a week then strain it out.
My favorite way of consuming green dragon is to pour a shot, light it on fire, then slam it :) .

tristar

It depends on how strong it is. I have green dragon that we do a few ml each hit of. And the effect is as diverse as people. I'm just calm from it. Don't get munchies or anything. Everything is just "soft".

Then I have another one we did that we usually do 3-4 cl of each time (one small shot that is).

To translate, one shot is usually 3-6 CL. 10 ML = 1 CL. So you know how different the two can be. Also we only do the shots on "empty stomach" so no eating for at least 6 hours before.

Sometimes we dilute it with water (the stronger one) just because its difficult to actually drink only 6 ML and its so strong that it'll burn your throat.

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Busting out master wu's recipe tonight... my first tincture attempt... :whee:

Using everclear 95 % and my sickest nugs ... i'm quite excited to give this a go...

Piel

Veteran
I was very apprehensive when I did my first dragon/tincture. It seems that my stuff is pretty weak, 6 eydroppers full in OJ gives me a buzz, 15 definetly gets me going -a bowl of kief on that and your hangover will be noticable.

I use the system of decarboxylating in the oven at 165C for 5-6 minutes -stinks nicely- and then I add Everclear and some honey.

cfo

I decarb at 250F for 27 minutes (Ghostwolf's recipe?). Simmer in everclear bath until it evaps down to a volume that fits in my eye dropper bottle. Different batches=different strengths. I have a batch that I made from Power Skunk sweet leaves and one dropper (not 1 drop) will get me stoned off my ass for at least 3 hours. I just made a batch last week from Purple Power fan leaves and even peeled off thin layers from the stem. I'll give that a try in another week. I'm guessing this will take at least 4 droppers to get a buzz. Be careful when you first try your tincture. If it's a strong batch, don't have any plans for awhile. Also, do the decarb and alcohol bath. You can have a batch ready to imbibe in less than 2 hours.

Piel

Veteran
cfo: GD is the way to fly! My first batch (very first one) was done without decarbing and had minimal effect. Decarbing makes a lot of difference.

cfo

The only negative comment I have about GD is this... I can drink it at 7pm, get f'd up by 8pm, still f'd up 3 hours later, go to bed, wake up the next morning and still feel the effects for most of the day. Not really high the next day, just sorta out of it. Hard to explain but those that have tried it know what I'm talkin about, right?

Piel

Veteran
The high is quite long but as I´m a medical user I can function better with the longer ride. I don´t really get stoned off my ass any more and I miss being totally out of it ;)

But I guess either my tolerance is up or it´s just an age thing (I´m +50) -not as exciting as it once was with candles, incense and the whole balloo.

I do ride the "red eye express" even after a small dose of GD.

Last batch I made was with Everclear but I´m out of that at the moment so I´ll go with 60% dark rum next time around.

gog

Sounds fun guys! I have always wanted to try, but have been afraid of the whole exploding alcohol thing. Also, can't seem to find everclear.

hard to find good recipes it seems...

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
exploding alcohol thing. Also, can't seem to find everclear.

hard to find good recipes it seems...

gog.. i have yet to have witness any exploding alcohol thing... little common sense and your safe...

as far as a recipe i've been doing some extensive r&d with master wu's recipe... i have a thread documenting my trials and errors and breaking down my ever changing recipe with a step by step pictorial... #'s and results of several cooked batches of dragon... gonna add another run this weekend... almost got her dialed in... :whee:

you should stop by and check it out.... ....click it.

cfo

I use everclear with no problems. I have an electric stove so no worries about an open flame igniting the fumes. I bought a candy thermometer at the local grocery store which you will need to make sure the temp stays where you want it to be. I keep the alcohol below 170F. I've also made GD with rum 151 but the everclear works better. I made a trip to North Dakota and bought the 198 proof everclear, potency of GD seems a little stronger with the everclear.