What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cheese Lovers! Best Cheese Pheno ever!! Rockwool Hydro review. 1k bulbs

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a thread im starting for the cheese lovers. Id like to thank Big Buddha Seeds for their genetics. Ive been sifting through cheeses for 3 years and ive found my perfect one. Ever since i went to DAM many years ago the cheese has found a special place in my heart. Tried it once and fell in love. I voted for it, although it didnt win that year i still needed to have it. That was a UK cut. This, is something else...
It roots crazy easily. I love doubling or even tripling up on the collars in the cloners. i still get 95%+ to root.^^

Here she is 5 days in^^

Here at 27 days^^

Canopy shot at 40 days^^

Budshot at 45 days ^^

Green81

Veteran
Hey man, that looks very close to the UK cut, does it have super greasy resin glands and a smell that even the strongest carbon filter can't hide,, you've got something special dude.

G81

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
BBC was one of the first grown for me. I had a pheno that looked alot like you have. it had those characteristics. Fuely/catpiss taste. It was so good and I was so new (re: so high) that I got only 2 runs out of it before I forgot about the clones and lost it. Havent seen those regular cheese seeds for a while, only fems.... are these from fem seeds? they look fantastic! thanks for showing them.:tiphat:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More shots

More shots

Another at 45^^

Another dry budshot same batch. Cured for months.^^
Thanks for checking out my cheese ;). Im thankful to big buddha seeds, the owner of the company was the coolest. he had the most honest booth at the cup when i was there. Not too flashy, just about the genetics. I did get some variants in his packs, like cheese beans that turned out to be haze beans but all feminised seeds did turn into amazing final product. It took some hard work and time but super worth it. Ive never found better cheese yet! if you know of a cut please post it up! or tell me about it at least! uk cheese is finally back in my mom lineup so im looking forward to trying another uk cheese.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its not exactly like the uk cut. very similar in color but NOT greasy like the uk. the smell is fruitier also but still has that dank funky skunky awesomeness. My amnesia haze IS greasy as hell though. This cut of cheese happens to have good flavor but its super strong and triched out. More so than any other cut ive stumbled upon in the past 3 years. Most uk cheese ive smoked isn't super super resinous. It can look great especially done right, but not like my cut.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43829&pictureid=1031726&med=1"]View Image[/URL]
Another at 45^^
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43829&pictureid=1029395&med=1"]View Image[/URL]
Dried and cured at 63 days with one week flush in pure RO water ^^
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43829&pictureid=1029396&med=1"]View Image[/URL]
Another dry budshot same batch. Cured for months.^^
Thanks for checking out my cheese ;). Im thankful to big buddha seeds, the owner of the company was the coolest. he had the most honest booth at the cup when i was there. Not too flashy, just about the genetics. I did get some variants in his packs, like cheese beans that turned out to be haze beans but all feminised seeds did turn into amazing final product. It took some hard work and time but super worth it. Ive never found better cheese yet! if you know of a cut please post it up! or tell me about it at least! uk cheese is finally back in my mom lineup so im looking forward to trying another uk cheese.

And he took alot of heat when he first came out with BBC for 'Spoiling the holy grail' (UK Cheese).:)

Green81

Veteran
great shots, keep um up. You could compare your shots to another log about uk cheese in the UK forum here at IC, check it out man.. Oh and there seems to be a variant of 3 different UK cheese cuts with stories to go with them all. Some say its just genetic drift of the cutting....... Who knows!

Peace

G81

L

LEX-UK

Looks closer to the Exo rather than the uk cut lol. Nice resin mukka

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive run the exodus cut also but it still has a different smell and less crystals. Exo Reminds me of a cut i found called swiss cheese. Turned purple too and smelled like buttered popcorn. But way less smell overall. Ive run exo, that swiss cheese cut and the uk before this is quite different.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats true. Since then he has become the cheese man though. He was super chill and offered me great advice. He even offered to help me step by step via email if needed. Just very interested in what his beans become i guess. I haven't researched big buddha seeds in a little while. His new stuff looks kinda cool. Silver cheese, cheese dawg and ive heard great things about blue cheese. I tried some in dam from Barney's farm but it tasted basically like the uk cut flavor.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice indeed mate.. what system u using for this medium etc look very well done.

For the dried photos, those were run standard recirculating flood and drain trays with rockwool chunks. It was too messy. So now i prop each plant up either on a unislab or the largest slabs from gro dan theyre like 36x12x3. They are great because you slice the bags and leave them on, keeping most to all light out of the medium. I also run dwc. Just started that and its explosive. Still strictly rockwool.

Latest posts

Latest posts