What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Pirates Cave" (and a Perpetual Sea Of Green)

L

LolaGal

I be a clonin all day! What fun! Me gurls is lookin' mighty bare...haha

Put some new pics in my album, if ya wanna see! Been doin some more clonin' since then though!

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
I be a clonin all day! What fun! Me gurls is lookin' mighty bare...haha

Put some new pics in my album, if ya wanna see! Been doin some more clonin' since then though!
I'm gonna go see me right now !!
It can be fun............But when ya gotta cut 200 it can be a PITA too. LOL.

I cut 30 AK47s and 20 Satoris today myself. My first cuttings from a new Ak47 Mother. I plan on having 4 mothers of this plant and being able to get 100 / 150 every 2 weeks.

Pirate

Veteran
Hey Hey Hey Bucaneer arrrrggghhhh.How's it going :)
How ya been Trichy? Long time no see. Comon back ........I'm uploading some photos for a mini update. Most my mothers and some bud shots from a few tables.

I'm getting excited because my AK47 is just about ready to be fillin up my tables.

L

LolaGal

Hi Trichy!

Pirate, I like your style! Can't wait for the show to begin! You KNOW I'm subscribed...and to think it all started with a green lightbulb!

Thanks for checking out my pics and kind comments! You are a lot of my inspiration for learning to clone! Got some new totes the other day! Gonna use em for clone chambers!

Do the tiny clones root out as fast as say a 4 inch long clone? I used a couple that were just nubs off the tips of the branches. Say 2 inches long, some 1 inch! Will I see roots as soon as the bigger clones? Thanks in advance!

Pirate

Veteran
Well I never took a clone less than 4 or so inches but I would imagine that it would root even faster than the bigger ones. However You might not see the roots coming out of the root cube as fast as the others. Make sense?

Yup.....a green light bulb started this relationship. Funny huh?

Thank you for the compliments and your welcome. Good job on those clones !!

Pirate

Veteran
About ten days ago I removed a 400 watt MH from my mudder room and installed a 1000 watter. The mudders love the big light. The are growing fast now. I really need them to regrow new shoots every 14 days and the 400 watter just wasn't cutting it.

Here is a couple photos I took today. The tall ones are old mudders that will get chopped down after tomorrows cloning session. The little ones will be replacing the tall ones. I am gonna try like hell to keep them short this time. (Bonsai Mums)
picture.php

Another shot.....Lights out:
picture.php

I have been searching for the "Perfect Mother" for a couple years now. I think I finally found the one I can give some serious attention to. Its an AK47. Its not perfect but its the one that makes my happy. (for now) LOL. I already flowered a clone from her so I know what to expect. I didn't get a photo of the buds though. Lets just say...........This is my "Production Plant". You'll see it later. I took 30 clones from 2 mothers today. I plan on making at least another 2 more from this one to get 150 clones every 2 weeks. In the mean time I still have the Satori - Berry OG - and Speed Queen. But the Speed Queen will be going away. Fat ass buds but the high isn't very strong or long lasting. Just like Mandala advertises it.......Good Daytime Smoke.

Anyway- here she is vegging up in the Pre-Flower. This is from a 4 inch clone a little over a month or so ago. Shes the one in the corner.
picture.php

A view from below looking up.......Remember......these are over top of the mothers.
picture.php

Here she is getting ready to go into a pot of Coco.
picture.php

Again:

picture.php

Roots and Main stalk in a 2 inch net cup that came out of an Aeroponic table:The net cup will go into the coco. Been doin this for years without any problems.
picture.php

Root Pruned.......To fit in the pot.
This does not hurt the plant. In fact It makes it grow faster once it recovers in a few days.
picture.php

Here she is all potted and ready for me to take my clones:

picture.php

Set into the flood table.
........Just before i hacked the hell out of her to get my clones. I also trimmed off all the lower crap and PINCHED the smaller branches so that I can get more clones the next time round.

picture.php

I'm excited about this new plant. Like I said.........I've flowered her out and it gave up 2 huge colas (topped) and the signature........"One Hit Wonder" high. :woohoo:

I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow morning for a flower room update.

Later all !!!

Enjoy

Che

Veteran
I've pruned roots before, but you really take it to the extreme!
Thanks for the insight into your mother room Pirate!

L

LolaGal

Shazaam! Golly Gee!

Shazaam! Golly Gee!

Wow! Wow! I'm speechless!

I must stay and learn more! Love them pics Pirate! My fave is the pic of the Giant roots! Why do you trim them? Can't they be stuffed into what you're using without cutting? Would the untrimmed roots make it go faster? Sorry to ask so many questions!

Gonna go look at the pics again! Amazing!

Hamm3r

Thanks for the info Pirate. I've heard of people burning the crap out of there plants with that stuff, but sounds like 1ml/gal does the job. Sail on bro...

N

narutonut

Wow Pirate that is some cave you got man!!!:jawdrop:
Doing a cabinet that takes the entire room takes a fat pair of cannon balls but it looks like you got em to spare LOL:yeahthats
I am amazed that the 2" net pots keep those fat laden Ladies in place but since it's your grow I'm not shocked!:woohoo:
Keep up the good work and I'll be back later with popcorn for the whole show YAR!

M

moses224

Just stumbled onto your thread all i can say is kewl. man what a unique and intuitive setup. Your intelligence shows threw the setup. I'm subscribed from here on out. good vibes my man

Pirate

Veteran
Wow! Wow! I'm speechless!
I must stay and learn more! Love them pics Pirate! My fave is the pic of the Giant roots! Why do you trim them? Can't they be stuffed into what you're using without cutting? Would the untrimmed roots make it go faster? Sorry to ask so many questions!

Gonna go look at the pics again! Amazing!
Stop it........Your makin me blush !!

I could not stuff all those roots into the pot I wanted to use. Even if I used a bigger pot I would still prune the roots. Maybe not so much but still pruned. I have found that pruning doesn't affect the growth once it settles in. Usually a couple days and then its "off to the races" as the roots have space to grow.

I will post some photos later on transplanting a root bound plant without using a bigger pot. What I do is pull the whole root ball out of the pot.......Take a big ass kitchen knife and saw every side of the root ball making it smaller. I've cut the root ball down by half before and they always recover nice. You can even take a tall plant and make it shorter by chopping the base off........even cutting the main stalk that is below the dirt line.......as long as ya leave enough roots for uptake..........Your good.

Question answered?

Pirate

Veteran
Wow Pirate that is some cave you got man!!!:jawdrop:
Doing a cabinet that takes the entire room takes a fat pair of cannon balls but it looks like you got em to spare LOL:yeahthats
I am amazed that the 2" net pots keep those fat laden Ladies in place but since it's your grow I'm not shocked!:woohoo:
Keep up the good work and I'll be back later with popcorn for the whole show YAR!
Yeah......Comon back !! And thank you for the props.

I grew a 6 foot skunk......Indoors.......that gave up 1 pound of dry bud in a 3 inch net cup. The roots would have packed a 1 gallon bucket easily. HUGE they were I tell ya......HUGE. I got photos of it somewhere. Maybe I'll dig em out for kicks and giggles.

moses224.....Just stumbled onto your thread all i can say is kewl. man what a unique and intuitive setup. Your intelligence shows threw the setup. I'm subscribed from here on out. good vibes my man
Thanks Moses. I appreciate it.

Che ......I've pruned roots before, but you really take it to the extreme!
Thanks for the insight into your mother room Pirate!
LOL.......Ya gotta do waht ya gotta do !!

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh matey! Good to see you still sailing the seven seas of green! I saw JJ Scorpio blow his proverbial stack in another thread....and was fearful he ran you through or made you walk the plank.
Looks like nothing a good cup of grog or mead couldn't fix in retrospect.
Well, hope you don't mind me skulking around the cave with these other scurvy dogs....
Aaaaargh!

Hey Pirate, thanks for giving a dosage to use on the Bushmaster.... I used it on my first 3 runs of Cheese and Sweet tooth and got burns and rams horns as well. I have also heard of people using it as a foliar with better results, but since I have more head room now I wont use it unless I have to.

Also, thanks for showing us how you root prune.... I have been weary of trying this ( I read about this method in the bonzai thread) but will take the plunge now that I have seen your work. I am starting to run out of room in my veg/mom tent so I will have to start getting creative.... Thanks again Pirate, K+

L

LolaGal

Ahoy Pirate, permission to come aboard?

Thanks for answering my hydro questions!

Now I've got another one for you or anybody that wants to answer!

When I was cloning last week, I decided to use my Ho-Made cloning gel on a fan leaf for giggles. So I painted the fan leaf and left it attached to Mom for about 2 weeks.

When potting up my clones, I thought, what the heck...and I cut off the fan leaf and put it in with the clones!

Today, that ole fan leaf is yellow, but ROOTS coming out of the side of the Jiffy peat puck! What the heck? Wonder what is going to happen next?

Anybody know? Thanks!

Pirate

Veteran
Ahoy Pirate, permission to come aboard?

Thanks for answering my hydro questions!

Now I've got another one for you or anybody that wants to answer!

When I was cloning last week, I decided to use my Ho-Made cloning gel on a fan leaf for giggles. So I painted the fan leaf and left it attached to Mom for about 2 weeks.

When potting up my clones, I thought, what the heck...and I cut off the fan leaf and put it in with the clones!

Today, that ole fan leaf is yellow, but ROOTS coming out of the side of the Jiffy peat puck! What the heck? Wonder what is going to happen next?

Anybody know? Thanks!
Your welcome !!

Well first of all........I have never heard of cloning a leaf although I believe it can be done with any part of the plant. Was this a test? If so......let that thing go and see if it eventually grows into a real plant. (which I doubt it will but am curious of it does)

Dependant on how long its been since the leaf has been rooted.......The yellow could be one of 2 things.....
1) Its yellow because it used up available nitrogen and needs to feed...... Transplant now.
2) Its yellow because.........UMMM........How do I say this........UUUHHHH..............It don't like KY-Jelly !! LOL

L

LolaGal

Yes, this was just a for fun thing! I'm sure it is yellow due to no food, you're right! I'll transplant it today and see what happens! First I'll take a pic of it's roots! I doubt it will survive too, but was just doing it for experimental purposes! We will see!

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
Very Cool.

I was wondering if, when you repopulate table #1, the one you recently harvested, if you have to move each pre flower plant one at a time, or if you can move a tray from preflower like 25 at a time. If I read correctly, the pre flowering area and flowering area hold 100 plants each.

Latest posts

Latest posts