What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

Facelesdoll

The high though?

The high though?

I am running bros Grimm x mosca line and they are fast, looks as though my pineapple girl is done in the 40s and the resin quality on her deteriorates if left passed the window. I have a clone in flower now so I'll be able to tell more this run. Resinous ripe pineapple ftw

What's the high like

marmarb

@coxnox yes 44 from clone shes not hitting like chem d or sour shes more of a fruity fictional high. I never had the original but I definitely see that I need to reach out and try some other breeders gear

olday

Veteran
Sorry but what is FDM? And is that where you think I would have the best luck finding a winner? I ran the Joey F2s a long time ago and they were nice but if there is a better option I’d like to keep a nice one in the garden as well. Frustrating that even though I’m in a legal state (IL) that solid clones/seeds are not on the table yet.

M

Mr D

Sorry but what is FDM? And is that where you think I would have the best luck finding a winner? I ran the Joey F2s a long time ago and they were nice but if there is a better option I’d like to keep a nice one in the garden as well. Frustrating that even though I’m in a legal state (IL) that solid clones/seeds are not on the table yet.

LostTribe

Premium user
Mr D that previous post is against TOS please remove. Thanks just don't want my thread to get deleted.

Best
LT

Happy Times

FDM=
Fleur du Mal

marmarb

I just saw that breeder for the first time very old school looking packaging. Are they usa based ?

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Well been waiting 27 days in now and looks like the STS treatments (6 in total) did not result in reversing my keeper. Next up is to make some CS and try that on another cut. I followed the instructions from Douglas.Curtis's thread with a 1:9 ratio very closely. Considering going the CS route on a different cutting.

Maybe its just a sign that I need to hit her with the pollen I collected from her Bro and try to set about backcrossing to the cut over a couple of generations. I still hope to S1 this girl.

I am also hoping to test a few Peak Seeds and a few more from FDM just to see what I might find. If the next test results don't provide something that can unseat this keeper then I am leaning towards ending my search through these lines, but you never know maybe I will find something that will reignite my interest in continuing to search.

There are a lot more genetics I would like to look through so that will definitely be a deciding factor.

Soul or Sly's cubing process never spoke of anything but selecting one male per generation so and I doubt they ran out that many seeds in those searches so backcrossing might be a bit easier than I had anticipated but obviously will still take quite a bit of time non the less.

M

Mr D

Well been waiting 27 days in now and looks like the STS treatments (6 in total) did not result in reversing my keeper. Next up is to make some CS and try that on another cut. I followed the instructions from Douglas.Curtis's thread with a 1:9 ratio very closely. Considering going the CS route on a different cutting.

Maybe its just a sign that I need to hit her with the pollen I collected from her Bro and try to set about backcrossing to the cut over a couple of generations. I still hope to S1 this girl.

I am also hoping to test a few Peak Seeds and a few more from FDM just to see what I might find. If the next test results don't provide something that can unseat this keeper then I am leaning towards ending my search through these lines, but you never know maybe I will find something that will reignite my interest in continuing to search.

There are a lot more genetics I would like to look through so that will definitely be a deciding factor.

Soul or Sly's cubing process never spoke of anything but selecting one male per generation so and I doubt they ran out that many seeds in those searches so backcrossing might be a bit easier than I had anticipated but obviously will still take quite a bit of time non the less.

In about 5 weeks I'll be harvesting Genius x (Genius x Panama) seeds. Following Soul's formula that puts me at Genius .75. So I should be at Genius .88 by early mid summer and Genius .99 by the end of the year.

I grew out 10 Genius x Panama seeds in search of male. Growth and structure was very uniform so I simply selected the fast flowering male. In this first cross my goal was to beef up Genius's floppy stems, mission accomplished. I'll do the same thing with the Genius .75 seeds if they produce the same uniform growth and beefier stems I saw with the Genius .50 progeny.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Took a couple tokes of the my favorite FDM C99 the other night. One of the better strains I have in stock and I have a crapload. Top 5 easy. This strain is deceptive though.

Overdue it a little and get into a somewhat trying situation. Not an easy high at what is a higher dose for me. At 2 tokes it is carefree and pleasantly detached from the world. 4 and beyond it gets intense real fast. 6 is nuts, at least being a light and sporadic toker like me.

Easy to overdue it cause the smoke is sweet and smooth as silk. High creeps too.

Crazy Chester

This is exciting!

This is exciting!

In about 5 weeks I'll be harvesting Genius x (Genius x Panama) seeds. Following Soul's formula that puts me at Genius .75. So I should be at Genius .88 by early mid summer and Genius .99 by the end of the year.

I grew out 10 Genius x Panama seeds in search of male. Growth and structure was very uniform so I simply selected the fast flowering male. In this first cross my goal was to beef up Genius's floppy stems, mission accomplished. I'll do the same thing with the Genius .75 seeds if they produce the same uniform growth and beefier stems I saw with the Genius .50 progeny.

This is such a cool project. Something extraordinary is likely to come from this! It sounds like the Cannabis Gods are smiling down on you with this one, Mr. D. :)

M

Mr D

This is such a cool project. Something extraordinary is likely to come from this! It sounds like the Cannabis Gods are smiling down on you with this one, Mr. D. :)

Thanks brother

Before any seedbank started sell Bros. Grimm gear you could buy from them direct and Cinderella 88 was on the menu. I remember a few growers growing it when I first came online 1998.

Once I harvest the genius 88 seeds you all are welcome to them. I have no intention to sell them or the Genius 99 seeds when I get their. Just a fun little project I'll gladly share with whoever wants them.

jjonahjameson

I second this. Very exciting potential here. Best of luck, my friend :)

I loved the Genius x Panama. Great smoke. I'm looking forward to watching your results.

Crazy Chester

Well been waiting 27 days in now and looks like the STS treatments (6 in total) did not result in reversing my keeper. Next up is to make some CS and try that on another cut. I followed the instructions from Douglas.Curtis's thread with a 1:9 ratio very closely.

Yet more evidence you got something very closely resembling the BG original release, it being famous for not growing male flowers, no matter how much it's stressed.

Considering going the CS route on a different cutting.

Seems like it should work similarly to STS - maybe it's the secret sauce that finally gets C99 to go hermie.

I still hope to S1 this girl.

I hope you do too - that would be a huge accomplishment. I don't remember anyone having made C99 S1s back in the day.

Maybe its just a sign that I need to hit her with the pollen I collected from her Bro and try to set about backcrossing to the cut over a couple of generations.
If the reversal processes doesn't work, I definitely think you can replicate your clone in seed form using the cubing process you've outlined. You are going to accomplish with C99 what I think Mr. D is going to accomplish with Genius - virtual replicas of the original clone in seed form. :woohoo:

LostTribe

Premium user
I want to post this as I have been thinking about it a great deal as it is similar to what I found from Mendel.

"On the subject of hybrids and stabilising lines, I'd like to say a few words. From the perspective of an experienced and critical smoker, the blending of types can only be done genetically. What I mean to say is that mixing pure Haze weed and pure NL together and smoking it, will not give you the same effect as the hybrid would. The hybrid is better! Inbreeding the hybrid and making F2s and so on will not give you a product that is the equal of the original F1. You may get a different version that is very good, but it won't have that perfect blend of the F1. Subtleties that come from the exact 50-50 blend of the F1 get lost under a layer of more dominant traits that are expressed more and more as you continue to inbreed brothers to sisters.
It's not that I'm against this tek to create an IBL. I know it to be effective, it's just that if you have a F1 hybrid that excels be cause it's a blend of polar opposites, you won't hold on to that by inbreeding to siblings. This method of creating IBLs is more suited to hybrids that are put together because of their similarity of type.
N."
-Nevil, Breeding Techniques

It reminds me of Mendel saying how each successive backcrossed generation of a recessive trait will keep showing up no matter what you do. That means that even if you back cross the initially outcrossed male may give rise to a plant which provides you with something different from the mom.

I am tending to agree with Mendel that backcrossing can be beneficial for bringing out specific traits but it just doesn't seem to be the correct way to go about a breeding regimen.

LT

LostTribe

Premium user
So, you add more mom by breeding that male with her, a la "cubing", right?

And if the selected mom is also recessive while the male dominant but not something desirable?

This all goes back to Nevil stating that he was in favor of 1:1 f1 matings. Even an incross of plants from the same line may indeed produce inferior results.

LT

Latest posts

Latest posts