What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home Grows in WA?

EvergreenState

so as of January 2019 - a resident of Washington can't grow their own recreational cannabiz plant?

Yes. It's illegal to grow in Washington without a license and it would probably take, at least, about 500k to create a grow business that meets all of the regulations.
The average guy who wants to grow at home; it's illegal in Washington.

CrescentFresh

the first human who can fog a mirror in Washington - to say "I'm running for governor on the platform of reasonable legality for home grows" will instantly replace whoever is in office now. (Assuming there are no other moving parts in the eonomy of Washington.)

thailer

the medical growing laws haven't changed much. just go get a medical authorization and tell the doctor to write it for 15 plants and the max possession amounts. maybe home grows for recreation are not allowed but medical growing is still here and our plant counts are higher than the other states. New Mexico can have 16 plants but only four can be in bloom while i can bloom fifteen plants at a time. most states are set at either 6 or 12 total plants so even though you may have to jump through some hoops to get the medical authorization, doctors are willing to help you establish medical history in order to get your card. it's only a $1 to register with the state to grow. i've heard of growers having to pay out quite a bit to grow; even by the sqft/$$$.

yes the laws for legal weed in washington suck and i truly miss the medical farmers markets where you could network and meet other growers but it's not as bad as it seems. its pretty dang good i think as long as you grow your own because its all shitty weed coming out of the legal farms.

Space Case

Veteran
I need to setup a homegrow and/or network with some other growers, have not been impressed with any of the rec weed since I came up here...

Earlmarne

125 bucks a year for my med card dont hurt my feelings none. Pretty simple stuff.
15 plants makes pheno hunting a slow process though

Drop That Sound

You have to sign into a registry for more than 4 plants still right? One reason I never bothered to renew my card since I-502. Next thing you know they'll be coming after your guns, etc, because your name is/was on file. Didn't Inslee just pass like 7 new gun laws? Wouldn't be surprised if denying access to "medical patients" is one of them, or in one of the next bill sessions.

Earlmarne

You have to sign into a registry for more than 4 plants still right? One reason I never bothered to renew my card since I-502. Next thing you know they'll be coming after your guns, etc, because your name is/was on file. Didn't Inslee just pass like 7 new gun laws? Wouldn't be surprised if denying access to "medical patients" is one of them, or in one of the next bill sessions.

Yeah, I had to go register for 15

thailer

if you're a medical patient, even if you're not registered, i don't think you're allowed to have a gun, no matter which state. its federal. there was a thread about it going around earlier. not sure where.

what i don't like about the registery and didn't know until my someone told me is they can find out if you're a medical patient because its part of your medical history. i don't want my regular doctor knowing i smoke pot. they always say its the cannabis that's causing this, when it's helping.

Drop That Sound

Pretty sure they usually don't prosecute for only having 4 plants. Like, im sure they will ransack your house and take them, but then you won't hear anything from the court in many counties. Even if they do charge you, it would be petty enough that you won't lose any rights to own guns. But if you lose those rights as soon as you are a patient, thats pretty messed up, when a "criminal" still can.. Don't take my word for it though, I don't care enough about the law to even read them regarding the issues. Just gets me worked up to see how rediculous it all is.

FYI all - HB 1131 to allow home cultivation just moved out of the Commerce & Gaming committee with a recommendation to pass... after being stalled for about 2 years. Woo freakin' hoo... but at least its moving. Next stop is the Rules committee to get it scheduled onto the House floor agenda for discussion, possible amendment, and eventual voting. Assuming it passes, it goes to the Senate and starts all over again, so its going to be a while before the Governor sees it. Good ol' bureaucrats looking out for our interests.

For reference, this is a summary of its topics:

- Authorizes adult recreational home cultivation of marijuana, subject to restrictions.

- Provides that adults may produce and possess up to six marijuana plants at their housing unit.

- Establishes production and possession limits for certain marijuana products derived from the plants.

- Establishes a 15-plant limit per housing unit, no matter how many people live there.

- Requires marking of marijuana plants and marijuana produced from those plants with the person's name, date of birth, address, planting date, and harvest date.

- Retains the right of property owners to prohibit cultivation of marijuana by a renter or lessee under a rental agreement.

- Modifies the seizure and forfeiture statute as it applies to marijuana.

Sconeofark

Retains the right of property owners to prohibit cultivation of marijuana by a renter or lessee under a rental agreement.

Not the best joke I've come up with on the fly, I know

But it is apt

Mr Jay

Veteran
FYI all - HB 1131 to allow home cultivation just moved out of the Commerce & Gaming committee with a recommendation to pass... after being stalled for about 2 years. Woo freakin' hoo... but at least its moving. Next stop is the Rules committee to get it scheduled onto the House floor agenda for discussion, possible amendment, and eventual voting. Assuming it passes, it goes to the Senate and starts all over again, so its going to be a while before the Governor sees it. Good ol' bureaucrats looking out for our interests.

For reference, this is a summary of its topics:

- Authorizes adult recreational home cultivation of marijuana, subject to restrictions.

- Provides that adults may produce and possess up to six marijuana plants at their housing unit.

- Establishes production and possession limits for certain marijuana products derived from the plants.

- Establishes a 15-plant limit per housing unit, no matter how many people live there.

- Requires marking of marijuana plants and marijuana produced from those plants with the person's name, date of birth, address, planting date, and harvest date.

- Retains the right of property owners to prohibit cultivation of marijuana by a renter or lessee under a rental agreement.

- Modifies the seizure and forfeiture statute as it applies to marijuana.

I'm assuming this just drowned in the pandemic. Are there any updates?

Mr Jay

Veteran
And still got shot down.

You can't vote directly on it, but you can vote people out of office who spit in the face of common sense.

Vote out representatives that do not work for your interests.

Drop That Sound

Its all rigged anyway. Voting isn't gonna change much. Anyone with a dollar bill in their back pocket supports the corrupt system... We all do. Especially high ranking politicians though.. who ride on jets and get blackmailed with disturbing photos taken of them to pass laws and whatnot. That's literally how corrupt this shit is, and from every angle.

They got exactly what they wanted with the I-502, as you can hear from the opposing panel (the guys that get cash bribes to sound like idiots). Voting them out is pointless, because the real boss that calls the shots will just replace them with new ones, that we'll gladly vote in thinking it matters.

Pretty sure they even allowed the "medical" market to thrive here for a few years prior.. on purpose. Super computers were tracking everything all along, and they know exactly what they stand to lose if such a bill passed. Millions of those soul stealing dollars.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've always been a below the radar of any rules/regs. Even living in the 1st "legal state", we grew far more (for seed production) than allowed. Prio with MMJ 'production license'., more than 4 flowering, 6 or so in veg mode.

Just grow with no show!!!