What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

TheSg

I always thought wallyduck had good stuff. Good to hear people appreciated the seed making efforts done by Wally.
I was gonna mention the Joey weed as they were Canadian and around when I was younger and thoroughly aware of the available seed strains

All I remember is when I used to smoke Cindy. It would wake me up!
It would pull open my eye lids!
It would beat my heart for me as if my heart didn't need the blood within it ! Hah
And I would work out like some crazy stoner junkie and I was in the best shape of my life while smoking copious c99 as motivation.
I used to get soo high and go out and friends would be like hey how are ya ? I'd tell them omfg I'm so high right now and they'd look at me funny and say you don't even look stoned ?
It was a super unique strain for its effects.

Crazy Chester

Here is a pic of the original C99 F1 1st release was only 500 seeds ...thats it ..Soul told me this personally ... the seed pack produced a 60/40 ratio of males to females & i F2'd them and made history for the next 8 years ...then i got busted and the police stole everything ... thats how i lost Cindy ... View ImageView Imagewhen he came back in 2016 i nearly shit a brick i was SO EXCITED ...but he pulled the rug from out under me & the "new" C99 from BG is only %50 original at the very best ..i was so disappointed cant pout it into words ...if ANYONE has the original ...i will reward them for it ...peace

The last pic to the right - that's what my original Bros. Grimm clone looked like at around 35 days of flowering...where is she? Or her sister? Damn broad mites...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mosca's C99 BX was incredible. Had quite few phenos but the Pineapple phenos with dome shaped tops were just magnificent. Straight unmistakeable Pineapples with a bit of damp musty basement background. When you cured it to 30 days a very very nice back ground grape candy sort of smell appeared to back up the pineapple. I have a grow of it and my keeper somewhere on here unless it got deleted.

I wouldn't even bother growing anyone else to be honest. I found mine in 2 packs of beans. She had a nice stretch and awesome center cola. High was top shelf day time. You won't sleep.

Crazy Chester

I remember some pretty impressive pics of plants grown from Mosca's BX. I grew the Mosca C99 "F1" (I also popped two packs) and the best plant I got was a mango smelling couch locker - very good plant - just not Cinderella 99.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember some pretty impressive pics of plants grown from Mosca's BX. I grew the Mosca C99 "F1" (I also popped two packs) and the best plant I got was a mango smelling couch locker - very good plant - just not Cinderella 99.

Yeah it was c99 there is mango/melon in it. You just bought the f1's which of course had more variation. If he only had the f1's up id be buyin 3 or 4 packs given my experience with 2 of the bx. I don't remember which everyone was growing at the time but there was more than just me that found the pheno on here when he first dropped them. Quite few other people posted and it was definitive seeing the dome colas.

He definitely has the real deal.

Crazy Chester

To Mosca & Mr. Soul - Put Up Or Shut Up!

To Mosca & Mr. Soul - Put Up Or Shut Up!

He definitely has the real deal.

Ok - so it will take three or four packs to find the "real deal" that Mosca has.

Then, maybe he should say that one out of several dozen seeds will be the real deal and the 30+ other seeds we've bought will not be the real deal.

BTW, the real "real deal" could usually be found within 10 original bros grimm seeds.

Also, I don't remember anyone getting a plant that smelled like mangos or smoked like an indica dominant hybrid, like the one I found, so "variation" of what?

What I think Mosca should do is the same thing I think Mr. Soul should do - admit that he doesn't have "the real deal" anymore and apologize for leading everyone on a wild goose chase for it. Then, help us search for it, so that it might be brought back to the masses.

Making pretend they have it is getting old at this point.

Have you seen anyone who actually had the "real deal" back in the day gushing about their Mosca or Brothers Grimm C99 they grew from seeds available from those two breeders in the last few years?

I certainly haven't.

I have an idea - why doesn't either Mosca, Mr. Soul, or anyone else for that matter, give some respected members here their best clone they've found from the probably hundreds of grows they've done with their supposedly "real deal" seeds, and those of us who actually experienced "the real deal" can decide if they still have it?

Why not self the "real deal" and give it to trusted members here to test grow, if for no reason other than to convince us to buy their regular C99 seeds?

Back in the day - there were dozens of grows chronicled on Overgrow and the other board that preceded it, that I don't remember the name of right now, in which the growers clearly got what the bros grimm had described.

Where's the grow chronicles of the new bros. grimm C99 from someone who experienced the actual "real deal" from back in the day?

Where's the grow chronicles of the new Mosca C99 whatever whatever that show he has the real deal?

Hell, Mr. Soul used to say (correctly) that C99 usually finished in 50 days - yet, we're supposed to believe what finishes in 8-9 weeks now is the same thing?!

None of my 20 Mosca C99 "F1"s finished as fast as the original - I'm supposed to believe that if I popped one or two packs more that I'd find something different?!

To Mr. Soul and Mosca - if you no longer have it, admit it, because we already know you don't have it!

I'd love to hear from all those people amazed by what they found - like they used to do a decade and more ago...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
He was more than clear in his description wtf an F1 was and how it had more phenos than his bx version. He could not have been more clear in his descriptions the difference between the two. It was why I went with the BX. There was absolutely nothing off about his offering. What exactly are you trying to say was different in the gene pool? The original never finished in less than 63 days and 56-58 days is the best time to pull it (go on try to take pineapple pheno to 70 days and let us all know how awesome it is). You pull it early or the terps start to be trash just like the high....This is a sativa and the description on finish times were bs just like every one else at the time. What strain have you grown that 'finished' in under 50 days? By finish I mean at least 10% brown....I have had one line that finished before day 54 out of thousands and thousands of beans including c99. If you want more pineapple than what is in the bx beans you just not being realistic at all. The pineapple is fuckin awesome in his line and very much present. You want to know where all the happy people went back then? The same place his forum went on here. In the bin. So much shit was gone because of whatever falling out there clearly was with most of the breeders doing work here at time..There were tons of posts back in the day.

I notice a lot of people chasing fuckin fantasy and saying genes have changed on strains that just simply haven't. There is plenty of worked versions of this. No different than Skunk #1, ww, and all the other shit that is and was widely available. This is not Roadkill Skunk.

There was and is a melon type terpene profile in c99 it mainly shows up in outcrosses but definitely there in the normal pool if dig deep enough. I got it to show up in several diggin very deep which included my time working With Rez's C99 genes. It showed up in the sourdiesel and blueberry cross. It also showed up just like the pineapple smell in DNA S1 of C99 they call Cantaloupe Haze which is just a bunch of bullshit renamed c99 and everyone knew it when they dropped it.

Grapefruit, pineapple, floral, tutti fruity, and melon (not at all watermelon) are all apart of the related spectrum of terpenes. Go read Mr. Souls description of you will see him mention HONEYDEW MELON in most of the crosses that involve Princess/c99 and all the parental work leading up to c99. It was true then and is true now.

So where are all the people saying how awesome Mosca's c99 release? Right here threads and the whole forum may be deleted but I've gone no where. I don't know the guy could care less anything of him. The product was fire and it was c99 through and through just like a lot of the other people that did their own work within line like Peak, FMS, et cetera. C99 like most of the others are not unicorns.

Crazy Chester

The original never finished in less than 63 days
40Amp - I recall almost everyone harvested between 50-52 days. Some had phenos that were ready as early as 45 days. Only the rare odd duck thought it took longer than 52 days back then to finish. The time period I am talking about is the early 2000s and the Cinderella 99 I'm talking about is the original Brothers Grimm.

This is a sativa and the description on finish times were bs just like every one else at the time.
Uh, no it wasn't, it was an actual accurate description of the flowering time, within two days, as I've stated.
What strain have you grown that 'finished' in under 50 days?
My original Bros. Grimm C99 clone did. So did Jojorizo's Trainwreck S1s and so did 3LB's Blowfish F2s. There are plenty more that I have yet to try that finish around 50 days - unless you disagree with every one of those growers determination that their particular plant is done, which you probably would unless your calculator confirmed 10% ambers - lol.

By finish I mean at least 10% brown....
You may believe that's what finished means. But, I'm telling you it is NOT what a finished original C99 means to the great majority of those who grew the original.
I have had one line that finished before day 54 out of thousands and thousands of beans including c99.
That's not surprising if the C99s you were growing were younger than 15 years old. The qualities of the original declined precipitously from there.
If you want more pineapple than what is in the bx beans you just not being realistic at all.
I'd be quite happy with my old grapefruit clone. I'd send you one and then you'd reverse pretty much everything you've said here so far.

I'm impressed if Mosca's BX contained the terps and potency - but, if it takes a couple weeks longer to finish, there's a universe of sativa doms out there that can take her place.

There were none to replace C99 back in the day - due to the FAST flowering time. Only Blowfish and Vision Thai had similar sativa highs AND the finish time - but, they didn't come until a couple years later.

The pineapple is fuckin awesome in his line and very much present...There were tons of posts back in the day.
I remember. It looked quite good, actually. But, that was like 10 years ago, I thought. Are beans still available from the batch you grew?

Grapefruit, pineapple, floral, tutti fruity, and melon (not at all watermelon) are all apart of the related spectrum of terpenes. Go read Mr. Souls description of you will see him mention HONEYDEW MELON in most of the crosses that involve Princess/c99 and all the parental work leading up to c99.
That may be how Mr. Soul describes his current C99 and it may very well be true. He didn't describe it that way back then though. Maybe he did with the crosses, though. I don't recall it in the P50, P75, etc., but I suppose it could have had flavors like melon. Bottom line is: none of them finished faster than 8 weeks of flower when the original did finish that fast.

C99 like most of the others are not unicorns.
You don't even recognize the qualities of the original that I saw with my own eyes - and from the amount of old timers here who have had experiences with C99 similar to mine - what could be more "unicorn" than that?

BTW - I notice you didn't address my solution to the problem - again, why doesn't Mosca and Soul just self the plant that they supposedly have and think most resembles the original?

I believe it is because they no longer have that plant.

In particular, Mr. Soul doesn't have the males that were used to make the original. The males he had to end up using require flower of 8 weeks and more. I don't know what Mosca has, but I don't recall people finishing the F1s or the BXs faster than 60 days.

Last edited:

rizraz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A little late to the party but I've got 8 seedlings of original circa 2000 Cindy seeds and a rotten pineapple male. I've had since 2000 a grapefruit female who I've used before in breeding projects. The grapefruit is for sure the dominate phenotype and the one who seems to pass most of her traits on. The pineapple male I've just been keeping for years, never used. I'll happily mail you some pollen if you're interested and I've got a grow log running for my old cindy seeds.

Crazy Chester

A little late to the party but I've got 8 seedlings of original circa 2000 Cindy seeds and a rotten pineapple male. I've had since 2000 a grapefruit female who I've used before in breeding projects. The grapefruit is for sure the dominate phenotype and the one who seems to pass most of her traits on. The pineapple male I've just been keeping for years, never used. I'll happily mail you some pollen if you're interested and I've got a grow log running for my old cindy seeds.
Wow!:yay: For real, rizraz?
I'm thinking you look something like this:
santa1.gif

Stocktont

Veteran
There's a lot of things that don't add up regarding the new Brothers Grimm for most people that were around when the first version of the company sold seeds.

* The start of the “cubing of Princess” process has changed from “a brother of Princess” to
a Shiva Skunk male.

* The original version of C99 is now P97 when it was P94 in 1999 (do the math and logic, if
it was called cubing it's the third backcross not the fourth)

* He went from saying feminized seeds were very bad to doing talks on how to make
quality feminized seeds hahaha.

Peacefrog

Veteran
I have some Esko C99 F3s in the seed stash. I can't remember if they were SD freebies or if I actually bought them. Has anyone dabbled in Esko's C99 offerings?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great idea there rizraz. Real action beats talk everytime. ^^ Esko did good work, I would look into those beans for sure. I ran his Jalisco and Oaxacan, good stuff. Wish he would get back in the game.

Not sure the pineapple taste is so important. The mango or tropical fruit flavor FDM pheno I have is super stimulating and euphoric, at 6 hits or so, I lose it. Lost in space. No crash either.

Last edited:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Where have you been all of my life?:biggrin:

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
40Amp - I recall almost everyone harvested between 50-52 days. Some had phenos that were ready as early as 45 days. Only the rare odd duck thought it took longer than 52 days back then to finish. The time period I am talking about is the early 2000s and the Cinderella 99 I'm talking about is the original Brothers Grimm.

Uh, no it wasn't, it was an actual accurate description of the flowering time, within two days, as I've stated.

My original Bros. Grimm C99 clone did. So did Jojorizo's Trainwreck S1s and so did 3LB's Blowfish F2s. There are plenty more that I have yet to try that finish around 50 days - unless you disagree with every one of those growers determination that their particular plant is done, which you probably would unless your calculator confirmed 10% ambers - lol.

You may believe that's what finished means. But, I'm telling you it is NOT what a finished original C99 means to the great majority of those who grew the original.

That's not surprising if the C99s you were growing were younger than 15 years old. The qualities of the original declined precipitously from there.

I'd be quite happy with my old grapefruit clone. I'd send you one and then you'd reverse pretty much everything you've said here so far.

I'm impressed if Mosca's BX contained the terps and potency - but, if it takes a couple weeks longer to finish, there's a universe of sativa doms out there that can take her place.

There were none to replace C99 back in the day - due to the FAST flowering time. Only Blowfish and Vision Thai had similar sativa highs AND the finish time - but, they didn't come until a couple years later.

I remember. It looked quite good, actually. But, that was like 10 years ago, I thought. Are beans still available from the batch you grew?

That may be how Mr. Soul describes his current C99 and it may very well be true. He didn't describe it that way back then though. Maybe he did with the crosses, though. I don't recall it in the P50, P75, etc., but I suppose it could have had flavors like melon. Bottom line is: none of them finished faster than 8 weeks of flower when the original did finish that fast.

You don't even recognize the qualities of the original that I saw with my own eyes - and from the amount of old timers here who have had experiences with C99 similar to mine - what could be more "unicorn" than that?

BTW - I notice you didn't address my solution to the problem - again, why doesn't Mosca and Soul just self the plant that they supposedly have and think most resembles the original?

I believe it is because they no longer have that plant.

In particular, Mr. Soul doesn't have the males that were used to make the original. The males he had to end up using require flower of 8 weeks and more. I don't know what Mosca has, but I don't recall people finishing the F1s or the BXs faster than 60 days.

I bought the rice packs on heaven stairway with apollo 11. They weren't exactly selling fast at 150$ a pack back then although emory had shit at 300+. Spare me on the old timer shit. Icmag wasn't even a thing then. HS got busted a bit afterwards. If cloudy and some clear is what you want sure 48-52 days is feasible on c99 in most everyone's version. It was even feasible when crossed out to Sour Diesel. Past day 63 the high became garbage and not what you grow it for. Weak boring buzz with no thrill.

Souls description now is the same it was back then when it came to parental stock of c99. He knew exactly what it put out terpene wise.

You know what is funny you bitch about c99 not being the same and moscas not being good or legit and everyone else is fake, but both mosca's c99 and Rez's galadriel spit out the most sick grapefruit phenos that I chose to breed towards rather than pineapple. Pineapple was why people bought c99 though and it was it's claim to fame. It was the pineapple terpenes he made this line for and marketed it.

Female seeds bred towards grapefruit...there is your lovely long lost unicorn that will never be the same because the 10+ major breeders throughout the years have just been selling dutch skunk crosses or some shit to c99??...People have bred different ways in a big gene pool just like all the rest.

This was not a strain that was by any means lost just like blueberry, skunk, white widow, and all the rest. Plenty to choose from find your own.
c99 wasnt a fuckin ibl and had lots of phenos just like all these other 'old timer' strains. When you actually grow out 50 beans or f2's you start to see that. Pineapple, tropical tutti fruity, and grapefruit were the most common. The rest you mainly found in the parent stock, when crossed out, or when F2 or F3.

Crazy Chester

You know what is funny you bitch about c99 not being the same and moscas not being good and everyone else is fake, but both mosca's c99 and Rez's galadriel spit out the most sick grapefruit phenos that I chose to breed towards rather than pineapple. Pineapple was why people bought c99 though and it was it's claim to fame. It was the pineapple terpenes he made this line for and marketed it.

I'm with 'ya on the grapefruit pheno - I loved the one I was fortunate enough to have and its smoke compared favorably to the one time I sampled the real deal original pineapple pheno.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Mosca's seeds or anyone else's are not good. And I do think Mosca, Rez, etc., all had the real deal at some point and they may still have it now. But, too many people who I find credible, and my-self, have been having a way more difficult time finding the real deal in the seeds that have been produced over the last couple years - in contrast to the F2s that were available in the mid-2000s. That just makes me suspicious and dubious.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey man I don't blame anyone for one second for being skeptical on genetic history. Especially in Euro banks and breeders as things have evolved. I debate hard here because of personal experience I can't deny. I don't know if you can still get mosca's c99 but probably 2 years ago? It was still out there and I would buy it in a heart beat if I was going for real c99. I swear just like the OP of this thread, Rez, Dutchgrown, Chimera's friends (I am drawing a blank on breeder name sold lots on here with c99), Peakseeds, and Female seeds they all play in the same gene pool. It's real c99 just different parental selections. Your flowering times may vary but fuck there is nothing I can think of you can cross c99 to and get away with it. I don't care how much you inbreed. The terpene profiles are very distinct. I have had other pineapple and amazing pineapple, but nothing exact.

At the end of the day there was no way in hell Mosca could have pulled one over on all us vets at the time that were still here pounding away. His c99 lines were grown out in a very public fashion for all to see. A shame that is all gone. I did not expect the frostiness I got out of my pineapple mom keeper. Definitely the girl that got away same for my favorite grapefruit phenos. I think the grapefruit phenos crossed out a million times better and had better flavor and high.

EDIT:

Here mosca kept his lines intact:

https://moscaseeds.com/cinderella-99-bx/

If I were buying in the future, and this is the whole reason I dropped in the on thread, I would be buying his bx, the op's if his lines are still available, and either Peaks or seeing how FMS grapefruit isolations have held up.

Grapefruit phenos tend to be stretchy like the pineapple with plump medium tight-sort of airy not really buds. The squat ones that youd think indica but smoke sativa were the tutti fruity ones and other different phenos. You can of course find blends but to me the structures were very telling as to which terps youd be smelling.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
None of my grow logs survived the purge I am sure but cool enough a smoke report did with good pictures.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=171777

See the dome shape on the right plant? That is the bitch you want if you want pineapple =) Top shelf wow. Dont take her past 58 days you can pull at 48. 56 just felt 'right' high wise and smelled 'right' looses sharpness of smell past 65 I felt and the high dull. High at 56 great racy sativa can focus not scattered brained.