What's new

EZ cloner's

full time daddy
Veteran
steel savage said:
00420 , make sure yer holes are big enough to get tha rooted girls outta tha cloner !

yep yep... the fist one i made ( white top) there a lil 2 small but works. i made the new one plenty of room thx......

00420 br0 all is good,, everyone is entitled to their opinion.. i have just went through these issues before...... tried lots of things, but this is the only thing that resloved the plant death for me... i wish u the best of luck ..... peace

thx draw i just want to use bleach as a back up. maybe a good cleaning every 2 months thats about how long it took to kill the ones now but with lower temps i don see how slim ( root rot ) can set in just like dwc buckets.

its all from heat..

J

James-Bong

Ran mine all night with the bleach solution...... Rinsed several times today....Put my neoprene sleaves in the washin machine hot water and added an ass load of bleach....Rinsed every sleaves by hand.......Refilled my Rez with RO water.....Balanced PH to 6.4.........Going to leave the top off with blubblers running Tonight (precaution cause of the bleach)........Take A Test cutting tomorrow see how it goes......

J

James-Bong

What about a 12oz Frozen bottle in the reZ? might keep the temps down enough all day???

aeric

Veteran
aeric.,, your welcome,, and thanx for posting up, i adjust my ph to 6.3,, and use 2x 40 floro tubes about 4 to 6 inches from the cutting tops... this advice as helped a few IC members in the past,, and hope it helps u aswell....peace

Thanks HowarD

G

00420 u thick muthafucka...LOL!!

00420 u thick muthafucka...LOL!!

00420 said:
thx draw i just want to use bleach as a back up. maybe a good cleaning every 2 months thats about how long it took to kill the ones now but with lower temps i don see how slim ( root rot ) can set in just like dwc buckets.
i agree but disagree....................
i know you're busy with everythin else, but,
CLEAN IT AFTER EACH AND EVERY RUN!
00420 said:
its all about the heat.
to a degree.

issack,

the light is most likely not his problem b/c the only variable is time, and nothing else for his failure/success rate here, if u can dig it..which means pathogens taking hold...

got a good analogy i KNOW you can relate to ;)
think: ideal conditions (heat, acidity, etc) initiate incubation period - eventually those pathogens will ruin your work.

issack said:
I only use a 35w t8 floresent about 30 inches away from the cloner....my results are 10 times better now...i was getting that stem rot with alot of light...

good info, been tryin to bang this into every one of these watt-hoggerz headz :D j/k guys, but seriously, keep the wattage low over rootin clones. once you get bumps twist the other 2 lamps on 00420, u say your usin 60w so i assume its (3)F20T12 2footers.. use 1 over that bad boy, two most, maybe 2 ft away, and turn the last bulb into place once thopse rootbumps start swellin...youll be a happy agent420

full time daddy
Veteran
CaptainJack said:
i know you're busy with everythin else, but,
CLEAN IT AFTER EACH AND EVERY RUN!

to a degree.

issack,

the light is most likely not his problem b/c the only variable is time, and nothing else for his failure/success rate here, if u can dig it..which means pathogens taking hold...

got a good analogy i KNOW you can relate to ;)
think: ideal conditions (heat, acidity, etc) initiate incubation period - eventually those pathogens will ruin your work.

good info, been tryin to bang this into every one of these watt-hoggerz headz :D j/k guys, but seriously, keep the wattage low over rootin clones. once you get bumps twist the other 2 lamps on 00420, u say your usin 60w so i assume its (3)F20T12 2footers.. use 1 over that bad boy, two most, maybe 2 ft away, and turn the last bulb into place once thopse rootbumps start swellin...youll be a happy agent420

every round.........................
my round's dont stop i all way have sumething inthere.......its a 60 site & i do 120. ( 2 per neo )

i do 60 wait 3-4 days stick 60 more in, when the 1st 60 root by god i toss 60 more in i cant wait 2 weeks for 120 clone ( 10-12 dayz) i need 60 per 5-6.

i know that sounds like a ton. but 1 60 site mini mod ( coli ) takes 60 per 20 days when u have 3 of them..... not to count the 48 1 gallons & 12 in my closet o my there 60 more :) i think that puts us at per 15 days ;)

get my drift?

if my drift is not being cought heres a few more pic for thought.

ps. should i upload more pic's of more rooms that need more clones? :bat:
when i spent over 300 bux i thought i would be able to do waht i want.
if i would have spent 300 in bubblers icould have done 3x what i needed
by the way i have 2 60 site cloners..........

G

00420, are you trying to seduce me young man?
:moon:

well now that you pulled off the DIY cloner you'll be able to make those cleanins happen maybe once a week ey? :bat: (in BOTH systems, bubblers and aero, not so much the bubblers as the ezs when usin that amount of h2o2 every week id say, but by god:Dsterilize that shit from time to time

dunno if i do catch your drift br0, i learn better by doing - how bout them stamps:D
:hotbounce: much good vibes toward your clones br0:ying:roots out the ying-yang:ying:

J

James-Bong

Well i let the Bubblers run all night with the top off...... i still smell a hint of bleach...... You think it will be ok for cuttings????

full time daddy
Veteran
CaptainJack said:
u say your usin 60w so i assume its (3)F20T12 2footers..

its 2 x f30t12 3 feet's x 30 watt's me brada

00420, are you trying to seduce me young man?

well now that you pulled off the DIY cloner you'll be able to make those cleanins happen maybe once a week ey? (in BOTH systems, bubblers and aero, not so much the bubblers as the ezs when usin that amount of h2o2 every week id say, but by godsterilize that shit from time to time

dunno if i do catch your drift br0, i learn better by doing - how bout them stamps
: much good vibes toward your clones br0roots out the ying-yang

just makes ya mad homie when ya drop cash ( o most a g ) for sumthing that was said to be fixed & i dont have prob's in my flowering rez's i dont change them but when adding new clones.....after harvast

Brownpants

I clean my bubblers every 6 months or so :yoinks: . (If it aint broke don't fix it)
No bleach, just dump the water...maybe rub off some of the deposits with my hand, rinse and fill with new water. I find the bubblers are fool proof, and when you add some more airstones, find the optimum light distance and water temperatures...You can root clones in 8-9 days.

I love my Bubbler! :dance:

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
Brownpants said:
I clean my bubblers every 6 months or so :yoinks: . (If it aint broke don't fix it)
No bleach, just dump the water...maybe rub off some of the deposits with my hand, rinse and fill with new water. I find the bubblers are fool proof, and when you add some more airstones, find the optimum light distance and water temperatures...You can root clones in 8-9 days.

THANK U

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Interesting read guys. Having troubles with my EZ too, I've found this thread most informative. Thanks. Looks like there's still two schools of thought on the light distance though.

GreatLakes THC

G

James-Bong said:
Well i let the Bubblers run all night with the top off...... i still smell a hint of bleach...... You think it will be ok for cuttings????

as long as you ran fresh water in the ez after the bleach solution run and u towl dried the inside,, you should be fine.... i always smell a little chylorine after the cleaning...

G

GLTHC lights further away make for healthier rooting, adding more light once theyve began to root will give you long crazy roots and the plants just start growing as in drawoh's case:D

dude has mighty nice roots and keeps his lights close, brownpants said it, if it aint broke dont fix it.

im not tryin to change any1 mind just statin the facts for yas.

00420 said:
i dont have prob's in my flowering rez's i dont change them but when adding new clones.....after harvast

using the AN line right?
the quasi-organic + beneficials...million part :D
the good bacteria levels in your buckets far outweigh the levels of bad bacteria once the colony has established.

i have read to NOT wash out the system between uses if using such products as AN tarantula / pirhanna

you want to keep the good organisms alive, they control and keep away pathogens, hence you not having to clean the systems out between uses.

the cloner is a different story.
but im a soil grower what do i know:moon:your not going to listen to me anyway:petting:

full time daddy
Veteran
CaptainJack said:
GLTHC lights further away make for healthier rooting, adding more light once theyve began to root will give you long crazy roots and the plants just start growing as in drawoh's case:D

dude has mighty nice roots and keeps his lights close, brownpants said it, if it aint broke dont fix it.

im not tryin to change any1 mind just statin the facts for yas.

using the AN line right?
the quasi-organic + beneficials...million part :D
the good bacteria levels in your buckets far outweigh the levels of bad bacteria once the colony has established.

i have read to NOT wash out the system between uses if using such products as AN tarantula / pirhanna

you want to keep the good organisms alive, they control and keep away pathogens, hence you not having to clean the systems out between uses.

the cloner is a different story.
but im a soil grower what do i know:moon:your not going to listen to me anyway:petting:

so what are u saying use p & t ???????????????????

but its not that i dont listen bro... its just a simple fact i have used a bubbler for 3 yrs and frankly have not changed the water but 5 times and have pulled 100's of clones with out prob's TELL tonight........... so i fucked up

i moved some clones from the ez-cloner to my bubbler to bleach the cloner
i fell a sleep with it runnig last night and woke up to every clone in my bubbler infected with slime gooie goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIGH MAINTANCE is not what i want.......
this puts me at some where near 300 clones gone..........................dead.............death

good thing i had a 2nd bubbler with ape & tnt.....

G

hey bro

look at it this way, you got lucky.
these micro organisms (harmful) are everywhere from the air you breath (by the MILLIONS!) to the water from the tap, once conditions are ideal for them to germinate or 'hatch' and take hold the devestation will begin be it 3 weeks or 3 years. i'm sorry to sound so negative just trying to get the point across that theres a whole world of nasty shit lurking everywhere just waiting for the right time to strike and the best way to stay protected from it is sterilizing the system liek clockwork.

hope the bubblers work well for you from now on too homes.

no, i dont think you should use T& P in the cloner. there is no host (roots) so......

be well

Brownpants

CaptainJack said:

Excellent Biology there CJ. They are called Beneficial Flora and Fauna. Like you said they keep the pathogens numbers down by out-competing them for resources, space etc...

But,

Everytime you sterilize the containers, you are wiping the slate clean, the bacteria varieties all have equal chances of taking hold. It is like sterilizing the kitchen counter, you think it is helping, but in reality it is creating an environment that favours more types of organisms. There is more variety of bacteria on a frequently sterilized counter than one that is not. Thus, increasing the chances of pathogens taking hold, like Salmonella, or E.Coli.

OK...I think I just freaked out the obsessive compulsives out there :yoinks:

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Listen up folks...

keep it clean
Aero and water cloning are the form of hydroponics which is MOST affected by harmful pathogens infecting the works. Sterlize between cycles with bleach. Rinse it thoroughly with TAP water. The only exception to all the advice following this comment is if you are using aquarium water, which is another topic altogether and imnsho the only acceptable and workable alternative to straight up clean (but ph'd) water in any aero or water cloning device. The reasons being way too complex to get into in this thread, so lets continue with what I've found to work best with cheapo-aero cloning...

Water...
Use TAP water IF its not treated with fluoride by your city water system.
Tap water is fine because it has a slight amount of chlorine in it, which WILL help your new cuttings get started without any bad microbes.

CHANGE the water at least once after the first 24 hours, so that your cuttings will have that second shot of slight chlorination in the water. The slight chlorine content will not harm the cuttings chances of survival, I rest my reputation on this !

PH the tap water begining with the first water change to @ 5.5 to 6.0 using phosphoric acid. It is the ONLY chemical you should add to an aero cloner (such as the "cheapo-aero") or any water cloner whether it be a submerged stem or aero style system.

If you'd rather run ro water or distilled water, I suggest using about 5 to 10 drops of plain household bleach (not the scented crap) per gallon of water for the first and second water change, by which time the cuttings should be free of any contaminants they may have brought into the cloners water.

Maintain the cloner after the first couple changes by topping off the water level if needed and adding a little more phosphoric acid as the ph drifts upward.

Temperature..
Shoot for between 72 and 78f. If its wintertime and your cloning area is prone to cold drafts, you may want to use a small submersible aquarium heater.

Temps below 72 will clone a little slower. Temps down in the sixties and lower WILL cause very slow rooting if not flat out stalled clones (stasis).

If its warmer in the room and the water is running above 78, then you'll have to do something about lowering the temps. A black or dark colored air pump will absorb heat energy and transfer it to the water if its in direct light, especially if you're cloning in an hid lit enclosure. Remote the pump out of the warm enclosure or at least shade it from the lighting.

Dark colored cloners WILL also cause the temps to run high. Cure that by sheilding it from the light, either by using some reflectex, panda film or mylar, or by painting the cloners exterior with a few coats of an opaque white spray such as plasti-dip spray or krylon for plastics.

Lighting...
I've found that keeping the fluoros about a foot or two away has a much better success rate than close up lighting as has been customary thru the history of "how to clone" articles and ancient folk lore. The cuttings stay happier and greener when they're concentrating all their efforts on making roots vs trying to photosynthesize at the same time.

other ways, other lights & misc cloning tips...

I've also cloned under HID light, but only with the use of a shade cloth between the light and the cloner to filter the intensity and you may end up needing to dome the cloner as the hid environment can be a little too dry.

Another thing I've found curious, is using a "blue plastic" wallymart grocery bag "tented" over the cheapo-aero tub as a dome under halide lit aero cloning. I'm not sure what it is, but it produces roots a couple days sooner than a white plastic grocery bag. Perhaps its a light spectrum "filtering" thing, I dont know but it works, which is all that counts ?

Scarify the stems slightly...
I lightly scrape a lengthwise stripe or two along the stems last half inch.
Using a clean razor blade, box cutter blade or similar, held 90 degrees from the stem and dragging it along the surface to very lightly scrape away some of the stems outer surface. (arrgh...theres a word for it but brainfade has me tongue tied atm)
This scarification will cause the cutting to try to heal it asap with a callous, this callous IS the very begining of what we call "root bumps" and the place the roots will soon follow. Try it, you'll not be disappointed.

Happy cloning,

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
FUCK THIS EZ CLONER...........................................................

LOADING UP PICS NOW.............................

fresh round after bleaching 60 clones gone 75 deg's :fsu:
:fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: