What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How the Big Boys Roll

mofeta

Veteran
I am posting this here instead of the Toker's Den, because I think the members that check this sub-forum would appreciate this document more than the general population. Sorry if you think this is the wrong place.

Here is a link to a pdf of a powerpoint presentation by Dr. David Potter, who works for GW Pharma. It was delivered this last March at a conference in London sponsored by the Society of Chemical Industry.

Cannabis- From Bench to Bedside

(NOTE: Don't confuse this with the subtitle of Grotenhermen's book.)

Here are a few snapshots from this presentation

attachment.php

VEG HOUSE (gotta love the lab coat!)

attachment.php

FLO HOUSE

attachment.php

TRICH

attachment.php

PRODUCT FLOW

attachment.php

PURE CRYSTALLINE CANNABINOIDS

For those of you who are convinced that GW Pharma is Satan, Hitler and the boogie man all rolled into one, eating babies and heralding the apocalypse, PLEASE refrain from clogging this thread up. Make your own thread about how evil they are. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• GW greenhouse.png
    GW greenhouse.png
    444.5 KB · Views: 19
  • GW flowers.png
    GW flowers.png
    437.7 KB · Views: 24
  • GW extract.jpg
    GW extract.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 15
  • capitate stalked trichome.png
    capitate stalked trichome.png
    84 KB · Views: 22
  • GW pure CBG and CBD.jpg
    GW pure CBG and CBD.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 12

HUGE

Veteran
WHat the fuck is winterisation ? And wy does my hash need to be winterized?

Mia

Interesting.
They hand water through veg and go 24/0 on the lighting.
It also appears trichomes do age from one of the slides, as I know Gray Wolf and some others were inquiring into such things.
Kind of scary but cool how nice their set ups are, wish I had more money.....

KiefSweat

Veteran
WHat the fuck is winterisation ? And wy does my hash need to be winterized?

It allows the waxes and fats to precipitate out of hash oil.

I love when people shit on GWpharm. Yes it may be scary if you don't understand it but the amount of published data that they have put out in the past ten years is mind blowing.

mofeta

Veteran
Hi Chimera

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was pretty sure it hadn't been posted here before, and I thought it was very entertaining. Did you look at that UN guide to analysis of cannabis that I linked to in the GC standards thread? It is highly entertaining!

Ickis

Veteran
I guess people can stop worrying how far away their lights are because they seem very far away. However, the buds look great.

dizzlekush

I guess people can stop worrying how far away their lights are because they seem very far away. However, the buds look great.

You do realize that they are in a greenhouse and the roof is translucent, right? the plants main source of light is not artificial, its the sun, supplemented with artificial. whole different ball game. in the above pictures all of the HID lighting is turned off and the light you see is from the sun. The DLI in a greenhouse is typically much more than that of an environment with artificial lighting, and plants have a limit on how much light they can use in a day, so less intense artificial light is needed to supplement greenhouses, and is used more to control photoperiod than anything else. in the greenhouse world, the smaller the reflector, the better so it doesn't shade plants from the sun. not quite true in typical indoor applications.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
This is very scary. Good thing cannabis is illegal to cultivate in almost every country in the world unless you're a giant pharmaceutical company. Then no laws apply. I'd prefer to see chimera with a spot like that. Him and Sam skunk man in lab coats doing the same work, but on behalf of humanity instead of in pursuit of massive profit and control of a type of medicine.

KiefSweat

Veteran
LOL, you might need to look into the development of those plants they grow over there.

Development of pharmaceuticals from natural botanicals to treat MS and other disease like that is such a horrible thing.

N

Nondual

Cool info. I've been watching GW for years. Interesting they hand water as you'd think it would be fully automated. I saw the Flo they have going and one of my all time favorite plants so guess I'm onto something lol.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
how the hell do they hand water all that!! i seriously wouldnt mind getting involved in something like that if the black market ever crashes...you gotta plan ahead. id rather still work with cannabis even if the pay is half..than have to switch to some other bloodsucking career...

G

guest8905

great post

thanks to the op

hand watering gives them total control

id like to work in that gh for a while, looks awesome

well my goals are upped after seeing that gh, super nice set up

E

elmanito

In this part of the BBC documentary Cannabis The Evil Weed you see it a bit closer of the greenhouse of GW Pharmaceuticals.[YOUTUBEIF]SIxYLmslPsw[/YOUTUBEIF]

For those of you who are convinced that GW Pharma is Satan, Hitler and the boogie man all rolled into one, eating babies and heralding the apocalypse, PLEASE refrain from clogging this thread up. Make your own thread about how evil they are. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for posting, but i hope you realize when you're a patient in the UK where growing your own is still not allowed by the government, so you have to buy the meds from this company for big bucks (Sativex is certainly not cheap ), only i can say that the truth will come out some day and that may be sooner than you think.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
It allows the waxes and fats to precipitate out of hash oil.

I love when people shit on GWpharm. Yes it may be scary if you don't understand it but the amount of published data that they have put out in the past ten years is mind blowing.

Do you have any more information on how this "winterisation" is performed?