What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girlfriend is a Teacher. . . .

I wood

Get yourself a good integrated pest management plan, especially if setting up near a known spore factory.
I left powdery mildew behind after I started spraying weekly with aloe, potassium silicate and neem to about one third the way through flowering.
I second the small set up as a better idea, less smell, humidity and heat issues todeal with.
Good luck

rykus

A French teacher in my high school got arrested in her classroom because her boyfriend was growing in their spare bathroom, no charges and she kept her job but yeah, handcuffed in front of 25 grade 9 kids ... Embarrassing, and rude.

The best thing you could do is keep it as separate as possible, liability isn't "cool" ... Seems like your friend has the start of a right idea, but even that should only be if it's productive and also low risk and at least pays for your time/risk/investment.

Probably should sit down with your friend and go over some local laws, do a walk around/tidy up/security assessment , and figure out building a veg and flip room and getting up over 1.5 per.... It's hard to explain potential/exponential loss and most people see a gain... But if bills are equal(they are usually greater) on a 3/4 per crop, it will not only yield half as much, it will usually take more hours to trim, sell for less and not be as quality result.

Enjoying great herb and seeing it through the cycle is fun and fulfilling, but it is a stress that can and should be properly acknowledged and IMO should not be taken lightly. And for your own sake don't do hydro and expect to check it once a week and have it succeed! Takes real work and time!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
they've busted a few teachers here for what their spouses did in regards to cannabis. most kept their jobs when said spouse threw themselves into the meatgrinder of "justice" and swore to the judge that she "knew nothing about it". still, not a very career advancing move...

Get yourself a good integrated pest management plan, especially if setting up near a known spore factory.
I left powdery mildew behind after I started spraying weekly with aloe, potassium silicate and neem to about one third the way through flowering.
I second the small set up as a better idea, less smell, humidity and heat issues todeal with.
Good luck

Good advice but you forgot to mention the mites (Mites. Fucking mites) - Neem is what I used. Does aloe &/or pot sil help with getting rid of critters? Or that's for the PM?
Aloe would help neem stick to leaves I'd guess & aloe is good for plants.

STS9 I sure hope you completely clean & ensure that the warehouse is free of mites (Fucking MITES!)
Mildew is bad for humans & mites (BASTARDS!) are bad for plants.

A 'mate' gave me infected clones. Probably from eggs (I did look them over & assume I would've spotted one) They were persistent little mongrels & came back even after a heavy drenching of pyrethrum while in veg.

That was 3 years ago. Due to heat, I only grow 5-6 months of the year. After each grow I gave the tent & gear a thorough clean.
Must have missed a spot because they still came back last year. (Neem oil kept them in check) At the end of that grow I doused the entire tent with pyrethrum after a thorough clean.

Believe me, you will not be happy if you find mites (fucking mites! I hate the little buggers) on your girls.

2 x 600w? With a 400w, 2 grows of 3-4 plants (6-8 plants = 14-16oz) is enough for myself & a patient friend for the entire year. You'll have heaps of bud :woohoo:

What's wrong with hash? Don't waste your trim man, those strains sound tasty.
Butane extraction was starting to make me nervous (static from ones clothes can ignite it!) so I read up on the QWISO threads & now use alcohol to make hash from sugar leaf.
With commonsense it's very safe compared to butane.
Hash is perfect medicine in those times when I need a stronger dose :)

CoCoSativas

Don't get involved with buddies I've been ripped twice plus his joint sounds like a shithole.

Don't grow around concerned women who aren't your wife they get yappy. Make her your wife and she will let you do alot more and not say shit ever.

Maybe just use less light and space put her mind at risk you would have to be insane to get caught running a single 400 in a 3x3 tent. Like so sloppy yelling from your front door check this house I grow dope or leaving evidence all over the place in the open... so if you have to have it in your place do less light.

Lots of options think about them. put her first for a good relationship. I'm a "master of my grow" type grower and have to grow in my own place. I am laying in bed with only a wall separating me from my tent I live in a 2 bedroom apartment.

STS9

Not worried about my buddy being shady. Homies since high school. He is completely on the level. We are moving early next year and will have a basement when we do, then I'll blow it up and tell her to quit her yappin.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not worried about my buddy being shady. Homies since high school. He is completely on the level. We are moving early next year and will have a basement when we do, then I'll blow it up and tell her to quit her yappin.

Hope that plan works. Good luck!

CoCoSativas

Sounds like a good idea

bigdaddyc9

My wife is RN and trashed 300$ worth of clones on me.So now stuck paying 400$ a zip for nameless medicine and zero dabs.Im a chronic pain patient on 480mg of OxyContin daily.Its made me lose teeth and I am a chronic vomiter.I have Marinol script as well but that shit makes me too paranoid.I do not even leave my bedroom on that crap.I now realize why she was so paranoid and will save my genetics for a time when things will be better as far as illegalities.So I will have zero quality of life and pay 400$ an oz for it.I would rather grow 52 oz's at 1 ounce a week and anything left over or grown over 52oz's would be made into FECO to be give for free to any cancer patients in my general area.When I grew I grew trees and I am anal about my grows,keep journal etc etc etc.I can only deam of growing my won medicne.Top it off my best friend My St Bernard has lymphoma and is on FECO and chemo.Was in remission but is in relapse.Wish I lived somewhere common sense was used..like Oregon Colorado Alaska and DC

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
A friend of mine just retired from teaching elementary school. After 35 years she was a bit burned out. She used to get up at 4 am so she could smoke a bowl before work. She was a quality teacher but needed a little of the kind sometimes.
I vote with going with the friend,and keep a low profile.

STS9

I know quite a few teachers that partake. But actively teaching and having a grow in you house is high risk, after doing some thinking I decided doing it at the house where we currently live is not worth the risk.
On a side note, what are considered the most reliable 600/10002w digital ballasts on the market?
I was looking at some cheaper ones on Amazon and decided to see what you guys think first. Hortilux, Solistek, Phantom, there are so many, how do I decide? Also, what is a decent 4x8 tent that isn't $500??? I want a gorilla grow tent, but can't afford that right now.

$500 is expensive for a tent. My German made 4 x 6 cost $250 at the hydro store (4 x 8 was $300)

My 400/600w Solistek has run without problem for several years, if that's any help.

Hey BigDaddy. "480mg of oxycontin a day" is a shitload.
15 years ago I was given 2-3 years to live & figured why die in pain? I was on over 500mg of liquid morphine & ms-contin daily. This is seen as a failure on the Dr's part so they try to push long term opiate patients onto methadone (then you're treated by the system as a junkie) I'm now on around 100mg daily.
It's not good for one's liver. Try a course of fresh dandelion root powder for your liver & to boost your immune system.
Daily meditation has helped me & many others I know, with pain.

Man, I can take pain but nausea/vomiting has me wishing for death. Fresh ginger works very well for nausea.

Cancer in our pets is rampant & commonly caused by commercial pet food crap.
Read Dr Tom Lonsdales 'raw meaty bones' (sorry, don't know how to link) web-site.
My beautiful 50kg Rottweiler lived to almost 14yo. All he ate was raw meaty bones.

Here in my part of Aus, the authorities are loathe to bust patients with personal grows, despite it's illegality. Would your cops really give someone in your position a hard time for a personal grow? (although an oz per week would be a huge grow)

Hope things get better for you.