What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Resin Production Side by Side

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Hello all,
Recently I hav recieved two products from a well known and respected organic fert company. Most of us hav used some of their products over the years.These are both designed to increase plant vigor and trichome production.
At this time I hav only GrindHouse seed stock runnin so I hav selected 4 plants from two strains that are very similar phenotypes.

What I know about these products: R8 is a phosphite (PO3) not a phosphate (PS4) 0-20-26 with 1.0% soluble silica

I8 again is a phosphite (PO3) 02-04-06 with .25% soluble silica.

these are my test and controll gurls
Ultra Sonja 6 and 12 hav been sexeed in the flower room and are now in veg..

Mob Boss 4 and 5 Born on the 4th pre sexed and verified 12/12 0n 10-08-11

These products are to be sprayed in an alternating cycle..For those of you that are rocket surgeons (not Me) these products are intended to inhance/trigger the Kreb Cycle (sp?)

Stay tuned or tuned up
Pal

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Side by side of this verse purple maxx or Snowstorm ultra would be interesting.

northstate

ICMag Donor
The sprayed on seems to have liked it, looks like the unsprayed one is short some Mg. Great idea though thanks Paladin for testing these side by side with the same genes, makes it exciting and a real test that can be duplicated by whoever else wants take the time with PurpleMaxx or Snowstorm Ultra.NS

Grobot2010

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like the 4 test plants are each from different seeds. I'm not complaining or anything, but to be more conclusive in testing these two products side by side you should run clones of the same mother head to head, rather than similar phenotypes from seed (even if it is a "very stable/uniform strain" it would be tough to select equal/similar resin producing phenotypes at the initation of the test, since this is a late stage phenomenon).

Even when running clones side by side it is important to make sure that they are all roughly equal in quality (not all clones root to the same extent is my main concern here). Also with n = 1 in each test group, its difficult to nail down trends (I realize that you could say that n = 2 here for each product group, but you have two different strains and only 4 plants in the entire experiment). IMO, I'd say that n = 5 for each test group is probably as low as you would want to go before making any strong statements on product performance or decisions based on the trends that you observe for an n=2 side by side experiment.

If you do glean anything interesting from this round, I'd love to see you give this another go with 10 equally vigorous/rooted clones head to head (5 with product/treatment A and 5 with product/treatment B)! :)

Best of luck to you!

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
The sprayed on seems to have liked it, looks like the unsprayed one is short some Mg. Great idea though thanks Paladin for testing these side by side with the same genes, makes it exciting and a real test that can be duplicated by whoever else wants take the time with PurpleMaxx or Snowstorm Ultra.NS

Hey NS been slacking. Prob not a mg def perse. Both plants where on the same line of an ebb system. I do think fungus gnat had established a happy home in that pot. Sneaky little fuks

Hazeo

Veteran
Ah, quite interesting!
Lookin forward for your results!

Good work!

regards
Hazeo

northstate

ICMag Donor
They are little bastards. Not calling you out on it, just a little observation is all. Definitely excited about the side by side stuff so keep it rollin' paladin420.NS

señorsloth

Veteran
kinda looks like your ph may be a bit low...i could be wrong...but that second set of pics def showed a few unaccounted for variables...the bottom one is significantly less healthy than the top one which will affect trichomes regardless of additives...though they both look like they are dealing with a little too acidic soil...

you should give it another shot with identical clones and identical feeding schedules to eliminate those variables, (think i read you used similar pheno's but not identical clones all from one pheno?)also make sure you have them dialed in well, it's hard to make a convincing argument for either of the products you are testing if your plants are experiencing mal-nutrition throughout the experiment...