What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Professor P's Macro thread

marrdogg

Veteran
Damn you take beautiful shots man, you may think it's nothing but I know I couldn't get angles like that! Keep'em coming!

Q

quokka

I would like to see full plant pictures aswell. Would you be able to start a thread for those?

Thanks. :)

max 6699

good to see you here Dr.P, I feel lucky to be able to interact with you. Those shots are terrific, glad I stumbled onto this group. Been at Dynasty for awhile now. Got your Drizella going at this very moment. Are you planning any other threads? Maybe some of your fantastic plant shots.I have much respect for you, have had for a long time good to see you here~~

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's some major magnification there. You must be using some serious lighting to get that kind of DOF. Great work. Inspirational even...

I need to invest in a ring flash to go with my Canon 100mm. But you are on a whole nother level of macro.

More!

:tiphat:

professor p

Veteran
And you've got lot's more photos in those archives! GIVE em up!! lol ::

Bhahahaa.... Ok ok... Lemme see what I can dig up this weekend :)

Damn you take beautiful shots man, you may think it's nothing but I know I couldn't get angles like that! Keep'em coming!

:: many thanks Marrdogg!

I would like to see full plant pictures aswell. Would you be able to start a thread for those?

Thanks.
oh yes,.. Well, ATM I'm without a wideanlge lens and my macro setup is not the best for this application.. Soon I should have a wide angle lens and time to use it.

Absolutely stunning pics

Thank you growsjoe1!

good to see you here Dr.P, I feel lucky to be able to interact with you. Those shots are terrific, glad I stumbled onto this group. Been at Dynasty for awhile now. Got your Drizella going at this very moment. Are you planning any other threads? Maybe some of your fantastic plant shots.I have much respect for you, have had for a long time good to see you here~~

thank you for the kind words of inspiration.. and yea, I'll be working on a new lens capable of full plants shots soon my friend. Cheers!

That's some major magnification there. You must be using some serious lighting to get that kind of DOF. Great work. Inspirational even...

I need to invest in a ring flash to go with my Canon 100mm. But you are on a whole nother level of macro.

More!

hi Marlo. I have the canon 100mm IS macro and love it!!... I'd highly recommend the MT-24 EX macro flash and Kenko extension tunes to step up the macro game with that particular lens.

Lighting is very important.. Jut about as important as patience for the extreme close ups...

And now for a trichome rave ;)

picture.php

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi Marlo. I have the canon 100mm IS macro and love it!!... I'd highly recommend the MT-24 EX macro flash and Kenko extension tunes to step up the macro game with that particular lens.

Lighting is very important.. Jut about as important as patience for the extreme close ups...

Macro is a very expensive hobby...
I have some kenko tubes from when I used a Nikon d80. I wonder if i could trade em in for some Kenko's with a Canon mount.
I've looked at the MT-24 ex many times online, lol. One day, maybe. Until then, I'll sit right here and watch how the pros do it.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:faint: Holy Crystal Clear Macros Batman :faint:
:bigeye: Got to get another keyboard now as this one is now ruined from my jaw hitting it and all the drool oozing onto it :jawdrop:
Please keep up the incredible work Professor and of course sharing your stunning photos with us here @ ICMag :good:

professor p

Veteran
Incredible shots. You make me want to go buy a better camera, haha!
;)

Macro is a very expensive hobby...
I have some kenko tubes from when I used a Nikon d80. I wonder if i could trade em in for some Kenko's with a Canon mount.
I've looked at the MT-24 ex many times online, lol. One day, maybe. Until then, I'll sit right here and watch how the pros do it.

Hi Marlo, I found my MT-24EX on ebay for 50% of the retail. Also, sigma makes a more affordable ring flash that I uses for 3-4yeats on my nikon.. Yeah, it is certainly expensive and my wife wants to strangle me every time I get a new lens. Lol... Thats why I still don't own a wide angle lens. :)

Holy Crystal Clear Macros Batman

Got to get another keyboard now as this one is now ruined from my jaw hitting it and all the drool oozing onto it :jawdrop:
Please keep up the incredible work Professor and of course sharing your stunning photos with us here @ ICMag :good:
hahaha.. Thanks b00m!... The previous photo is Platinum GSC.

Cheers

max 6699

Dr.P actually I was unaware you were into photography, I have seen your work in ad's I presume those great shots at Dynasty are yours? You seem to really have this down,another talent you have~~

professor p

Veteran
Definitely some of the best pics I've seen..absolutely incredible prof p.
thank you for the kind words :tiphat:

Incredible pics, i wish i could have you photograph my garden!
thanks Huel! for cost of ticket, lodging, dinner ect you could buy a camera. Hahaha ;) jk

Dr.P actually I was unaware you were into photography, I have seen your work in ad's I presume those great shots at Dynasty are yours? You seem to really have this down,another talent you have~~
yes, all the shots for dynasty are my work (photos and grows). Thank you for the positive vibes brother!

Trichomes ripening up, as they near their peak potency :woohoo:
picture.php

professor p

Veteran
Lovin' Cup-Shishkaberry [genesis cut] x Ms.Universe #10) Dedicated to a good friend that passed away last fall... RIP Geoff

picture.php

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Damn brother P you can really work that bloody camera lens mate :good:
Those ripening trichromes are just incredible :yoinks:
:jawdrop: