What's new

What's the diff b/w Bubble Hash + Tumbled hash

ultranoob

What is the main difference between the bubble bag and cold water extraction method of hash, or the Tumbled trim method where the kief is pressed into hash? What is the difference in the hash, and why would someone choose one method over the other?

Last edited:
B

Bluebeard

Its much easier to get highest quality with a set of bubblebags but you can get higher yields with a tumbler. With a bubblebag set its graded automatically with the different sized screens. I actually prefer dry methods but I have a long series of different processing methods I go through. Another thing that water methods take advantage of is the fact that large resin glands sink while everything else floats until leaf get saturated then sinks. However you can put the dry resin powder in a glass of cold water stirring carefully and separate it that way. The main reason I like dry methods is because you throw away less but that's just me.

ultranoob

thanks for the input. I think I may buy a tumbler instead of a set of bubble bags. I'd rather have more; the quality of the bud people that take growing seriously have means that the hash will be better than anyone elses anyway.

Anyone else have thoughts?

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
Bubblehash is a way lot better than tumbler hash imo. As Bubbleman says "if it doesnt bubble its not worth the trouble" many ways of making the sacred hash but bubblebags can really do a good deed and makes a really nice smoke that will stick you to your chair for sure!

buckeye-leaf

comphashon

hey i would start by getting some silkscreen(120 mic or 120 mesh is close)and try hand screening first...its the same as a tumbler...but you have a little more control over product return...and its a cheap way to start....
as far as quality....it has nothing to do with tumblers,bags,screens....its all about the consistancy of your start material....cure your trim(not dry)and you will get the best hash from any meathod!!!!if you want the real bomb...try makin rosin!!!

c

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
The biggest difference, besides quality, will be flavor, some of the terpenoids (hope I'm using the right word, purple haze has me kinda woozy) or flavor and smells are water soluble, so dry skuff will have a bit more of the flavor you might get from smoking the bud. Not that water hash tastes bad by any means :D

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
ixnay007 said:
The biggest difference, besides quality, will be flavor, some of the terpenoids (hope I'm using the right word, purple haze has me kinda woozy) or flavor and smells are water soluble, so dry skuff will have a bit more of the flavor you might get from smoking the bud. Not that water hash tastes bad by any means :D

interesting.. AFAIK Purple Haze is a myth strain.

comphashon

thanks pure!!!...your name is as i like my products!!!!and rosin is one of the purest cannabis products i have ever consumed!!!!try it and you will c!!!
c

Butte

Veteran
I prefer dry sift since I'm lazy. Also, I can never do a run with b-bags without making a damn mess all over the kitchen. With the tumbler I built, I toss in a qp of trim and come back 20 minutes later to beautiful kief. If I want something purer (although my first pass kief bubbles just fine), I can purify it further with iso, bho, finer screens or many other methods.

This pile is from ~35 lbs of "rough trim":

...and this pile is from ~5 lbs of fine trim:

Each pile is ~ 8 ounces +/- 2 gr.

Here's a link to the thread on how I built my tumbler: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=27165.

Enjoy.

Latest posts

Latest posts