What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~ShutterBug~

Mr.Bill

Hashberry Cont.

Hashberry Cont.

picture.php

picture.php

And they sex. The ball on the node opposite of the one picture is the one I pinched off because it was half opened. At this point he was topped way back and put under 24/0 light schedule.
picture.php

Whats really awesome is that the blue labeled plant turned out male and the red labeled plant turned out female. I like to think I willed them to their gender. Maybe my third eye was just open really wide when it came to these. Ha!
picture.php

I don't have the female anymore, I gave her to a friend. I wanted the one with the testicles.
picture.php

It took roughly 4 1/2 weeks for them to declare sex under 12/12. I'll have a grapefruit diesel update and a mother plant update in the next couple of days. This will effectively end any updates on the hashberry for a while, a long while.​

Mr.Bill

Another week or so and we'll be hitting the half way point on the nightmare that is my Grapefruit Diesel plant. She's really starting to smell now and I'll do my best to describe it. When you open up the cab it smells musky sweet, like a bunch of fruit in a really warm room all day. When you get closer to the buds the smell is much sharper, but still kind of fruity musk smelling. When you rub the bud, and you start moving them oils it comes off as really sharp mostly fuely with a softer but unmistakable grapefruit smell undertones. That was probably a very terrible set of descriptors. Anyway a few photos.

I thought I got a full plant shot while she was out of the cab but I guess I got wrapped up in getting some macros. Next time I guess.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Mr.Bill

I didn't get pics of the mom plant, sorry, but she has two clones brewing, and has been taken off her regiment of PM treatments to see if she is infected or not. Its been 5 days so far and she still hasn't shown any indications of having it yet, but will probably be another 5 or so before I see any signs so the clock is still ticking. If she turns out to not have it then the hashberry male plant will be put down. If she is then I will just get a couple qwerkle and urkle plants to fill the gap. And flower the mom with the hb male.

Got some shots of the big girl to show today.

Still looking raggedy from the burns. Can't tell too much in this shot though. Can't quite get a whole plant shot either.
picture.php

Man the container is looking dirty, dried crusty stuffs from the pm treatments no doubt.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also did a final trim off the bottom to remove the last of the popcorn parts of the plant. And got .3 of some racey oil.
picture.php

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shes a bute man...awesome work.them stalks are brutal.
i like the scooby shot and i see you still got her on lock lol.
as always man the camera work is exquisite.
peace-T-

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Wow Mr. Bill, I just found this thread and read all the way through it... awesome grow! You've given me a few ideas to add to my cabinet, I really appreciate all the pictures! I can't wait to see how this plant turns out! :respect:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
great work dude, shes a looker for sho!!! Nice ball of oil too...Keep it up bro, Ill see u soon

Peace
- Z

Mr.Bill

Sorry guys it's been so long since I posted. I had to go to the E.R. and spend the night in the hospital for observation due to severe chest pains, best way I can describe it, it was like someone was sitting on my chest stabbing me with a little knife, it was non stop for hours before I decided enough was enough and went to the hospital. Any way for the most part though, I'm okay. Not really something I thought I would be going through at 30 but yah, that's life. I've had family coming through pretty regularly for the last couple of weeks, so not really any time for pictures, just keeping her maintained really.

Tonatiuh - Yah Scooby is a great watch dog. Yah still haven't taken that lock off there even now.

GrnMtnGrwr - Hey glad I could help

:-( - I'm trying man but this plant is fighting me tooth and nail.

Zeus - She's something man. A pain more than anything else :whistling:

---------------------------------

So here's how things been going. The PM treatments have been taking their toll on the plant. With every treatment the plant dies and burns up a little more, its worth it though, I broke a smaller branch off the plant while trying to get her back into the cab and dried it out, and there was zero mold inside the bud once I had it cracked open. So hopefully it should all be good. :smokeit:

The plant wont make it the 65 day time table she should have been on. 65 days would be the 19th of Feb. and I have it scheduled to be taken down on the Valentines Day(and that's really stretching it out). So only 5 days short(not too bad). She's just started flushing today, so she'll have 6 days with no nutes. I've also dropped the light schedule to 10/14 and from the 11th on with will be 8/16, to get it to mature as much as possible to compensate for the shorter schedule.

Some more bad news, my crazy cool mother plant showed signs of PM and was promptly thrown into flower with the Hashberry male I have. Hopefully they mix well. I'm sure I can find someone to test em out for me.

On that note I reached out and got a couple different strains for now. Not the urkle or querkle(no cuts of these will be ready for almost a month) but some good stuff all the same, first strain I got is OG x Northern Lights and the other is called Bubble Kush(Pine Tar Kush x Bubblegum). The Bubble Kush is some awesome smoke, so I might keep her around for a while. This run should finish end of May. I got a couple pics of the buds of the Bubble Kush I'll throw In here once I get them off the camera.

Here's some random shots, sorry there aren't many and no full plant shots. I'll get some more shots in the next few days, so you can really get an idea of where she's at.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

At this point some of the trichs are beginning to turn milky.
picture.php

picture.php

Getting some new calyx's popping out in places.
picture.php

picture.php

And where we are at now.
picture.php

picture.php

Getting there
picture.php

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
looking great bro despite the PM prob's...sorry to hear aboot ur chest issues, I get that some times as well, dont know what it is!!! Drinkin alot of water seems to help though....Ummm...HashberryxGFDeisel sounds good to me bro, Ill test those for ya!!!lol

Stay well, and get at me one of these days...Peace

- Z

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
frostin up real nice yo.
lookin forward to them whole plant shots yo,i bet shes off the ringer.
peace-T-

Mr.Bill

Z~Thanks man, yeah the seeds will actually be (Godberry x Grapefruit) x Hashberry

T~ sorry man for making you wait.

cre8iv fuel~ Sorry again man for making everyone wait. And don't worry man I wouldn't leave you hanging forever. And if your planning on following this thread to the end your going to be hanging for a good while. I plan on using this thread for at least the rest of 2010.

----------------------------------------

Well folks, lots and lots have been going on. Where to start.

Okay so the Grapefruit Diesel plant, finished successfully. All the seeds that were in it were sterile(not sure if it was from the PM treatments or sterile by nature). Not one made it to maturity, which is most excellent, none even pop when you smoke em. woo hoo on that note. The final dry weight 107.5 grams, 5 grams short of a QP. Not great, but not bad considering the crazy amount of crap this poor plant went through. Also I have broken up several larger buds and there are zero signs of PM anywhere on the buds(which almost surprises me as the buds are super dense). Another big woo hoo on that. Also made 4.7 grams of hash oil (already smoked a gram of that) And wow is it ever good. I have a bunch of shots to put up of everything, but some of the finished pictures are still on the camera so I'll have to put the rest that I don't have up a little later.

Moving on. The cabinet has been sterilized three times with 30% bleach solution, and ran the temp in the cab. at 92* for seven days. Painted the box another flavor of white, still need to paint it again with mold resistant paint. All equipment was wiped down with 30% bleach solution or soaked in a 30% solution depending on weather the components allowed. My circulatory fans are being replaced, have a 12" wall mounted fan and two corner fans on order and should be here within the week. If I get mold again in the cab I will have to get rid of it and pick up a tent until such time as I can construct a new cab. Crossing fingers that doesn't happen.

Now the clones, well I'm really busted up about it but the Bubble Kush clones didn't make it, my fault, unplugged the lamp to them and didn't notice until they were dead. Oops. Anyway got a couple replacements. Have a OG Kush cut, I can't remember right this moment which cut it is, I'll get back to you on that, and a very nice cut of Hindu Kush which I very much look forward to.

The flowering seed plants are putting along just fine, no pics, they are under one 23w 6500k light with minimal attention given.

That's about everything I think. If I forget anything I'll put it up in the next post.

You guys wanna see some pics. Me too.

----------------------------------------------------
These pics cover the last almost two weeks. Oh and I'm not sure about if the colors are quite right as my monitor colors got jacked up, so if they seem obviously off, please, please, please tell me. Bear in mind though that the pictures are taken in different settings and different conditions.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And finally a whole plant shot
picture.php

picture.php

The thing just hangs out of the cab, that's why it's so hard to get full plant shots.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
was wonderin when you was gonna hit us with a crazy big update yo,good sho maing.
she looks like she took a while to trim but was well worth the work.nice lookin flush too bro,gotta love when ya see that.always shinin over here with the skills :respect: to you brotha.
peace-T-

Mr.Bill

Harvest time. Sorry I already started taking her down by the time I got to the pics. I started with the smaller stuff first and left the main colas, I had already started on the large colas when this shot was taken, so everything still on the this shot are main colas, f.y.i. there were 25 tops in total.

picture.php

Almost done
picture.php

Once I got all the buds off the plant, trimmed and hung to dry I treated the buds with a PM treatment. I added a dehumidifier for the first 24 hr to ensure that bud rot would not be an issue from the added moisture.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The aftermath
picture.php

Making some oil buddy
picture.php

picture.php

The rest of the oil shots will have to wait until next post
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And one last shot of the base. Sorry already garbage disposaled the roots. Well thats it until I get the rest of the pics off the camera, all that's left are the dry shots, and the rest of the oil pics.
picture.php

Mr.Bill

Yah T Life you know, gets in the way sometimes. I didn't mean to neglect my thread. It took me a few hours to get it all done. Hey I'm just happy it all turned out so well, no seeds near maturity, no PM, total success in my books. Thanks for the kudos man, specially since we all know you be killing it Rambo style.

cre8iv fuel

Word up Shudda brudda! Those Trychs are in full effect, and yeah a QP doesn't seem bad , especially considering the saga.
Tonatiuh, can you please forgive and bear with an ignorant noob and explain the "nice flush"? How can you tell from the pics he flushed well? Sorry if thats a dumb question, just trying to get where you guys are at.

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Hey Mr B...she finished off real nice brotha...bet she smells amazzzzing!!! Glad to see ur keepin busy and growin strong bro...give me a shout one of these daze!!!Peace

- Z

Latest posts

Latest posts