in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Ace Seeds > Repuk indoor (first ACE) run

Thread Title Search
Click for Ace Seeds
Repuk indoor (first ACE) run Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2018, 02:02 PM #1
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud of
Repuk indoor (first ACE) run

I thought about running all (big) ACE tent on its own thread, ACE gear more than deserves it

Setup
DR120 Tent 1,2m x1,2m x2m

Love and DIY has gone to this tent, lightning is all DIY but for a regulable (200-475W) Gavita digital ballast + gavita bulb 400W HPS: a COB setup at 170W using 4x Crees CXA3070, a 240W HML (to be deployed) and a Screw In LEDs (SILs) hood at 199W.

Scrubber/Extraction: Can-Lite 600 + RVK Systemair Sileo 125E2-L 341 m³/h (200CFM), Monkey Oscillating Fan, passive intraction (active comes next).

While 200CFM is the advised extraction by Secret Jardin for this tent, I found that until fully populated with big plants it is too much, so I added a TRIAC based speed regulator ($10) and lowered it to 50% speed.

The Grower
I love to experiment, learn and share.

I grow for myself, so quality comes first, then comes efficiency (gpw).

Heaps of tolerance, so potency for me is part of the quality.

Growing Method on this run
Trying to emulate Blynx and Terpene growing styles: flat canopies with SILs grids for optimal overlapping of light intensity. Crunch tie n' bend for canopy shaping.

IMHO, is the most efficient growing method; as I already had other light sources, I will be comparing them to learn.

Feeding / Growing Medium
I grow in coco (bagged Canna), Canna A+B, PHing down with 60% nitric acid; I think it's the best option for coco for medium hardness water, not seeing carbonate salts deposits anymore on pot rims.

I usually hand-feed on the first vegging stages, playing with wet/dry stages after potting, hooking the blumats a week prior the flip to flower so that they bulk up. I keep them trough all the flowering stage.

But... I'm running my first DTW here, and this tent will switch to full-salts regime once its reservoir runs out: Hakaphos Basis 4 / Yara Calcinit as base regime with MKP / SOP as variables, possibly some "organic" help (humic/fulvic acids).

Using 7L (2gal) pots this run, but Kali China, which has a 11L (3gal) pot. Will stick to 7L or 5L pots next run, as there's no need for big pots using DTW.

Did I say I love to experiment? I'm a relentless perfectionist I'm afraid...

Absolem and Commodore 64 (c64) have been my references, still learning to formulate my salt mixes.

I feed 6 times a day for 5 minutes, around 300cc to each pot each time. I'll keep EC around 0.9-1.

16mm line, 6mm distribution tubing and 3,5L regulable drippers.

See full details

ACE Indoor Lineup
Today finally all plants showed sex:

2x Nep Jams
Kali China
Thai-Chi
Zamaldelica #1
Guawi

Vegging:
Malawi fem
Panama fem
Violeta reg

Finally today sex on both Zams was clear. The smaller one throws in fact rather long pistils, I'm loving Zam so unique structure, will try taking a clone to run it outdoors also. Male will be culled.

Both Nep Jams are girls, #1 having grown to about 40% the size of the #2, which was a monster in veg and is flowering very fast.

#2 reacted great to crush n bend for an horizontal canopy… #1 is a smaller plant which didn't respond that well; it's bent top remains the larger plant part.

Both have a rather funky burnt-rubber scent when rubbing their stems.

Similar situation with Guawi vs Thai-Chi, Guawi reacted great with multiple strong tops, while Thai-Chi reaction wasn't that good.

Both Malawi and Panama are vigorously vegging, along with a LST'd reg Violeta. Malawi will require LST soon as it has overgrown the veg tent.

Kali China is way behind in flowering compared to the rest, will inspect it closely tomorrow.
Will be taking the girls out for an under the sun inspection tomorrow, taking pics under natural light.

Last edited by repuk; 04-26-2018 at 12:38 PM..
repuk is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:19 PM #2
Kaskadian

Kaskadian is a splendid one to beholdKaskadian is a splendid one to beholdKaskadian is a splendid one to beholdKaskadian is a splendid one to beholdKaskadian is a splendid one to beholdKaskadian is a splendid one to beholdKaskadian is a splendid one to beholdKaskadian is a splendid one to beholdKaskadian is a splendid one to beholdKaskadian is a splendid one to beholdKaskadian is a splendid one to behold
Let me just pull up my chair really quick here Mr. Repuk! I'll be front and center for the show. Great grower, great genetics, and great setup. Should be one hell of a show my friend.

Glad to have another coco grower 'round these parts!

2018-2019 Indoors: Baked Beanz Malawi x Black Lime/Malawi
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....97#post8403797

2018 Indoors: Female Seeds Chem OG Coco Grow
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352668

2018 Indoors: ACE Purple Haze x Honduras (Landrace Sativa) Coco Grow
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=8176377

2017 Outdoors (45N) Bogglegum, Blue Moon Rocks, and Lifesaver.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=342429
Kaskadian is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:00 PM #3
jonhova

jonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the roughjonhova is a jewel in the rough
Coco ftw
jonhova is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2018, 05:11 PM #4
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
Repuk, DWD and Syd will be a good source of information if you have any questions. My Guawi was massive. I wouldn't wait to long to flower. I don't know much about deep water culture. I'm going to be studying during this grow. Peace brother
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2018, 08:36 PM #5
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

repuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud ofrepuk has much to be proud of
Thanks Kaskadian! I'm afraid the grower needs still to improve on several areas

Jonhova: I love coco, you can almost "see" plants growing when everything is dialed in. Tempted though to try DWC on a single-plant drum on the small tent in the future... I cannot stay put .

Farmerlion: not doing DWC, just coco in pots, with automatic fertigation (6 times per day), Drain To Waste (little). My Guawi (loovely lady!) is still in check, I have crushed/tied n' trained her, got a dozen main tops, heaps of vertical headroom still, this is week 2-3 flowering for her. Guess most stretch is coming on next two weeks?

I will be cleaning and re-filling the reservoir with full salts tomorrow, will take each of the girls out for training and will snap a pic of each while under the sun.
repuk is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2018, 03:12 PM #6
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

Wasn't able to tender the girls this morning, just a quick check, and glad I did...

First lesson learnt when mixing different light sources... the couple girls under the HPS (Guawi and Thai-Chi) had their pots almost bone dry .

I hand watered them to restore optimal moisture levels, and opened the regulable dripping valves to compensate by increasing flow.

Rest of the girls under the COB or SIL had perfect moisture levels pots. Another pro when using LEDs... easier to keep moisture and temp levels stable. Hence, pot size can be smaller when using DTW, 7L (2gal) pots seem to be an ideal volume in my situation, 5L possibly too.

Hot weather seems to be kicking in, lowered the HPS to 275W (I set it to 400W previously so that it doubled as heat source).

Stretch kicked-in, really noticeable on all girls, it seems Kali China is finally taking off. Really noticeable also on Nep Jam #2 and Guawi.

Reservoir was almost out this morning, I poured 60/40 rain/tap (75L/20gal added of 100L/26gal total) and added 1ml of nitric acid a couple hours ago for PH to stabilize, gonna mix all the salts next and adjust PH afterwards.

Last edited by repuk; 04-24-2018 at 03:24 PM..
repuk is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2018, 03:56 PM #7
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of lightSamuel Caldwell is a glorious beacon of light
Nice journal, great details! I'll be following along.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:07 PM #8
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

Thanks Samuel! I also post to have everything logged (you know, memory and cannabis...) for my own future reviewing.

So for my own sake, and also to properly share, I'd better be specific with attention to detail Welcome aboard!

Fertigation Plan
New reservoir with 100% salts done, I will follow c64's fertigation plan for starters:

Stock Solution
Usually 100gr of each salt are dissolved in 1L of RO or destilated water, creating a 10% stock solution. Then you dose it by measuring ml's per each 10L of reservoir water, knowing that 1ml will contain 0.1gr of the salt, 10ml=1gr, 100ml=10gr... and so on; easy for mental calculation.

Stock solutions are used as any other nutes based on A+B bottles. This table assumes the use of 10% stock solutions.

Water
My tap water is EC 0.4, carbonate hardness around 6 dKh. Stocked on rain water for now. Will get a RO unit next, to use tap or well water. Thinking on setting up a big tank to collect RO, but also researching about the viability of setting up an "organic treatment" using several "chained" tanks and appropiate microorganisms.

Feeding
Want to prevent stretch as much as possible, so went straight to the latest generative growth regime: 15 ml Calcinit / 25 ml Hakaphos per each 10L of water.

My res is 100L, so I would have needed 150ml/250ml; or 15/25gr Calcinit/Hakaphos overall for 100L.

As I'll be doing 100L (26gal) reservoirs, I will be weighting the salts each time, this was 18.75/11.25gr Hakaphos/Calcinit (calculated for the additional 75L I refilled). Doesn't take much more than a spoon of each...

EC (knew it before actually measuring to recheck, as we know exactly the salt weight we're adding) is 0.9. NPK 3 - 4 - 8 , 1 - 1.2 - 2.4 ratio prior to factor in the nitric acid.

Used about 2ml of nitric acid, wanted a lowish PH, 5.5-5.6 to compensate for rising PH in the medium, and for better P/K intake.

Will recheck PH and EC after some hours, EC should be close to 1.1-1.2 after the last PH adjustment.

Last edited by repuk; 04-25-2018 at 11:01 AM..
repuk is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2018, 06:36 PM #9
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
Repuk, my blood pressure went up thinking about all that weighing measuring and timers. I doubt it's as much work as my mind just imagined. I will be checking this out for sure. Please explain the what and the why's so I can understand and learn your system. Peace brother
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2018, 11:20 AM #10
repuk
Altruistic Hazeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerlion View Post
Repuk, my blood pressure went up thinking about all that weighing measuring and timers. I doubt it's as much work as my mind just imagined. I will be checking this out for sure. Please explain the what and the why's so I can understand and learn your system. Peace brother
Heheh, it may look cumbersome but in the day to day is like any other method. It may look more complex than it is because I'm detailing everything as much as I can for my own (or others) learning etc.

I love coco because it has the same advantages in tendering as growing in pots with soil, with the advantages of an hydroponic medium. When dialed in, growth speed is antonishing, with enhanced aroma/flavour and yield.

System is the same as pots with soil (re-pot etc), difference being all nutes are delivered when watering (fertigation).

When using high quality salts the only difference is you have to make a proper regime plan on your own; from that onwards you'll know exactly what's in the reservoir (Canna, GHE, etc use these same kind of salts to "brew" their nute recipes and sell them).

When using salts costs in nutes are drastically cutoff too... we're talking about 25kg sacks which cost between 25-40€ each; 25Kg is enough to make around 1000 100L reservoirs, so the cost per res is cents...

Once you have your calculations, making a reservoir just takes:

- Pour a known volume of water into reservoir
- Calculate and weight salts or measure stock solutions and dissolve them in the res
- PH-

done.

Then you can feed by watering from such reservoir: either by hand, using blumats, or an automated dripping system: it's up to the grower to choose what suits him better.

DTW, i.e. water (fertigate) with frequent drips letting the runoff go to waste provides several advantages specially if coupled with low EC:

- Prevents salt buildup
- Brings oxygen to the roots regularly
- As long as the plant has a well developed root-ball, it will direct its energy on budding as it won't need to devote any to the roots (we're basically spoon-feeding them).
- Easy to automate with a reservoir, pump and (reliable!) timer

To keep the nutes in good condition inside the reservoir all that is needed is using a second pump or a wave-maker like device (small motor with a propeller) inside the reservoir (a trash bin) to recirculate constantly keeping everything well dissolved.

Last edited by repuk; 05-04-2018 at 01:20 PM..
repuk is offline Quote