What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

General Gardening

G

Here's a Armenian cuke i found growing yesterday. check out the spikes. There's a lot more coming too!

G

I have just the chilli's and cacti under plastic at the moment but i will be checking here for inspiration!

Last edited:

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
I would absolutely love a general gardening forum, and I've advocated for one in the past two or three threads like this one. It usually ends up coming down to "This is for cannabis, go somewhere else for vegetables." which really baffles me.

There are no other forums with a community or features like this one for gardening, and I have no doubt this would be a better resource than any of them after a couple months time. The mindset and knowledge of the people here are unrivaled at any of the other boards I've ever seen. There is such a willingness to learn and share here, and that's what makes it such a great place.

I'm really happy to see that there are a lot more people speaking up this time though, maybe it'll end up a little differently. I sure as hell hope so, that would get me much more interested in gardening. As soon as it decided to stay warm here I'm hoping to plant some peppers and tomatoes this year.

Last edited:

mrgrowmez

I think this is a great idea....now i can grow vicariously through all of you!...I dont have any room for my own veggies, but i cant wait for my girlfriends grandpas harvest!!!yum blueberries!!!!!!

for now anyway this is the only herb ive got room for......

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Wheeeee!

My broccoli, rapini and cauliflower have all sprooted in der Jiffy cubeses.........

Gonna go out today and do a bunch more work, putting in mache and spinch, and prepping my herb bed..

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Garden gets planted with onion and potato this weekend! Lots of other vegies get planted up in flats! Its time! :woohoo:

Hi All,

I have another beginner question for yall. I have some habanero seeds that I want to germinate. Can I use the paper towel method to germinate these?

Thanks

G

You can use the paper towel method to germinate any seeds, or at least smaller seeds. Its giving them constant moisture... give them a bit of light heat too.

Thanks Indicad.

Can some one help me with my sweet basil? Does basil hate to have it's foliage watered? Also, I planted a six pack of basil plants closely together, like in a bunch. Should I have planted them a few inches apart instead to let them spread?

Thanks

kurlyq2g

Has anyone here ever seen two squash merge into one?

They got too close together and melded with each other....

I bet you it's twice as tasty! (lol)

kurlyq2g

Freaky mutant squash

Freaky mutant squash

Here is one of my crookneck yellow squash 7 days ago.
It grew too close to the noe next to it and melded with it. :woohoo: :chin: :yummy: :yoinks:
12810Mikes_Camera3_176.jpg

12810Mikes_Camera3_177.jpg

this was 7 days ago
12810Mikes_Camera3_178.jpg

This is NOW(chopped 10 minutes ago)

12810PICT0002.JPG

12810PICT0004.JPG

12810PICT0005.JPG

12810PICT0008.JPG

12810PICT0013.JPG

12810PICT0014.JPG

JJDubz

looks great, i love yellow zucc - question is, why are the flowers still on there!? Eat those things mang! fry up a bit of garlic and shallots in butter and olive oil, put it on high then add the flowers, fry em up crispy salt...mmmm good.

Stonerguy

I have like 4 diff variaties of tommatoes, 6 diff peppers, 3 watermellon , 2 hops clones on the way, tobbacco seeds on the way, and hopefully some more ethnos that can stand my outdoor climate. In total 36 plants not including mj... waiting for some more ideas on what to grow also.

I found a awsome website that gives out free seed/ cuttings of a large amounts of plants. The selection is unbelivable really

Its a .gov website but its the USDA... Ill break the link anyways so copy and past and take out the space.

http://www. ars-grin.gov/npgs/orders.html

Last edited:

hunt4genetics

Veteran
Bongasaurus,
I agree,
I think a general gardening forum would be a great idea.
Back in the day, I used to love the general gardening forum over at Overgrow.

peace,
h4g

qwerty

I am interested in doing some general gardening as well. But I have no idea what I want to plant yet! However, I am prepping.