What's new

Taskenti

Carraxe

Veteran
I've pollinated a hybrid kush with these males. This female I pollinated is a productive plant, strong in effect and in taste, not an easy one. I've made several crosses with Taskenti and all of them were way worse than the original. Let's see that one and hope for the best.

This is a view of the pollinated flowers

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP5847.JPG Views:	0 Size:	186.4 KB ID:	17984756
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMGP5843.JPG Views:	0 Size:	168.1 KB ID:	17984757

Sweet smokes

Stash

I still have Taskenti seeds but updated and shared and kept pure. Got them from Cannabiogen before they were crossed to NL. Stash

Carraxe

Veteran
I still have Taskenti seeds but updated and shared and kept pure. Got them from Cannabiogen before they were crossed to NL. Stash

The guys in the seedbank (specifically Kaiki) told several times that the first step in creating the strain was to cross it with a NL to create genetic diversity and strength and then they started selecting back to the hashplant feno. So you have seeds of something different to the Taskenti strain they made, then these seeds could be from the strain from Uzbekistan they used.

What do you mean with "updated" seeds?

Have you grown these seeds? Are they still OK? The best generation in their strain was in 2008, seeds from long before would be difficult to sprout. It would be nice to know how they are. I've grown several generations of their strain and some of them were very wild. I didn't find the faintest NL in any of them

Please keep us informed, and don't wait to grow them!

Stash

when I got these seeds they were named taskenti but mine are not crossesi. I updated them by making F2's from my F1's, I have many of the old strains, most are updated but still pure and viable kept in a fridge. Stash

Carraxe

Veteran
when I got these seeds they were named taskenti but mine are not crossesi. I updated them by making F2's from my F1's, I have many of the old strains, most are updated but still pure and viable kept in a fridge. Stash

If these seeds you have come from a local strain from before Kaiki made the Taskenti strain, maybe "Taskenti" isn't the most precise label for the strain. Do you plan to grow these seeds again? Are there pictures from your grow? How they were in effect and flavor?

Stash

My seeds came from Kaiki many years ago. I did place pic's on this site but not sure how to find any more. I don't know if I can ever grow them again. I have over 100 old strains. Stash

Carraxe

Veteran
My seeds came from Kaiki many years ago. I did place pic's on this site but not sure how to find any more. I don't know if I can ever grow them again. I have over 100 old strains. Stash

I wouldn't say it is an old strain, its production and strength make it a very modern strain from my point of view. Much better than any indica landrace I know. Anyway it would be nice if you gave them a go. I keep growing plants from the old repros (Taskenti 2005, 2013...) but last month I couldn't sprout any from the 2008 F2. They are too old.

Don't let your special strains to get old and dry

Stash

Time has taken it's toll on me but I my try to grow Aloha White Widow or Dutch Flowers Lemon Thai both are top strains. Stash

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
nice having ya around Stash….some good gear that Taskenti….

also ohso’s AITR has some top shelf indica’s to select from……

best in health amigo…!
ganj on…

lookin’ south from Nepenthe’s Big Sur

Attachments

• 701E3BF4-3CB0-4AC1-B9FF-8355D47CF12F.jpeg
    701E3BF4-3CB0-4AC1-B9FF-8355D47CF12F.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 74

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
looks killer. great work a period.

how is it doing in crosses? did you make some with sativa?

keep it up.

Carraxe

Veteran
looks killer. great work a period.

how is it doing in crosses? did you make some with sativa?

keep it up.

Thanks for your opinion. I've crossed her with different indicas to keep the effect, and I've found some nice crosses, but none as good as the original plant. I keep crossing and testing.

Some years ago I pollinated my Jack Herer with some Taskenti pollen. Some weeks ago I found the seeds in the fridge and planted them, so I have now some plants growing. I think they'll be ready to flower in about a month. I don't expect much, but I'm curious about the smells and tastes of these flowers. Let's see what happens. This is the only cross I made with a sativa, but I believe that there can be some interest in these crosses

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
thats interesting, as I wonder why cannabiogen didnt make some crosses with it, as it was their indica flagship for years.. they made crosses with pck, peyote or deep chunk. but no cross with taskenti or am I wrong?

with jack it sound interesting, good luck and let us know the results.

Carraxe

Veteran
thats interesting, as I wonder why cannabiogen didnt make some crosses with it, as it was their indica flagship for years.. they made crosses with pck, peyote or deep chunk. but no cross with taskenti or am I wrong?

with jack it sound interesting, good luck and let us know the results.

I believe you are right, they didn't sell any crosses made with Taskenti, but I bet they made a lot and after testing they were discarded. Nothing compares to the original

Carraxe

Veteran
This is the lower part of the female I pollinated with the Taskenti males more than seven weeks ago. I believe the seeds are fully mature, so I harvested her this morning. This female comes from a quite strong and resinous kush plant I selected from a wide Dinafem seeds run and I believe there can be a nice match with the Taskenti, because this one's got a quite strong taste and smell. Let's see about the effect, I'll try to plant them as soon as possible, but it can take a couple of months for the seeds to be ready.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2102066.jpg Views:	6 Size:	125.3 KB ID:	18039874
Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2102068.jpg Views:	4 Size:	135.1 KB ID:	18039876

​Sweet smokes

Attachments

• image_2102067.jpg
    image_2102067.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image_2102069.jpg
    image_2102069.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
I believe you are right, they didn't sell any crosses made with Taskenti, but I bet they made a lot and after testing they were discarded. Nothing compares to the original
I crossed it to skunk VA chem 91, I reckon it rock your boat. Everyone who smokes it, goes to sleep like they've just been anaesthetised

Latest posts

Latest posts