What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will my plants flower

I recently changed my plants from 24/0 under T5 fixtures to 17/7 under 600 watt LED I don't want them to start flowering just don't want to keep that light on 24/0. Will they keep vegging in this cycle?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I remember using 17/7, it worked well for the most part. Well, there was one strain that would develop preflowers so large I though it would finish right there in veg. It didn't, and really took off when it finally hit the bud room.
16/8 is where some strains started having problems, although most were fine.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like 16/8 for starting seeds for outdoors.
Otherwise 17/7 seems as if it will work nicely.
I've only seen a couple varieties that would preflowe, as described by Phaeton, with 16 hours of light but it went away w 17 or 18 hrs (can't recall).

I need to start doing the 16/8 for outdoors when we used to buy clones from some guy who had them under 24/0 the clones would always start to flower outdoors even in June.

Were they receiving full light? Iv planted outdoors near a tree and because of the shade from the tree the ladies started flowering early.

Latest posts

Latest posts