What's new

Fastest strains for north of 50 latitude ???

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Trying serious 6 this year but I don't think it will be fast enough We had a frost last night and another warning tonight.
Thanks for sharing everyone.
Cheers GG

I had a couple done around middle of Sept 49th latitude.

The rest are early Oct. If that helps any. You might find one with some hunting and be able to run from clone, but yeah.. it's always nice to be able to harvest all the plants you put out to their potential.

This is why I'm doing the black out next year. Plus stuff bred for the indoors tends to be better than the stuff bred for nothern outdoor climates.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
serious 6 will auto flower from clone, its a good one at 45n i really dont like the smell and taste but some love it

This is helpful as I do not know. Thanks.

I also do not like the smell or taste. It reminds me of Think Different. But it is better than Think Different in that regard. A little more sweet and a little less of that nasty undertone.

I think it's Timewarp x AK47. Think Different is an AK hybrid. Some people do like the smell/taste. A bit subjective. I also have seen pink pistils on other Timewarp hybrids.

rykus

The strain "sea level" around BC is very sativa leaning, very sweet smelling and finishes very early(sept1-15th) at around 50th is good to mix with a later one too like timewarp, pineberry,ect... of the common clone OD's I've seen.

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
I forgot man, my cousin keep rockin his clone of "Smooth Smoke" at 48N ready mid, 3rd of september. With little to no mold in worst season! She's a true resin factory!

gorilla ganja

Thanks for the info misterD. Have you tried any of beanhoarders crosses outdoors. The freeze crosses look interesting for sure, But can't find much info on them.
Cheers GG

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
That same man, can't find anything! He breed for year's .. I really don't understand why he pass under my radar too! lol

I gonna have any other choice to order something my self! But so far i just read good report about his gear's, and freezeland is just true race horse.

gorilla ganja

Thanks to everyone for sharing. I was hoping for more response. Even from the responses most are around 45 latitude and that can be at least a month difference in harvest from 50+latitude. Come on Northern growers share the best strains and where they can be bought.
Peace GG

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
I don't know if that been said, but you should really look at hybrid from hell. It's are almost all breed for 50+ lat!

Good quest.

rykus

Sea level, August 15-sept 10th Sea Warp, sept 1-20th Egmont(3leaf) sept1st-20th Pineberry Sept10th-20th Timeberry, Sept 15th-oct1st Timewarp sept15th-oct10th BlueberryHP , oct1-15th

Cut times reflect light/feed/planting times/root space, and most of the earlier strains will rot in cold and rain... So best to run 2+ strains and. Cut over a month or more. You dry/cold or rain as far as cut date?

rykus

If your fighting early frost dates all my nothern friends say shade gardens or auto flower X's, I know in the 90's in the Yukon the got pure Ruderalis and X'ed with WWxNL, would do a range of pheno's between super early R. Looking stuff to later nicer ones more like WWxNL.

There are some nice BC R. Strains like MightyMite that although older make killer early crosses with giant tops.

gorilla ganja

I don't know if that been said, but you should really look at hybrid from hell. It's are almost all breed for 50+ lat!

Good quest.

I've been checking HFH out. Going to order some for next year for sure.

Sea level, August 15-sept 10th Sea Warp, sept 1-20th Egmont(3leaf) sept1st-20th Pineberry Sept10th-20th Timeberry, Sept 15th-oct1st Timewarp sept15th-oct10th BlueberryHP , oct1-15th

Cut times reflect light/feed/planting times/root space, and most of the earlier strains will rot in cold and rain... So best to run 2+ strains and. Cut over a month or more. You dry/cold or rain as far as cut date?

Rykus , have you personally tried these strains outdoors and if so what latitude are you at? I was checking out Sea level last night and the reviews are all over the place. Some say bad for mold. Where do you get those strains from?
My weather around harvest can be very different. But in general I would say fairly dry ( meaning not much rain) but cold so dew in the morning and early frost mid September some years.
Cheers GG

rykus

Those are the main outdoor cuts in the vancouver/gulf island area, but there are seeds of them all now too. The sea level I saw was a bushy sativa leaved, lime green plant that grew large sweet smelling flowers, way lighter than the indica based stuff, but yield was good, and super frosty.It is mould prone, but finishes very fast and early. Get it planted early and good sized and it will finish before the bad weather. Always a good idea to do a couple strains. Every time we did more of one than the others it would rain or be dew-y and you usually appreciate the later or earlier you didn't count on....

I had a bunch of 3Bx sea level , but can't find them for the life of me. I recommend it though!

gorilla ganja

Thank you for your input rykus. I appreciate you sharing and everyone else that has an opinion on this topic.
Peace GG

CoCoSativas

I'm on a quest for a fast finishing outdoor strains for my area, 53 degrees north. I would like to find sativa, sativa dominate strains if possible that are not auto's. This yr. I tried 6 different strains and although I did not expect some to finish I will be lucky if any will finish properly before frost. So I am looking for first hand outdoor experience with strains that finish by mid September.
Although I prefer sativa any strains that finish by mid September will be helpful. Please post your latitude, strain, and breeder if possible.
I will be posting this also in the outdoor section but I thought I would try my Canadian brothers and sisters first.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Peace GG

Texada time warp. Best there is outdoor, especially sativa! There's ways to get that cut its not too hard I gave one up earlier this year.

A buddy grows skunk outside but I had some really nice outdoor blueberry 3 years ago I'd say was really awesome so that would be one I'd consider but I'm not a outdoor grower. Maybe one day, though I'd rather a greenhouse

TheOutlawTree

I just recieved 5 packs of Freezeland x C99 from beanhoarder and have another 5 packs on the way as we speak :)

Looking to find a piney freezeland male to do some of my own breeding with blue dream, sour diesel, and many other's.

There is a local strain here in california called purple trainwreck that is done around september 1st here at 38n. It would probably make a nice early cross with freezeland :)

I am originally from the northeast 45n so i still cherish the early finisher's. It's very nice to have a staggered harvest and it's surprising there is not many early sept strains available that are bred in california.