What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tales of a Budtender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all, been reading this thread and it has inspired me! I just got my first job as a bud tender, any advice to make my first time transition a little more mellow?

Congrats on the new job, best I can tell you is have a positive attitude and learn as much as you can.....good luck

Floridian

Veteran
I have to admit every post here is a mindblowing experience to me.I just cant believe after 45 years of feeling like there must be something wrong up there in the loft folks are living an experience that exonerates my madness.Having a dispensary open a mile from my home is like a weird and I mean weird weird dream.An actual occurance.Unfortunately down here people or lawmakers are still hung up on the THC or pleasurable aspect of the change.It's brand new though and liable to change after baldy loses his government post as top dog.You folks have to excuse me my brain is slightly pickled because I can't imbibe and haven't since November because of a super dumbass decision.My time is gonna come soon

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay it's spring time and people get jonesing to grow, I get it but to not have researched ANYTHING about growing seems so crazy to me. I can't imagine some of the finished product these guys grow.
This lady came in yesterday, mid 50's so she's been around awhile, asks me(and I kid you not her exact words!)so male plants grow penis's? I really don't know how I keep a straight face but I said no, they grow balls not penis hehehe I tried to explain a little about it but it's hard in the few minutes you have to help them.
Getting new floors the next few days so everything is all wanky and moved around so it's going to be fun lol nottttt
Peace and puffs (I'm going to need lots of both today lol)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting close to going rec here in January, should be a hoot! The town of Weed is allowing 2 dispensaries, it’s about time....get to sell weed in Weed! I’m hoping we can keep up with the demand and not run out like Nevada.
The tax thing is going to suck, sounds like both medical and rec are going to paying a shit-ton in taxes, we will see it changes from month to month ....we were hoping to have a year to get rid of our bulk and go to pre packaged but it looks like July now....
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.... got our tickets and room for the Emerald Cup in December, super stoked about that...get to see old friends again, BOG’s, Swerve, Mosca, GanjaRebel and a lot of people that vend at our shop!
Peace and puffs

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Okay it's spring time and people get jonesing to grow, I get it but to not have researched ANYTHING about growing seems so crazy to me. I can't imagine some of the finished product these guys grow.
This lady came in yesterday, mid 50's so she's been around awhile, asks me(and I kid you not her exact words!)so male plants grow penis's?
This is what I hear from most new growers, and yes it's quite distressing.

"Ok... I've jumped from the plane and I'm at 15,000 feet and falling. Instructor, what do I need to know next about parachuting?" Or worse, "Hey Bob, what did that guy say we needed for parachuting again?" (at 15k feet and falling)

I feel for you. :)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was a fun day, I took my picture with my first rec customer, it wasn’t as busy as I thought it would be but are pretty we are pretty small town.
Everyone that came in was really excited to be able to purchase what they wanted ...

We have 5$ grams that are $6.13 out the door so it’s still not too expensive....it’s going to be a great year....getting ready to open the the new shop in Weed.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's gonna sadden a lot of doctors writing recommendations for med cards right???

Your right S4L, you will have to go to your primary doctor but what if you don’t go to a doctor on a regular basis like me, not sure what will happen there.....

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
It was a fun day, I took my picture with my first rec customer, it wasn’t as busy as I thought it would be but are pretty we are pretty small town.
Everyone that came in was really excited to be able to purchase what they wanted ...

We have 5$ grams that are $6.13 out the door so it’s still not too expensive....it’s going to be a great year....getting ready to open the the new shop in Weed.

how much are your most expensive 1/8ths there?

KONY

Veteran
I was looking at one of the online menus for the biggest shop in Vancouver WA last night. Was surprised to still see 30-35$ 8ths on the menu. Granted most were less.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how much are your most expensive 1/8ths there?

We have caviar (similar to moonrocks) indoor buds at $30 a gram, and the outdoor is $20 with the new taxing it’s about $115 for the indoor 1/8th and $70 or so for the outdoor out the door....I haven’t sold an 1/8th yet at the new price but it’s close to that

Indoor flower is $12 a gram and the outdoor has 2 prices at $5 and $8 and then add 22% tax!

Lots of older ppl looking for CBD products helping with arthritis and all those aches and pains you get when you get older or have had major trauma to their body...

If your manager was smart you'd carry some of that hay weed for cheap, aa long as it has a but of flavor and you can get it for 800 or less. And yes that's what it will take for growers to realize the bud has to be dank to fetch a good price. I think most growers can't even smell or taste.

Open a cooking shelf and sell Magi Butter machines, cuz i know no one is buying those edibles anyway (they don't work when made from Cannabinoid distillate put in a gummy bear, but always seem to work in a homemade butter, not sure how much of that is dependent on the carrier, and how much of that is the source material, but dispensary edibles never ever, ever ever work.)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know you don't set the prices Mrs. B., but holy moly, that's some expensive weed!

I know Bud, it’s crazy I agree but some ppl have money to burn (pun intended ) lol

I made it thru the first week of rec, it was interesting if nothing else...a lot of ppl that have never used it and wants to try it for the first time...very trippy
And there’s the ones that really get upset when they see the tax that is involved, it really is different after being just medical for years and now to have anyone come in is great.
Having edibles going from 1000 mg to 100 mg isn’t sitting well with some people, there might be some home made edibles being made at home lol

Status
Not open for further replies.