What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED-Hydro Veggie/Herb Garden

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
Just wanted to show you all a little bit of what I have going on...

First, my LED Bar is 150 watt (40" x 4") with 50-3 watt LED's. Small intake fan on one end and on the other end, another fan sucking air out. Does not get hot at all. Can touch it and plants can grow into it with no problems...

This is the break down of the colors:

50% 660nm deep red
10% 630nm red
10% 600nm orange
10% 3500K warm white
20% 460nm blue

It seems to be quite efficient growing from seedling to bloom. I have grown under it at all stages in a plants life.

The guy I bought it from does quite well growing medical marijuana with it. In fact, he has about 6 or 7 of them over his plants.

Enough about the light (besides the fact I wanna buy another one). ;) I have jalapeno peppers in DWC. I have lettuce in DWC. Soon I will have several small ebb & flow systems set up growing basil, possibly some oregano and rosemary as well.

Here are the latest pics I have. You can see the peppers, lettuce and a small basil plant (in dirt). The jalapeno's have been providing peppers for about a month and a half. I also just had some lettuce the other day for the first time on a cheeseburger, delicious !!!

I am currently cloning basil, peppers and tomatoes. I plan on planting some rosemary and oregano seeds and adding to the garden as I can.

Come along for the ride :wave:

Neo 420

Veteran
Is everything clones? I am interested in starting a veg garden also but with hps and flo's...

GP73LPC

Veteran
no, not clones. the peppers were purchased as seedlings and converted from soil to hydro. Basil and Lettuce were grown from seed.

but...

here's a pic of the few clones I have going at the moment...

Dcam6570m.jpg

GP73LPC

Veteran
Ta Da !!!! :dance013:

Got roots on both jalapeno's, both basil's and one tomato clone so far... 5 out of 6 and counting !!!

Dcam6572.jpg

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
love the updates

I had some veggies under LED before, and got a 4 foot tomato plant in a solo cup.. got many many clones off that plant.. I had to have it lean aginst the wall it was to heavy for the pot..

enough on me. can I ask what light that is? I love LED, I have a lumigrow, kessil, GLH.. always looking to add more to the experimenting

keep it up, love the pics!!

GP73LPC

Veteran
love the updates

I had some veggies under LED before, and got a 4 foot tomato plant in a solo cup.. got many many clones off that plant.. I had to have it lean aginst the wall it was to heavy for the pot..

enough on me. can I ask what light that is? I love LED, I have a lumigrow, kessil, GLH.. always looking to add more to the experimenting

keep it up, love the pics!!

hey thanks habeeb,
the light is a WEX-C150, comes in full spectrum like i have, and a far left more geared towards flowering... it's made in china and imported by a guy in cali. i paid $450 for mine and i believe they are still selling for that price, i would have to check...

in the future i plan on running an 18 plant, DWC SOG. If each plant produces just 7 grams, that is 126 grams or .84 gpw. That's about what i used to get out of two 150 watt HPS bulbs. So this LED Bar is equivalant in production to 300 watts of HPS without the heat. :dance013: I was told it could produce on that level and after growing these veggies, i don't doubt it's potential...

If I had another light (which i want ;) ) i could produce a conservatively estimated 9 ozs...

Another member here owns one. hopefully he joins the discussion and gives his opinion on the array.

here is a thread he just started...

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=215239

Beautiful!! How long for the sprout?

thanks, 5 days !!!

LetsSeeYa

Got here just in time...................

Got here just in time...................

Wow i saw your other pic's, but looks like you have expanded your veggy assortment:dance013:. I really like the DWC and thought about trying it, thought it might be easier? But first i would have to figure out how she even works, lol. I have an idea and thought i might try and make one out of this cloner i havent used yet. Just a thought though as plants grow so fast and healthy in them. Yours sure do thats for sure!

I have some tomato seeds, did you germ your seeds under the LED? My light is farther then i was told to hang it, but im in a tent with no venting at all. Like you had said ''no heat'', i luv them, but i am working on some kind of venting for the health of the plants. I came up a bit short with the indoor fund and the vent had to wait, but it was coming into winter and temps stayed at around a high of 85 so the grow was not bothered by any heat.

Great grow ya got my friend, i will sure be watching this show:tiphat:

LSY

GP73LPC

Veteran
LSY,
thanks and you can pick up a PC fan and put a DC adapter on it and you're set... maybe $15-20. a 80-100 cfm pc fan could vent your tent with no problems...

here's what's happening...

my pepper clones have not yet taken root, i was mistaken. saw some white on each rockwool cube and thought they were roots, they weren't :(

oh well, 3 out of 6 so far, 2 basils and a tomato plant... below is a basil in a new ebb and flow unit i created.

Dcam6574.jpg

Dcam6575.jpg

Dcam6579.jpg

the DWC lettuce is going NUTS !!!

Dcam6583.jpg

LetsSeeYa

Great grow my friend and nice pic's too. How far from your plant do you hang your light? I am thinking mine is to far away, but not sure. I just have slower growth then i should have, but not to much stretch at all. I just need to speed things up here.

LSY

GP73LPC

Veteran
i keep my light about 6-10 inches away. some seedlings are probably 12" or more away. stretching doesn't seem to be an issue and the peppers have very tight node spacing. and this led bar puts out no heat so the plants could grow into it without burning ;)

i think you should move yours as low as possible, just make sure you have full coverage to the edges of your garden.

LetsSeeYa

I am in a tent and temps are between 84 and 90 degrees, but the plants have been fine with them. I do open the tent through out the day. But man my lights are 3' away i would bet. Looks like i need to get them closer and maybe my last grow would have been better, but i had someone else hang them. I will have a friend come by today i hope to lower them if their not to busy.

Thanks so much.......

LSY

GP73LPC

Veteran
interesting tidbit on the LED bar i use.

this basil plant is 18 inches from the light and outside the edge of the light by 9 inches. it's quite obvious the light is reaching this point as it is causing the plant to lean to the light.

also, i am still impressed with this light and how it's full spectrum can do seedlings, clones, vegging and flowering...

this was a week ago, check it out :wave: one tomato plant is now outside as it grew to about 8 inches tall under the LED

Dcam6587.jpg

and tonight

Dcam6594.jpg

Dcam6595.jpg

LetsSeeYa

Wow great grow. I am going to put veggy's in the tent after i flower these. I love tomato's and fresh one's only. Cant beat a good BLT!

LSY

GP73LPC

Veteran
thanks LSY,
i am inching closer and closer to buying another full spectrum LED bar ;)

i really like this thing :good:

GP73LPC

Veteran
here's the latest...

one pepper plant is tiny, but still has 3 peppers. the larger pepper plant is flowering and producing peppers quite nicely. the pics don't show it, but it has about 12-15 peppers on it. it has provided about a dozen or so peppers already in addition to what it currently has...

the lettuce is very stretchy and spindly as compared to the same plant growing outside. however, the production of the hydro lettuce is much, much greater than it's outdoor counter parts...

basil and tomato plants love the LED too... :good:

Dcam6596.jpg

Dcam6597.jpg

LetsSeeYa

You got it GP, i like mine too. When you get the other light your stuff will grow even faster. But i sure would like the hydro. My temps are about 90 as a high in my tent, but its more of keeping them watered thats helping. I ran short of any venting, but i could never use HID lighting in there, the tent. I open it during the day, but getting ready to flip to 12/12 i hope today. I just dont have a screen so i probably will not be doing a scrog. Sucks to be so broke i cant buy screen, lol. But i guess thats just how it goes, but maybe next time around.

Keep er green, im watching so keep me updated.

LSY

GP73LPC

Veteran
You got it GP, i like mine too. When you get the other light your stuff will grow even faster. But i sure would like the hydro. My temps are about 90 as a high in my tent, but its more of keeping them watered thats helping. I ran short of any venting, but i could never use HID lighting in there, the tent. I open it during the day, but getting ready to flip to 12/12 i hope today. I just dont have a screen so i probably will not be doing a scrog. Sucks to be so broke i cant buy screen, lol. But i guess thats just how it goes, but maybe next time around.

Keep er green, im watching so keep me updated.

LSY

you can use string tied to a little wooden from or something. any spare string and wood laying around? pvc pipe?

you probably have something you could use for a scrog.

good luck

LetsSeeYa

you can use string tied to a little wooden from or something. any spare string and wood laying around? pvc pipe?

you probably have something you could use for a scrog.

good luck

Oh your so right about that and i do have twine and string, but for the life of me, i cant figure out what to attach it to. I even thought about a branch off a tree that i could bend into somewhat of a circle and then put string over and under notches in the branch. Sounds dumb as hell, but its the only thing i can come up with and not even sure how i would attach it so it would rise as the plant grows.

I might be making more of it then i should and maybe if i had just one plant going under the screen it might be less intimidating. And maybe il just do what i said with a branch with one plant and let the others grow out. Its just that some look great, but not all sexed yet. I am running 24/0 which i really dont like and sexing would have been declared by now in 18/6.

Well i just took pics so i guess il put them in that thread i started. Not sure why, its not getting to much traffic, but iv done little to make anyone keep up with it.

LSY

Latest posts

Latest posts