What's new

Freakshow (fern leaf strain) by shapeshifter/humboldt seed company

Thesearch

Update on their ig

Freakshow Friday! Seed available starting tomorrow @theemeraldcup and through hundreds of our retailers thereafter... Originally created by Shapeshifter, we've been tasked with propagating and further stabilizing the seed, so we made a shitload 💚 🎪🤪Dispensaries and distributors wishing to carry the Freakshow seeds should immediately contact us through our website! Link in bio.... We're honored to be a part of one of the most unique cannabis phenotype phenomena's to ever grace our community! We take breeding cannabis very seriously, being a very prominent seed company that's actually been located in Humboldt County for over 20 years, we've come to understand how much good seed means to you. We've put our heart and soul into this company, cannabis, social and environmental justice have been our life's work and we're so stoked to see all your beautiful faces tomorrow at the cup... we worked really really hard to get there and even harder to breed the best we could, all because we love you! 👊🏽🤘✌🏿#FreakshowStrain Video by @erik.nugshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-13-16-35-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-13-16-35-37.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 85

budsicles

Handles rain like a champ and doesn't look like cannabis.
This variety is going to kill it in blackmarket outdoor grows.

J-Icky

It’s honestly probably a mutation that has shown itself in the past, maybe 1:10000 plants, but in the past it would be culled by people thinking it was diseased or just a worthless runt.

I have a feeling with wide spread legalization and the current abundance of flower we will see more and more interesting mutations bred into their own lines.

I mean when people were only growing a basement or room full of plants they wanted every plant to be as perfect as could be and didn’t have the space or desire to keep things like this. But now that it’s being grown by the warehouse or field openly it’s possible to pull those mutants aside and play with them in a small room or closet to see what can be done with them.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
It’s honestly probably a mutation that has shown itself in the past, maybe 1:10000 plants, but in the past it would be culled by people thinking it was diseased or just a worthless runt.

I have a feeling with wide spread legalization and the current abundance of flower we will see more and more interesting mutations bred into their own lines.

I mean when people were only growing a basement or room full of plants they wanted every plant to be as perfect as could be and didn’t have the space or desire to keep things like this. But now that it’s being grown by the warehouse or field openly it’s possible to pull those mutants aside and play with them in a small room or closet to see what can be done with them.
100% yeah that. It's only a matter of time until people are breeding ornamental marijuana just like every other kind of plant. I personally can't wait for somebody to grow big bush sized plants, then trim them into artistic shapes like in Edward Scissorhands.
edward-1.jpg

TheDarkStorm

Iv seen stuff like this before but the plants are usually killed off before going to far...although this looks like the mutation has been taken/bred to the extreme... well done for opening new doors and ideas for people...

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Two more distinct leaf phenotype varieties I know of:

Dragonfly Earth Medicine has a Gnome Papaya Ruffle Plant from Oregon

CSI: Humboldt is working with a breeder from Australia on Australian Bastard Cannabis variety. Caleb mentioned the recessive leaf trait not showing up until F2 in ABC Girl Scout Cookie and Triangle Kush hybrids.

Thesearch

Two more distinct leaf phenotype varieties I know of:

Dragonfly Earth Medicine has a Gnome Papaya Ruffle Plant from Oregon

CSI: Humboldt is working with a breeder from Australia on Australian Bastard Cannabis variety. Caleb mentioned the recessive leaf trait not showing up until F2 in ABC Girl Scout Cookie and Triangle Kush hybrids.

Must be a recessive trait. It works like that breeding for autoflowers; your first cross with a photoperiod plant is basically all just photoperiod. I was disappointed when I learned this but it taught me a lot about breeding very quickly. That's really cool, didn't know about the CSI:Humboldt work with ABC.

I posted a bunch of pictures of Ruffle Plant and the little info I had on it but feel free to add more to the story.

Thesearch

They're non-feminized too, bless.
Thank you all for doing that. Looking forward to see your grows if we're so lucky!

E

ESTERCHASER

cannabis has LOTS of relatives in the genus.......grafting is a thing.....
200 dollar lmao!