What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dumpster

sqwirl

I haven't heard much about this strain mentioned on icmag, so I decided I would throw up some pictures.

I'm on my last nugs of Dumpster for a while. I'll be missing smoking this one. I do have a plant that is about to go into budding in about 2 weeks. So it will be at least 3 months till I get some Dumpster again.

I might have Chumpster, I don't really know. All I know is that I like the Dumpster I have. This strain was brought to my state in 1998 if memory serves correct. I'll talk to the hippies I got it from and get some more details.

The circle I recieved this strain from actually lost it (due to various reasons in multiple grow rooms). I had a hard time cloning it for a while and then I heard they lost the strain. My cloning picked up and they where overwhelmed with happiness to get the strain back.

When I take a hit of this stuff I get somewhat of a racey feeling. It gets my heart pumping a bit (not recommend for those with weak hearts). The taste stays on the palate, from deep within. It lingers on the palate for a few minutes as I feel like I'm getting stoned through my blood stream.

So heres some pictures of what I'm smoking on. It has been curing since the middle of March.

Feel free to throw up some Dumpster pictures if you have them. I'll try to get some pictures of my dumpster plant in vegging if I get the time.

Lucid

sqwirl, thanks for the writeup and pics.... im always intrested in strain info, history and lineage...... thanks for adding to the community... k+

i cant belive some guy from some serious dank in the trash ... great read...

it doesnt smell like a dumpster does it ?:D

sqwirl

Well Lucid I wouldn't say it smells like it came from a dumpster. It has a hard to describe smell to me, not one that I feel I have zeroed in on enough to describe. My best would be to say that it smells and tastes like Smarties candies skunk. I don't feel like I hit the nail on the head :bashhead: with that description, but thats the best I can do at the moment. The smell translates to taste very well. And I would have to say it is a nice clear headed, do stuff high. Well heres some pictures of my dumpster about 2weeks from flowering.

Old Soul

Veteran
My buddy was going to college in Ohio back in 1999-2000. He brought a couple bags back one time and one of the strains was Dumpster. I had never even heard of it before but man was it some good smoke. It was definitely a heavy indica with a heavy skunky/dumpster like smell. The taste was unlike any strain I have tried to this day. The only way to describe the taste is that it is exactly like what I would imagine taking a big bite out of some stinky garbage would taste like. Beautiful plants man!

Peace

Old Soul

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Hey man I have smoked this about five different times. And i know it was "the dump" cuz once you smoke "the dump" you never forget the taste/smell/look of it! And after 5 years of searching i think i have finally found someone (a friend of a friend) who is willing to provide some clones for me. I hope to god it works out.

yeah im also curious of where she got her genetics from , i had some stuff that wasn't called "Dumster" but dump, maybe a close relative of your ladies?Her nuggs were supper dense but they didn't break down 2 much.. It seriously looked like it had more Trichs then budds. Like bridges of crystals. Can't wait 2 see'em budd! best of wishes 2 yah..
much love +karma

bluebublelove

had a buddy from atl who popped in down here with some dumpster last early in march and I really enjoyed the smoke...reminded me of a batch of green crack I once had.

guineapig

Veteran
Squirl i have a smoke report on the Dumpster and based on the plant we know as the dumpster it looks very very similar to your pics and description......

We have a theory that "Dumpster" is actually a super-crystally phenotype of White Rhino that some guy popped a seed from and then propagated the heck out of it......

The Dumpster i have experienced is slow to root, taking a good 2-3 weeks to root.....also, it is prone to the formation of wispy white mold because the interiors of the big buds are so dense.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

Last edited:

sqwirl

I'm glad everybody's stopped by and left some comments. bluebublelove I have some green crack about to flower at the same time as my next Dumpster, so I'll hopefully be able to see the similarities your talking about.
:smoke:
Not sure that I can see Dumpster being a pheno of White Rhino, but you never know... This Dumpster is definitly super-crystally, dense as everything, and does take forever to root. I'm glad to hear that others are having slow rooting problems also, I thought it was just me and this strain not getting along.

I've finished all the Dumpster buds I had to smoke :puppydoge . I'm definitly looking forward to putting this mother into budding in about a week. It's gonna be far to long before I get to smoke this flavor again.

I would love to hear what everbody has to say, so if you have any comments feel free to post them.

Last edited:
smurfin'herb said:
So how about this! Some douche (pronounced dooosh as in doooshbag) that i was finally supposed to get dumpster clones from, relays the word back to me that he wants 60 freakin bucks per clone(or somewhere around that)

I've seen some OG/Bubba Kush clones here in Cali selling for $100+ EACH. I dont know who the fuck pays those prices, but someone is because they sell like crazy.

S4vvy

smurfin'herb said:
So how about this! Some douche (pronounced dooosh as in doooshbag) that i was finally supposed to get dumpster clones from, relays the word back to me that he wants 60 freakin bucks per clone(or somewhere around that)! Now im sorry but i have never seen a cut go for that high, nor a seed in that matter! This guy must think since he has co2 and knows how to grow that hes some kind of pro and that he can charge out the ass for his cuts. I have looked for this cut for five years and once i find it, the guy who has it i guess doesnt respect other people who choose to also preserve great genetics! I mean how hard is it to take a clone c'mon. Thats some backbreaking work to snip,dip, and plant a tiny branch off a plant, at least 60 dollars worth of labor, I THINK NOT, BUT THIS DOUCHE SEEMS TO THINK SO. Some people just see money when they grow, if you grow like that, you will never have the best crop. You may have more weight but you will lack in quality! So if your out there mr. well then f#ck you and go osu bucks!!

60 bucks for a rare cut that you all seem to think is impressive, not to mention one you've looked for 5 years? Where's the downside? :confused:

sqwirl

S4vvy, the only down side I can think of is the legitimacy of the cut. I've paid $50 for many cuts that ended up being complete fakes. Then I've been kicked some for free or even $15-20 and gotten the real deals.

I'm thinkin most the time people are chargin high prices for clones they don't even have the real one. There are Greedy money grubbers, imo.

True potheads and cannasuers (word just taken from H&L's post) usually do things to further the community and are not as greedy as others, so you'll be more likely to get a real cut from them and pay way less. imo

:joint: :rasta: :joint: :rasta: :joint: :rasta: :joint: :rasta: :joint: :rasta:
I've been missing the dumpster in my stash jars. I can't wait until my next dumpster harvest and I can smoke the flavor again.

I am jonesing so bad for this flavor in my bong again that I sat for a while last night taking pictures of the Dumpster plant that is 38days into flowering.

Damn I love variety, and I've been missing the uniqueness of this Dumpster. It's unique in everyway, don't have any other strain even close to it. It's smell, taste, growth characteristics and everything else are extremely unique imo.

G

if i was looking for something for 5 years and somebody told me they wanted 60 a cut, i'd do it. just grow the shit out of it, send clones around to friends, make crosses, get your money's worth. i've found some people's number one concern is the money and for others, its seeing genetics in as many enthusiast's hands as possible so that the strain will be preserved.

i've given away cuts that i could have easily charged large sums of money for, but thats not how i go about doing things personally. money is bullshit to me, its all about the pleasures in life and sharing them with good people.

let me know if you need that dumpster tested out sqwirl, lol. shit looks dank brother!

G

High&Lonesome said:
i've found some people's number one concern is the money and for others, its seeing genetics in as many enthusiast's hands as possible so that the strain will be preserved.

Too true H&L and well said... its hard to find authentic people like this but they are out there :yes: Who would want to ruin such nice genetics...

Last edited:
Dumpster was rampant in my parts this past month! Much like you described sqwirl, with the sweet tart kinda smell taste....to me its like a citrus sweet tart/ cotton candy or something.

As for it possibly being related to white rhino...I can buy into that as this dumpster is comming from a white rhino source.

NOW FOR THE SKEPTISISM. I've had this dumpster for three prior harvest( fall 05, spring 07, and summer 07) and the first two were nothing special at all. Buds were wet and premature.

Also I have grown out middi bagseed that smells exactly like it soooo who is fooling who? Well actually those were the best middies I've smoked so who knows!!
Hopefully its the real deal...maybe i could get a clone of both WR and Dumpster when I get my cab dialed in.(strictly micro personal only)

Latest posts

Latest posts