Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Landraces > greek landrace strains

Thread Title Search
Post Reply
greek landrace strains Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2008, 10:29 AM #1
zerozero
Member

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 50
zerozero is on a distinguished road
greek landrace strains

Does any one know of any strains that have greek landrace genetics?, as im a medicinal grower for my wife who has MS, she is greek ,and im of the belief some of the strains she was used to in greece, would be a good starter for my eventual plans, to breed a strain specifically for her symptoms.
been trying for a while to track down some seeds from the legendary kalamata strain but to no avail,
it seems since she left greece her home town is flooded with albanian weed which doesnt come near the kalamata and cretan strains she was used too, of course we have friends over there tryin to locate some, but if any one knows where i might find some please let me know.
zerozero is offline Quote


Old 04-27-2010, 07:22 PM #2
osoloco69
Banned

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Humboldt County, CA
Posts: 238
osoloco69 is on a distinguished road
I have some greek friends and they say that all greek weed is either dutch genes, or seeds from imported hash. They say that anything "greek" is more than likely hash seed that was inbred. They partied on Mykonos not too long ago, and said that almost everything they saw was dutch strains.
osoloco69 is offline Quote


Old 06-12-2010, 11:44 AM #3
HashMonkey1982
Mr Bean Ladin

HashMonkey1982's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: subtropics
Posts: 82
HashMonkey1982 is on a distinguished road
yeah i'm keen to track down a traditional Cretan strain given the history of growing on the island in the past and still in the present but on a much smaller scale now. Crete is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Rugged mountains, gorges, rivers, villages and beautiful beaches. I really want to know what they used to grow on crete. I'm guessing they were somewhat similar to turkish plants.
HashMonkey1982 is offline Quote


Old 06-12-2010, 12:26 PM #4
elmanito
Guest

Posts: n/a
Well, i had some last year growing in the garden.What is told me that the genes were red Lebanese & Highland Thai.

Namaste

Last edited by elmanito; 10-29-2010 at 08:54 AM..
Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:42 PM #5
Moppel
Grower for Life

Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,920
Moppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to beholdMoppel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmanito View Post
Well, i had some last year growing in the garden.What is told me that the genes were red Lebanese & Highland Thai.


you grew a lot of nice landraces man, respect.

I smoked pot from crete when i was there for a short holiday in 2001. Stuff wasnt very good, very green and not very resinous, but offcourse i was just a tourist there.
__________________
It's good to be good.....it's nice to be nice....

Moppel is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:17 PM #6
luciano28
Member

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 40N
Posts: 686
luciano28 has a spectacular aura aboutluciano28 has a spectacular aura aboutluciano28 has a spectacular aura aboutluciano28 has a spectacular aura about
I been searching for Kalamata myself. A friend of mine who went home to Greece for vacation smuggled a small amount of "Kalamata"(couple joints worth) back with him and I gotta say it was some of the best sativa I have ever smoked. The taste and smell were tainted by the fabric softener sheets he used to wrap it, but the high was very very strong. True one or two hit quitter stuff. I wish he didnt wrap it in those fabric sheets because if I ever do find it again, I wont be able to ID it probably. But Im glad he took the risk so I could try that weed. He was very proud of it coming from Greece.
__________________
luciano28 is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:16 PM #7
dubindam36
Newbie

dubindam36's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 26
dubindam36 is on a distinguished road
the quality of greek weed based mostly on climate and ground conditions.also in some really organic tricks that the growers were using,and not only this.in the past years,very important for a special quality weed was the personal contact between the grower and the plants
the best region is in south greece.Personaly, i smoked a lot of different qualities from all over greece in the past years.no matter if it was indica or sativa,the best was always from the mountains of pelloponisos.amazing taste ,extremely tripy ,with a duration more than 3.30hours.
unfortunately these qualities they exist only for a few growers that cultivating for personal use small amount of plants.the only way to smoke this weed is, if you have for a friend one of these growers.in the market is impossible and even if they try to sell it like greek weed from peloponisos, don't believe them.last time that i smoked original high quality greek weed was in 2003....
the last years i am living in amsterdam and i am smoking only hashish.the reason is that because of my standards the weed here is so artificial that i can't accept it
dubindam36 is offline Quote


3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:55 PM #8
Rinse
Member

Rinse's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 980
Rinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubindam36 View Post
the quality of greek weed based mostly on climate and ground conditions.also in some really organic tricks that the growers were using,and not only this.in the past years,very important for a special quality weed was the personal contact between the grower and the plants
the best region is in south greece.Personaly, i smoked a lot of different qualities from all over greece in the past years.no matter if it was indica or sativa,the best was always from the mountains of pelloponisos.amazing taste ,extremely tripy ,with a duration more than 3.30hours.
unfortunately these qualities they exist only for a few growers that cultivating for personal use small amount of plants.the only way to smoke this weed is, if you have for a friend one of these growers.in the market is impossible and even if they try to sell it like greek weed from peloponisos, don't believe them.last time that i smoked original high quality greek weed was in 2003....
the last years i am living in amsterdam and i am smoking only hashish.the reason is that because of my standards the weed here is so artificial that i can't accept it
Good post k+
I was in greece a few months ago and found some pretty clean skunk, nice stuff, no legendary landrace though.
Ive heard storys about kalamata red I realy wana try that stuff!!
__________________

Rinse is offline Quote


Old 10-29-2010, 02:19 AM #9
Rinse
Member

Rinse's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 980
Rinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really niceRinse is just really nice
Bump
__________________

Rinse is offline Quote


Old 10-29-2010, 08:58 AM #10
elmanito
Guest

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinse View Post
Good post k+
I was in greece a few months ago and found some pretty clean skunk, nice stuff, no legendary landrace though.
Ive heard storys about kalamata red I realy wana try that stuff!!
Kalamata strain has Colombian genes from what i've read about it in a thread on icmag.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....light=kalamata

Namaste
Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:53 AM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.