Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Concentrates > Hashish > Why wooden spoons?

Thread Title Search
Why wooden spoons? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2013, 02:28 AM #1
OMGWTFBBQ420

OMGWTFBBQ420 is on a distinguished road
Why wooden spoons?

I couldn't really find a reasoning anywhere.. but everyone uses wooden spoons for mixing. Is there a reason for using wooden? Maybe I'm over thinking things, but has anyone tried metal? I figure it would be easier to clean..
OMGWTFBBQ420 is offline Quote

Old 11-07-2013, 02:58 AM #2
azad
Buzkashi

azad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud of
metal changes the taste, wooden or plastic spoons are best.

Ask the Humming bird about the significance of the flowers.
what would a Vulture know about their significance who feeds on the dead..

https://youtu.be/dqGdWoW-GT8
If wisdom were offered me on the one condition that I should keep it shut away and not divulge it to anyone, I should reject it. There is no enjoying the possession of anything valuable unless one has someone to share it with.
Seneca
azad is offline Quote

Old 11-07-2013, 04:26 AM #3
DrySiftWizard
Banned

DrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by azad View Post
metal changes the taste, wooden or plastic spoons are best.
How would using a stainless spoon change anything?

It's water and herb.
DrySiftWizard is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:40 AM #4
Green Supreme
Banned

Green Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud of
Many metal spoons will have sharper edges, which can chop material during vigorous stirring. Wooden spoons have blunt edges. Peace GS
Green Supreme is offline Quote

Old 11-07-2013, 06:08 AM #5
DrySiftWizard
Banned

DrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really niceDrySiftWizard is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Supreme View Post
Many metal spoons will have sharper edges, which can chop material during vigorous stirring. Wooden spoons have blunt edges. Peace GS
But how would that change the taste?

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:25 AM #6
Green Supreme
Banned

Green Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud ofGreen Supreme has much to be proud of
Question was, why a wood spoon? Peace GS

Old 11-07-2013, 06:39 PM #7
DrySiftWizard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Supreme View Post
Question was, why a wood spoon? Peace GS
So then answer his question.

Are you implying that hash will turn out differently because of what you use to mix?

Wood spoon? Hockey stick? Stainless mixer? Pvc pipe?

Uhh, no. It won't.

OP, use whatever is around that's clean dude, lol.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:43 PM #8
Green Supreme
Banned

You are such a joke dude. Refer to post 4. Peace GS

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:58 PM #9
Green Supreme
Banned

"Why would a spoon with slightly more blunt edges matter one iota when dealing with buckets of ice and water with wet trim?|

This from the fellow who said, his method did not move material on the screen, only to reveal the exact opposite.

Still have not taken the time to watch those 2 videos in my thread yet huh. Ya yer a joke. All puffed up and angry. Such a fool out loud. You kept talking about taste like you thought it was me that posted. Perhaps that is the case, you thought it was me so you freaked, too funny. Keep talkin ,it makes me laugh. Peace GS

Old 11-07-2013, 06:58 PM #10
azad
Buzkashi

azad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud ofazad has much to be proud of
its been observed in blind taste tests.
Its the same reason ceramic knives are now used for meat and fish. Also caviar should not be eaten with a stainless steel spoon. some people are more sensitive to the taste other not so. different metal coatings leave a different taste. bitter like, the way this thread is going.

Ask the Humming bird about the significance of the flowers.
what would a Vulture know about their significance who feeds on the dead..

https://youtu.be/dqGdWoW-GT8
If wisdom were offered me on the one condition that I should keep it shut away and not divulge it to anyone, I should reject it. There is no enjoying the possession of anything valuable unless one has someone to share it with.
Seneca
azad is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.