What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Brown leaf tips

Queso45

I started another thread for issues with my clones, but I also think I have a nanner issue with my flowering Northern Lights. I'm not sure if you would have preferred for me to keep everything in one thread or not... but anyway, here's pictures of my Northern Lights plant that I believe is growing nanners.

I was planning on giving this plant one more feeding after tomorrow. Flush beginning next week. I'm also going to be out of town so a cannasitter will be taking care of them.

Should I cut these off? Should I worry? Are they even nanners?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
ya, those are small nanners alright, the vast majority of nanners occur late into flowering and normally do not open to expose pollen, sometimes they may form a seed inside but it's so inmature it won't ever grow if planted.

You can remove them but when you do get a pair of tweezers and remove them from the back where it grows out at.

They do have pollen, but they normally do not expose it, but if you rupture it, it will expose it, it won't go POOF in the air or anything, but it will fall and affect a very small area.

So you can leave them if you want too. How close are you to harvesting? If you harvest within the next 2 weeks I would not worry about it.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Thought Id update since Ive been working to fix the same issue you seem to have. I havent made much progress and Im starting to think it's a genetic issue and nothing more. Ive tried lower, higher, and "perfect" ph. No dice. Upped the feeding to Lucas formula level with a fresh res (I use Floranova so its hard to screw up) and 5ml per gal of Cal-Mag extra. Tried lower feeding levels too. No dice, keeps spotting up. Temps are 68 lights off, 80 lights on so its not a temp issue. 16 to 24 inches distance from 600w lamps so its not light stress. Im getting stumped by this and Im starting to think it's genetic. How has your leaf spotting been doing?

Queso45

To clarify for you stitch,

ItsGrowTime is another member who seems to be having similar cal/mag/spotting issues that my Northern Lights has. He is also growing northern lights.

To answer your question ItsGrowTime,
A good portion of my larger fan leaves went necrotic so I removed them. The issue seems to be slowed down, but I am starting my final flush next week. Most of the plant is affected, but the bud still looks and smells unbelievable.

I'll show you some updated pics tomorrow.

Just a suggestion Itsgrowtime: If you really want to find out what's wrong with your own plant, I recommend starting a new thread in the infirmary, answering all of stitch's survey, and posting pics of your problem.

Even though we have the same strain and similar spotting, we could have an entirely different growing situation. Stitch helped me with my problem, and I know she can help you fix yours.

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Im not that worried about it since Im doing everything to try to fix it, I just recognized the spotting you have as the same I have. Sorry for any confusion. I might start a thread but no one can suggest anything I havent already tried so I doubt I will.

Last edited:

Queso45

No worries man. I hope you fix your problems soon.

Heres a pic of my Northern Lights plant now. Check out my grow diary if you want to see more.