What's new

Is botanicare fully organic?

deadlung

hey there,

Im not sure if Botanicare is fully organic.

Ive tried searching but I'm kinda new to the site . thx for the help

AboveTheRoots

Botanicare is not organic. It is considered a Synthetic Line. An easy way to test if a product is organic is by using a PPM Pen (Parts Per Million) PPM is measured on a TDS (Total Dissolved Salts/Soultions) scale. Some people read on either a 500 or 700 scale as well as EC (Electrical Conductivity.) Finding your TDS is easy and easily found out what scale a nutrient company is using. Your PPM will read something like 1380 and to find this number you divide it by either 500 or 700 giving you the EC.

Looks like this on paper.

500xEC=PPM
Or
700xEC=PPM

Most meters will read PPM. Some read all scales. EC is usually .0 - 3.0 but you would probably never exceed 2.2 which is very high.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
only one product is organic the rest are not ..the one product that is, is really weak..yeehaw... still great product line...yeehaw

Granger2

Veteran
Yeah, it's a great line. I used it a long time ago when I thought PBP was organic. Then I learned that it's organic based, but not organic. That also goes for Pure Blend Tea. Good luck. -granger

Budley Doright

Veteran
Well you guys....me thinks.....are going about this the wrong way......

but first let me ask.....is dolomitic lime organic???

I will help...yes its omri approved....

Now here is the derved from part of the label.....the ingredients......

what here isnt organic???

Ingredients: Fish meal, composted sea bird guano, kelp, amino acids, rock phosphate, potassium carbonate, magnesium carbonate and calcium carbonate.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
yeehaw.. can you mine the carbonates??? or does it have to be changed to become a carbonate making it not totally organic??? I don't know I aint a purist...just guessing..earth juice is organic and my favorite anyhow

Budley Doright

Veteran
If I recall only one isnt mined....

if they were all mined then it could be organic and natural....

I think potassium carbonate is made from a reaction.....

I suspect they use it becuse it dissolves readily and works better than organic sources....

7thson

Maybe he means these,

PureGrow_Bag.jpg
PureBloom_Bag.jpg

sturgeongeneral

Veteran

I run the pure blend pro line usually just the bases, hydroplex ,lk, and sweet raw. Last run was just bases and a little booster and i got great results.pics are of last run.

El Gato

I guess you'll just have to continue believing it. Real info is hard to come by but I assure you it's a fuckin scam.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I put little faith in organic labeling (Earthbound farms is organic...), but please excuse me if I don't take your word for that claim.

El Gato

I put little faith in organic labeling (Earthbound farms is organic...), but please excuse me if I don't take your word for that claim.

You don't have to take my word for it, I'm sure your smart enough to figure out what's in anything labeled OMRI and most is not what people are led to believe is in them. :biggrin:

7thson

hey 7thson how does this stuff smell once u get it wet? i been looking at this as welll but was wantign about attracting critters

I only used it outdoors(veggie garden) and it smelled pretty bad(chicken shit)!Had good results though but was quit a few years back.