What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai x Deep Chunk

C

cnidarian

I can definitely recommend the LT x DC.

In my former incarnation as Blimey, I grew some of these out...what 2 or 3 years ago?

As VG says, very clear high with a nice punch from the DC.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Not sure if this is LTxDC or (LTxDC)x(NLxDC). My PC from that era died, so all my notes are gone.

Quality weed. If more beans are upcoming, grab 'em. The high is definitely influenced by the LT. Very clear, easy to grow. Bugger all stretch, so veg to a decent size, even for SOG.

VG did a few DC crosses. LTxDC and Blueberry x DC were the best imho.

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks blimey, and welcome back!

yeah i was smoking some of the LTDC last night and its a really great smoke.. the lemon soapy smell also comes through on the taste, and it is very potent.

i have a couple flowering from cuttings i took atm, next week i will make the bubba cross.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i havent gone through any of the BB x DC yet, have them in the vault. Blimey spoke very highly of them. i will get to them eventually ;)

VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I just looked through my old albums, and I've only got a BBxDC pic from early flower, so no real eye candy to show. As I recall, the ladies had a DC-dominant structure, with a bit more stretch in them. Good purpling at the end of flower.

But, the high was really nice, that euphoria/"happy" buzz from the BB with a bit of extra oomph from the DC. Rock-hard buds.

Got a couple beans left, plus a load of (BBxDC) x DC I made. Might get some running once the stuff I've just popped gets put into flower.

Last edited:

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I can remember fruity and burnt toast smells, and hashiness on the taste. Can't be more specific than that, as this was 3 years or so ago, and any notes I had are long gone.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so now i have the seeded buds drying of the (LT x DC) x Bubba Kush
its the katsu bubba x bubba pollen that i used.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
still need to sort out the seeds, hopefully tomorow! and then we'll think about some testers for this. just been smoking some of the LT x DC and its a pretty lively high, quite influenced by the LT... but the DC influence make the edges much more warm and fuzzy. kind of thoughtful high when you think you have some really good ideas, and maybe you do.. but you can never be quite sure when you're high ;)

VG

so now i have the seeded buds drying of the (LT x DC) x Bubba Kush
its the katsu bubba x bubba pollen that i used.

VG

Did the bubba mute the thai at all? Or if you haven't tried it yet I'm curious if you notice potency differentiate and in particular how the pepper notes meet up, my guess is its earthy, who knows I just like the idea of this LTDCBK, hmm Chunk Bubba Ltd.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey MJ i havent tried the LTDC crossed to the bubba as yet, the description above is of the straight LT x DC... which is perhaps DC dominant but a fairly good mix of traits and highs.

if i can i will also do some fem seeds with LTDC crossed with reversed pre-98 bubba pollen.

VG

i will also do some fem seeds with LTDC crossed with reversed pre-98 bubba pollen.

VG

Brilliant idea, you should be able to track dominant fem traits coming out of the bubba, I would be curious if that cross winds up synergistic to DC since they are relatively close in gene-pool, my guess is the terp profile would be more affected favoring BK. That isn't to say bubba could augment potency, but I don't think it fair to compare DC and BK potency. Fun work you got going, hope the LT doesn't get muted. Viridium aeternus.

Hey Verdant! I was wondering if you had any pics of the girl you dusted with the Katsu bubba pollen? Did you ever narrow it down to one phenotype of the LTDC? Thanks! I got my testers now, so I will. Be soaking them this week!

Last edited:

sirstonealot

quick update, they were all girls!

so no F2s but the F1s look really nice and i have a few girls to select from... that said it looks like a good F1 hybrid, the plants are all very similar still at 2 weeks flower,
a few pics - you can see the others n the background. all similar heights
View Image
View Image
View Image

VG

Someone one another forum is doing a repro of the dutchflowers line, he ended up with 7/7 girls and has had to pop some more to find a male. I have a theory on this being as a result of thai strains tendency to reproduce via hermaphrodite means, what implications could this have on evolution...A genetic disposition for less males perhaps?

Peace

S.S

M.R.GT

Veteran
Lemon Thai top 5 of my all time favorites!!!

Had f2s of DF's LT from greens back in the day. Loved the sat phenotype. taste of country time lemonade, with a soaring thought provoking buzz. As VG says lemon carries right into the taste.

Had any problems with Auto flower? Found it hard to keep a LT mother for that reason.

Like how the DC firmed up the bud structure.

Great work VerdantGreen hope to see these available soon.

Peace
GT

sirstonealot

Yeh I liked the sat phenoe too, lemon thai has always had AF tendency but this could be to do with photo-period or root restriction!?

I just been talking to the guy who was doing the repro and he has hermie issues so he's had to scrap the project....

Peace

S.S

M.R.GT

Veteran
That sucks about the Hermis. I have been looking for straight LT for sometime. Someone will come up with it eventually.

I keep most of my mothers in water farms so I doubt it was root restriction that caused the autofloweer.

I believe Mota and Bodhi had the same problems so I believe its just inherent in the LT.

I scored some of Bodhi's Genius Thai extreme (LT x A11). Should be interesting.

Peace
GT

Latest posts

Latest posts