What's new

"Pure Gold" Honey Oil

FokenNewbee

Just wondering if anybody has tried honey oil called "Pure Gold?" They sell this stuff here in Cali, expensive stuff going for $35-$40 for .5 gm, depending on the collective. The stuff in very clear with a light golden hue and has the consistency of synthetic motor oil, maybe a little thicker.

Here is the information on this oil I found on the net.

1_m.jpg

[SIZE=+1]Pure Gold 74.45%THC - 2.91%CBD $40 half gram donation. Pure gold consists of only the pure cannabinoids refined from hash oil. Pure gold is not a regular oil. Hash oils typically contain 40-60% contaminants, and include solvents, pigments, waxes, tars. Pure Gold is made with a complex but natural scientific process that uses high heat, frigid cold and pressure to remove the hash oil contaminants. It's almost crystal clear, with no sediment. You can read through it![/SIZE]

I tried some at a club here in Michigan and it was pretty good. The owner of the club said he gets $50 per 1/2g. I thought that was "crack" prices and wouldn't pay that much for it. It is good stuff, but the same money buys 2g's of blonde hash. I almost always take quality over quantity, but I couldn't justify it with this stuff......just my .02

J

juicepuddle

Just wondering if anybody has tried honey oil called "Pure Gold?" They sell this stuff here in Cali, expensive stuff going for $35-$40 for .5 gm, depending on the collective. The stuff in very clear with a light golden hue and has the consistency of synthetic motor oil, maybe a little thicker.

1_m.jpg

I only use this oil, and occasionally some flowers if I find some of exceptional quality. I have vaped easily 30 grams of this stuff off a pad, NO RESIDUE, none.

If I take dabs to large it can fuck my lungs up pretty bad, lots of coughing. I would use another type of oil if I could find one of a cleaner calibur but with simply dispensaries at my disposal have had no luck(Very well made / purged oil is something there isnt much profit in hehe, people like to sell crap as caviar).

This stuff is great, you can eat the empty cap after you use the oil as well, nice little boost. I have taken 2 full caps before, I do not recommend unless ur a tolerance beast hehe.

If you have any questions hit me with a PM.

EDIT: Anyone know how this stuff is made? I was told it COULD be a very very clean BHO then redissolved and cleaned up, no idea though.

J

juicepuddle

charging powder prices for resin extracts is criminal

Its hard to make a profit on well made and purged oil, to this day haven't found any BHO or oil cleaner then Pure Gold, not to mention the consistency in potency.

If they didn't charge it, I am not sure if they could make and sell it. Which would leave people like me using oil that is less potent and pure.

Not many will want to pay 40 per half gram, but some people will, no need to call it criminal.

Its hard to make a profit on well made and purged oil, to this day haven't found any BHO or oil cleaner then Pure Gold, not to mention the consistency in potency.

If they didn't charge it, I am not sure if they could make and sell it. Which would leave people like me using oil that is less potent and pure.

Not many will want to pay 40 per half gram, but some people will, no need to call it criminal.

true, my bro dropped some cash for labware, hotplate ect. Has made some really powerfull oil and plenty of it, but still has not made his money back. sorta sucks, but WE now have lots of oil to vap, hehehe.
granted he has not been trying real hard to move it either.
the amount of money and time and bud used to make the oil you have to charge a price atleast equal to the amout lost by sacrificing the bud.

FokenNewbee

I only use this oil, and occasionally some flowers if I find some of exceptional quality. I have vaped easily 30 grams of this stuff off a pad, NO RESIDUE, none.

If I take dabs to large it can fuck my lungs up pretty bad, lots of coughing. I would use another type of oil if I could find one of a cleaner calibur but with simply dispensaries at my disposal have had no luck(Very well made / purged oil is something there isnt much profit in hehe, people like to sell crap as caviar).

This stuff is great, you can eat the empty cap after you use the oil as well, nice little boost. I have taken 2 full caps before, I do not recommend unless ur a tolerance beast hehe.

If you have any questions hit me with a PM.

EDIT: Anyone know how this stuff is made? I was told it COULD be a very very clean BHO then redissolved and cleaned up, no idea though.

You say you eat the empty capsule for a little boost, do you think the high heat process decarbs the oil during extraction as the quoted excerpt I copied states?

Reason I'm asking, I don't smoke at all. I have made pills with .5 g of this oil along with 2g's of some sativa concentrates...decarb with 10ml coconut oil heated in oil bath. But if this stuff is decarbed during extraction then maybe the additional heat is not necessary or degrading the THC. But then again, the pills I made with this stuff is pretty damn strong, for me...I only use 2-3 drop under the tongue and I'm pretty foked up. Maybe what I need to do is just put 1 drop under the tongue and see what happens.

GanjaPharma

the price on good extracts is a hot topic here in the PNW.
I get 2.5-3g of pure golden shatter from an oz of nugs. and another gram or so of mid-grade amber/tacky oil.
those nugs wholesale here for $200, so how could i justify less than $200 for 3g's of my shatter?
i just ran a few pounds of nugs got around 45g's of shatter...that i plan on keeping all to myself. pretty sure nobody wants to give me $6400 for it (which wouldnt account for labor or materials).

thats why 99% of what ends up on the shelf is bho run from trim. and (around here) the shatter is just for the ganjapharma.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Looks like decarb BHO. Proper one i must admit ;)
People NEVER want to pay the price for top quality stuff.
picture.php

Home made AK47 bho, no decarb wahtsoever

lemonade

Veteran
i just ran a few pounds of nugs got around 45g's of shatter

Hmm that sounds kinda crazy dude ya should've got atleast 45g from a single P that's around 10% return maybe you didn't run enough butane through it? Either way it sounds nice any pics?

Sorry but i would never pay 40 for a .5 let alone for a single G. I doubt there are many people using full grade AAA packs to make oil for re-sale...Around here you really cant afford to have any popcorn or small stuff in your packs if you wanna get top dollar so that shit gets separated and either sold as is for cheap or made into hash/oil.

J

juicepuddle

You say you eat the empty capsule for a little boost, do you think the high heat process decarbs the oil during extraction as the quoted excerpt I copied states?

Reason I'm asking, I don't smoke at all. I have made pills with .5 g of this oil along with 2g's of some sativa concentrates...decarb with 10ml coconut oil heated in oil bath. But if this stuff is decarbed during extraction then maybe the additional heat is not necessary or degrading the THC. But then again, the pills I made with this stuff is pretty damn strong, for me...I only use 2-3 drop under the tongue and I'm pretty foked up. Maybe what I need to do is just put 1 drop under the tongue and see what happens.

Already decarb in the process of however they are made. So you can just eat an empty cap, or be a crazy bastard and eat a full one :) keep in mind two fulls caps at once = I felt BEYOND drunk, was a little much for me.

1 drop under tongue should work.

whodare

Veteran
Already decarb in the process of however they are made. So you can just eat an empty cap, or be a crazy bastard and eat a full one :) keep in mind two fulls caps at once = I felt BEYOND drunk, was a little much for me.

1 drop under tongue should work.

dude thats crazy, i eat 100mg and i feel good i eat 150mg and i get pretty fucked up and i eat that much everyday so i def have a tolerance...

you really ate a gram of high grade bho?:bow: you crazy:bigeye:

B

BrnCow

So what are the chances that they are using solvents to extract the oils and while in diluted state, cooling the mix to the point that the waxes harden up and filtering it, then using heat to cook off the solvents? Is this what they mean by freezing and then high heat? I really have no idea but this was as close as I could come to what might be happening...maybe using Everclear 200 for a solvent...could be bhoing it first...maybe using some lab apparatus to recapture the solvents...interesting ideas anyway...

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

1_m.jpg

No insight as to what these bad boys are up to, but it does look interesting. Did they volunteer what extraction process was used?

I do know that the strain will affect the color a great deal, as will the age and condition of the plant when extracted.

I've made BHO absolutes out of fresh frozen material, which were that light in color and after winterization and decarboxylation, had a light motor oil viscosity at room temperature.

Attachments

• BHO extraction 2.jpg
    BHO extraction 2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 8
J

juicepuddle

you really ate a gram of high grade bho?:bow: you crazy:bigeye:

You know those guys that say edibles never hit them or they dont feel them? I am one of those assholes. After I ate that 1gram OH MY DID I UNDERSTAND.

I would do it again if I was feeling crazy haha.

jump117

Veteran
Interpret the key pieces of this description -

waxes, tars – to remove them using a two-stage extraction,
which gives the absolute free of lipophilic contaminants.

high heat – evaporation with heating and decarboxylation,
to which also indicates the type of packaging in a capsule for oral use, and fluid consistency.

frigid cold – winterization, freezing to remove waxes and tars.

pressure to remove the hash oil contaminants – there probably had in mind vacuum to purge the residual ethanol,
or gas pressure in the extraction in a closed system.

I agree with Gray Wolf, it's probably the absolute decarboxylated, carefully made without oxidation.

Impressive price, almost twice as expensive as gold.

M

Mr. Mountain

No insight as to what these bad boys are up to, but it does look interesting. Did they volunteer what extraction process was used?

I do know that the strain will affect the color a great deal, as will the age and condition of the plant when extracted.

I've made BHO absolutes out of fresh frozen material, which were that light in color and after winterization and decarboxylation, had a light motor oil viscosity at room temperature.

This stuff looks similar to what I make using a BHO primary extraction followed by an Ethanol wash/freeze/filter.

"Absolutes" are in my opinion the finest plant based oil's I have ever made, and as Grey Wolf stated they can be viscous liquids at room temp. With that same light golden color.

Mr. M

Latest posts

Latest posts