What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$12.50 ronco keif making machine after holiday special

H

headfortrinity

I picked up two of these at rite aid today. $12.50 each regular $50 75% off holiday clearance sale. You only need to cut the two heater wires, rig up a screen tumbler and voila!
Go get em while their hot!
2210.detail.a.jpg

Now I need some screen.

reckon

I picked up two of these at rite aid today. $12.50 each regular $50 75% off holiday clearance sale. You only need to cut the two heater wires, rig up a screen tumbler and voila!
Go get em while their hot!
2210.detail.a.jpg

Now I need some screen.

hehe, ok I got one of these already, and for a rotisserie IT SUCKS!, but for a keif tumbler (woah),....and a RONCO KEIF TUMBLER at that!!
I can just see the late night infomercial with ron showing the half pound of dry sift to america! "it makes your shake into bake!" (the whole audience repeats this several times) :D

now onto bidness:
where do you get the rolls of screen? (I have searched till my lil searcher is sore to no avail)

please post it up if you find a source

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Seach for "stainless micron screen: "micron sieve" etc and mix n match, it'll turn up.

L

LolaGal

heehee. I can just hear it now.... Ron is trying to get us all high... hahaha, dang, I want one too....

hey fuck nuts, nowhere ..NOWHERE did you even hint at wanting stainless screen and i was trying to help your stupid ass.....

here is the first f'in hit of google
http://www.twpinc.com/twpinc/control/category/~category_id=TWPCAT_10

YES I did "really search", and I STILL AM, :whistling: because all you found was silk screen fabric, congratulations and thanks for playing. (I can get this at any of the 11 dozen art supply stores in my area.)

ok anyone know where to find STAINLESS STEEL MICRO SCREENS? (like you see on a keif box)

H

headfortrinity

Right now I'm using a 4" diameter 200 micron nylon mesh filter bag used for fish tank filtering (don't get the felt type) that I had lying around, I'm going to buy a couple smaller micron mesh bags to try.

I took a container of almond roca (it's perfectly 4" diameter for the bags) cut the ends off and poked holes in the middles, then I cut the bag down and super glued the nylon mesh to the almond roca end caps. Insert the kebab through the tumbler and there it is.
The 200 micron screen is of course way too big, I'm thinking 100 micron.

reckon

hey fuck nuts, nowhere ..NOWHERE did you even hint at wanting stainless screen and i was trying to help your stupid ass.....

here is the first f'in hit of google
http://www.twpinc.com/twpinc/control/category/~category_id=TWPCAT_10

wow, run out of meds?

dude, RELAX, no one is trying to start a fight here EXCEPT YOU, and NOWHERE did I use name calling or insults like you just did. (which if I was going to be a hall monitor, is against the TOS, but I don't usually go for RULES much myself)

so ok,.....uh,....... "THANK YOU for posting that very helpful information".
The supplier is in berkeley, 26 miles from me, so that is a GENUINE THANK YOU. (sarcasm disclaimer:01/06/10@07:23)

now, since we both think probably the other guy is a dick, how about we just call it a bad day, smoke a bowl, and make some keif? eh?

POLYESTER SCREENS will develop SO MUCH STATIC ELECTRICITY, it will clog the screens, THIS IS WHY I WANT STAINLESS STEEL, I can ground the thing and reduce the static by about 80%-90% (which I found several suppliers with the other posters, and already said thank you)

nuff sed

whatever, i dont give a fuck about your stupid ass riteaid 12 dollar ghetto ass tumbler or whatever the fuck screen you use......itll probably work like shit anyway.... ill never post another goddam link for someone again.....fuck me

H

headfortrinity

whatever, i dont give a fuck about your stupid ass riteaid 12 dollar ghetto ass tumbler or whatever the fuck screen you use......itll probably work like shit anyway.... ill never post another goddam link for someone again.....fuck me

Thanks for stopping by :wave: don't let the door hit you on your way out :D

oh an by the way, I just harvested about 4 grams of beautiful dry sift from some crispy overdry chem dog D I refused to smoke, and my new keif droid works AWESOME!!!

so yesterday you have no screen and dont know where to get it and today its all built and working great...jajajaja....whatever.....enjoy the chemD....

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
HFT I don't mean to hijack your thread but I've done this..and it was fantastic..Bigwilly has the right link for the silk screen...calm down Billy.
because all you found was silk screen fabric, congratulations and thanks for playing. (I can get this at any of the 11 dozen art supply stores in my area.)

There is nothing wrong with that silk screen..worked great for me..my thread is here...DD

picture.php

The album with images is here..the proof's in the pudding. http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=7935

Last edited:

Bumble Buddy

Hey everybody, another good source for the stainless steel mesh is www.smallparts.com - I got mine there because they sell in smaller units than the industrial supplier. I got the #100 mesh which I think worked out the 117 holes per inch (foggy memory)- I noticed they have different wire diameter meshes in the same size weave, not sure which is best but I suspect the ones with thin wires and a greater "open area" are best.

I want to make one of these- I made a small kif "shake box" using a plastic storage container with a section of the mesh taped to the bottom; one thing I learned from that was that the mesh can become clogged with gooey resin- better to do it in extreme cold, but also I definitely want a way to easily clean the mesh- I found that it was not possible to clean it thoroughly by wiping with a towel moistened with isopropyl alcohol- only dipping the screen into ISO worked (worked really well too)- so when I make my tumbler I want to be able to easily remove the mesh for cleaning (or maybe I could just roll it in a pan of ISO?).... anyhow thanks for posting these ideas guys :wave:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok lets see if you we can get back on track. Sorry just tried to clean up what we could ... lets move on. Please use the report bad post option when this happens ... it helps us a ton.