What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super sedating strains for quiting Heroin

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
kudos to whoever started this. kicking an opiate habit is one of the most difficult trials any human being can experience so its worth discussing at the very least. whether a variety is "sedating" has little to do with it though in my opinion. i've had plenty heavy indicas during withdrawal periods and there's nothing there which I believe helped pass the time. a few months ago i was lucky enough to acquire some varieties from an old timer who's been growing in my area since the early 70's. one in particular is called "crackweed" and whatever the genetics are, its been selected over 30 years for certain qualities. its the only variety i've experienced personally that helps pass the time in any meaningful way and it's mostly sativas(colombian, thai, northern lights) old school though.

CaptainDankness

The way I see it is you use opiates because feels good. So really you just have to replace it with something that makes you feel good. The withdrawals, ain't no helping that, man up cupcake. I went cold turkey took a few attempts.

But you can die doing dope, or you can live and do a bunch of fun shit. Ain't no telling what happens when you die could just be lights out, so I much rather live and do fun shit. It's kind of sad seeing so many people die young of heroin. They really don't do shit with their lives so they feel as though nothing is better. When in reality they spent their money on dope and can't even afford to buy a boat or 4 wheeler, nothing. Imagine how much money a junky would have without buying dope? They could probably own a house in a few years. Lol

Just more so have to get them more interested in doing shit other than nodding out on dope. Can't do much unless you go cold turkey and move on with life.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
The way I see it is you use opiates because feels good. So really you just have to replace it with something that makes you feel good. The withdrawals, ain't no helping that, man up cupcake. I went cold turkey took a few attempts.

But you can die doing dope, or you can live and do a bunch of fun shit. Ain't no telling what happens when you die could just be lights out, so I much rather live and do fun shit. It's kind of sad seeing so many people die young of heroin. They really don't do shit with their lives so they feel as though nothing is better. When in reality they spent their money on dope and can't even afford to buy a boat or 4 wheeler, nothing. Imagine how much money a junky would have without buying dope? They could probably own a house in a few years. Lol

Just more so have to get them more interested in doing shit other than nodding out on dope. Can't do much unless you go cold turkey and move on with life.

that was a bit obnoxious. captain dankness. you make it seem like anyone who dabbles in opiates is on heroin. and the ones who do die young, usually die from whatever poison its been adulterated with: fentanyl, etc. not really the heroin unless its a massive dose meant for an elephant. just saying. and going cold turkey? Well captain.. doing that can lead to a heart attack if you're lucky! I'm sure it does wonders for the body:tiphat: ehh what do I know? you're right about the feeling good part.

'Boogieman'

opium addiction its more hard to remove to heroin addiction for the my experience.....after some months with 2 grams a days of opium i ve do 20 days of methadone decreasing...afetr 2 years with 2 or 3 grams a day of heroin with 10 days of methadone near zero withdrawl symptoms...again 10 or 15 days with difficult to sleep but i can go to work and make a normal life...sometimes the head comeback to the shit: 4/6 months i guess how i was foolish to delete time with this shit

Heroin is processed morphine, more addictive than opium but different opiates have different lengths of withdrawal. Your not the first person I heard say opium is harder to quit. I suspect it's all the opiates in opium at play that makes it more difficult.

J-Icky

I figured I’d toss my 2cents in. When I quit opioids Kratom is what helped the most. I’d be very careful with cannabis, especially the first few days. Sure it will stop the nausea but if you take the wrong strains it can make the withdrawals feel worse and makes time move even slower.
The whole OG and chems thing isn’t that they will help with withdrawal. They actually synergize with opiates very well but if your in withdrawal they won’t help at all. In fact they are some that can make it worse as if you had used them while taking opiates then they will trigger your brain and body in withdrawal and use that to try and get you to fill those receptors with whatever you can find.

For me what worked best, like I said was Kratom, but I added a brick bag seed strain I grew that was very racy and paranoia inducing. Odd as it seems that seems it was the fact that it seemed to make time move faster, but it did nothing for any of the symptoms. So those first few days as my body adjusted to the Kratom and I wasn’t sleeping much it made the nights pass faster. After 3 days my body had completely adjusted to the Kratom and at that point any sleepy strain helped at night as I slowly tapered off the Kratom. Once I was down to 1 gram 6x/day I just stopped and it was 88ghash that got me through those first few days, which weren’t much compared to full blown opiate wds, and after that only at night for sleep.

Now I’m to the point that while I don’t have to use anything to sleep, I do need to use cannabis less as without it I end up with a more restless sleep and always am awake too early.

sanderson43

Yep, I have had a friend how was heroin addicted and to be honest this situation wasn't so funny. He transformed into a cruel person and he started to see only those who were giving him money for the drugs. He was looking at our happiness with the other eyes. His parents even started to look for help and found it here https://www.lifeline.org.uk/heroin-addiction/. You know I started to think that I have to stop with it too. I didn't like the man in who transformed himself my friend. Now he is fine and he is back in our squad.

Sunshineinabag

I'd recommend medical help because quitting opiates is a huge deal, chance of relapse is huge. Getting medication for the nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, sleeplessness, and withdrawl symptoms prescribed by a professional is the best way to kick.

That said cannabis provides relief from some of these symptoms, especially in RSO form. I'd go with 100% Indicas. Try to find a strain without trippyness or paranoid stimulant type effects. Bubba Kushes, hashplants, Purple Urkle, anything along those lines. I'd think an OG is too psychedelic. Strong strong RSO adminstered over a one week period along with kratom and ibogaine ain't a bad idea. RSO is so powerful I think the strain is less important what is more important is how strongly sedative the RSO is.

Valium or other benzodiazepines are a good idea. The idea isn't to go clean immediately, it's to be so sedated you make it through the withdrawl symptoms with a minimum of discomfort and pain. Then you can deal with the other problems that caused the opiate addiction in the first place, getting your friend's life back together.

Oh and btw folks...benzos are just as bad as the dooe:kiss:

G

Dont know much about opiates but I have grown a few extremwly sedating strains. I sometimes have anxiety and grew a few of these strains to see if I found anything that helped.

From what I've tried, Bubba Kush crosses produced the heaviest, most narcotic weed I have ever grown. Especially Bubba Hash by ace Seeds, which has very little head high. Body high is tremendous though. Makes your legs like jelly. I saved a mother and plan to have some buds always in my stash.Excellent for watchinga movie, disconnect and go to sleep.

One thing I noticed from these super narcotic strains is theyre not really "fun" though and usinh them everyday can make me a little depressed and lethargic. Not sure if that would help in your situation.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
To throw a curveball into this. I would consider smoking the most trippy and soaring types of pot. That goes for anxiety as well. It has worked for me.

Such highs can reset the brain. LSD and Ibogaine and shrooms etc. have been used clinically to get people off of opiates. Those highs are not sedating at all.

Red October

What helped me alot with coke was a paranoia inducing variety I was growing:cathug: literally made me not want to go outside after I'd smoked it!! definitely stopped me from wanting to go out and party.

Heroin is a kettle of fish I'm glad I never took part of, I'm pretty sure I'd never find my way back.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
NL5haze is absolutely ideal for it. sedative as well as psychoactive.. I am surprised that certain members, which have the biggest experiences with heroin detox through NL5haze, didn't chime in.

G

NL5haze is absolutely ideal for it. sedative as well as psychoactive.. I am surprised that certain members, which have the biggest experiences with heroin detox through NL5haze, didn't chime in.

Interesting that you would mention one strain in particular. Any reason? Maybe some special effect that only this strain has?

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
like I said, it is ideal combination. northern lights part get you through awful symptoms. and haze part inspires you to get taste for life again, helps with right neuroactivity. like I said some have straight experience with it. plus it was bred by guy who had experience with heroin detox. it is like with methadone, you need something that feels like opiates, but it is not so addictive. so weed, which smokes like opiates - not really like that just similar - weed is always better than opiates, is ideal. and important thing: it is super strong. hard to find something stronger than A5.

Red October

hard to find something stronger than A5.
how do you find the A5 and stronger Neville hazes do with regards to longevity? Are they able to deliver a consistent high or do you build up a tolerance to them over time easily? Would like to do grow mango haze but the one thing that stuck with me was your statement about how quickly you built up tolerance to it and for me that's exactly what trying to avoid. My body seems to assimilate and normalise very easily to what ever I throw at it but I know strains do exist that go beyond that, I just need to figure out they are for me.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
they do deliver consistent strength of effect, now high.. it is something different for me. longevity is consistent too. around 2/3 hours, but some narrow leafers can give you 4/6 hours, some freaks even more. there is some tolerance build up, but slow. what I am talking about usually is ceiling of high. which is low for me, it means that it gets you quite high, but only to some point and if you smoke more it doesn't matter, you will not get higher. while some other varieties gets me higher, and higher every time I smoke it. but what I call high has nothing to do with this thread. if somebody suffers from heroin addiction, it is not so important thing. primary tendency is to get rid of suffering than getting high. yesum talks about brain reset, it means that brain could get into state which was present before person starts to use heroin. I doubt it is possible.. the more you suffer, the less you are able to get high. people use to think that getting high is just quality of ganja, but you need brain ability for it too. healthy brain is part of set and settings which constitute quality of effect.

HAZENACIOUS

I've read plenty of people talk about OG Kush and some of the other OG's like Hollywood Pure Kush have a certain type of terpene profile that really works well for people who love opiods and especially heroin to get that feeling that they like. I've heard several stories of people that quit heroin by using strains like these to make RSO and then using that in combination with Ibogaine and Kratom.
Anyone have suggestions of strains that I can try that will make me feel like I took vicodin or opiod based pain killers?

I'd like to help a friend of mine quit heroin and that is why I'm out to find strains as I described.

Thanks for your time
Hi AfricaSeeds,
Nevil told me that he attributes his success on quitting Heroin to 5hzC.
However, he said that it cured him not because it was a substitute for heroin, on the contrary, it cured him because as long as he was high on it 24/7, he didn't even want heroin(scared of it) and he didn't really experience withdrawal as long as he was smoking it.

HAZENACIOUS

What helped me alot with coke was a paranoia inducing variety I was growing
cathug.gif
literally made me not want to go outside after I'd smoked it!! definitely stopped me from wanting to go out and party.

Heroin is a kettle of fish I'm glad I never took part of, I'm pretty sure I'd never find my way back.

Lol! That's what Nevil said about NL5hz like he didn't want to do it, to scared, even though I've never been hooked on anything but weed and cigarettes and coffee( quit coffee and cigarettes, but please don't take my weed:rasta:), I can see that, One time I was looking at a little rasberry on my arm from skinning it by accident, when I was really high on 5hz and I got really freaked out about it, like I was convinced for awhile there that I had managed to catch leprosy. not sure but I can see when you are that high, you probably wouldn't even want to deal with sticking a needle in your arm.

Last edited:

Red October

when I was really high on 5hz and I got really freaked out about it, like I was convinced for awhile there that I had managed to catch leprosy.
you made me realize I need to pay more attention to these 5hz crosses out there;) I'm quite particular to paranoia producing varieties, I always felt it added to the intensity and atmosphere of the high!

Latest posts

Latest posts