What's new

Do female seeds turn hermie, does anyone grow with female seeds and succeed?

The last time i grew Dutch Passions Female Oasis seeds (which is Northern Lights x some lemon cross) , all my plants turned hermie. I did pick lots of buds off them while they were still growing though...many times, because i was desperate at the time. This wae like 15 years ago. Did they turn hermie from the stress of me cutting them while they were still growing? Or are female seeds best avoided?

My last grow was the SAGE (which i loved), and they were regular seeds, not feminished, but i didnt touch any buds that time and she turned out amazing, minty tasting bud...very nice!

So does anyone use female seeds? Is it because i stressed the plants enough to force them to hermie? I would like to try feminished seeds again.

Any advice would be great. Cheers guys!

maimunji

Dutch passion is known like hermie seeds producer in my option I grow only one plant from them skywalker which is mazar x blueberry and show me a lot of male preflower then slowly turn female but countinued to show me nanners to the end. Its good smoke after all.

belgowiet

grew a few packs of pure Ak from female seeds 40% sprouted 2-3 nanners last 3 weeks in flowering nothing serious never got a seed but after that i only stick to reg seed and clones

Last edited:

Sorceror

The methods used to produce fems have changed since 15 years ago. I've grown a few fem varieties and no herms so far.

I did get a hermie in my Archives Face-off Bx2 regs but that could have been from a light-leak, or possibly OG genetics. It was nothing serious though.

Thanks for the replies. Im gonna try feminish BIG BAG , if i run into nanners ill just pick them off. im not gonna stress them, im sure that can fool the plant into thinking its gonna die, so maybe they go hermie to save their race from extinction lol.

Thanks!

bigAl25

Veteran
I had numerous Nirvana fem grows and have not encountered hermies in any of the last 7 grows. OGraskal and Connessuer genetics fems grow with no problems. I did go cheaper with female seeds fems 3 years back and their WW X BB hermed and seeded my whole crop. Thus I have not reordered any female seeds fem since then.