What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 In Oregon?

Would love to see this strain come to my state. Haven't seen it at any of the dispensaries at all, and according to leafly it's no where to be found.

There is more than enough Girlscout cookies and other well-known strains, but people here haven't even heard of GG.

Does anyone know if it's available at all in OR? I would love to be the first in the state to bring it to the scene :biggrin:

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
It's out there, but you may have to wait to find it.

On the other hand you could make an in demand strain which you could send down this way.

Just an idea.

I know guy with it near Vancouver. It's only a matter of time. Oregon has plenty of dank. It might not be good enough to fight its way into your market. Standards of excellance being as high as they are there.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
it's here

it just isn't in the clubs yet

there were a handful of folks who went to LA to get her at the cup

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She will be at the SF Cup as well. But im in the area where you need a rec to get in. gg#4 will have no problem entering any market Oregon will be easy. I lived there for 15 years.

cant say. She has been passed to hundreds of people. Some might be hording her.

the cannabis scene certainly is an interesting one. Guess I can't blame people for that realistically.

It's out there, but you may have to wait to find it.

On the other hand you could make an in demand strain which you could send down this way.

Just an idea.

Don't have the space to take up any breeding projects unfortunately :/ I'm just a small guy trying to get some good strains in my collection! Also love strains no one else has (obviously)

I know guy with it near Vancouver. It's only a matter of time. Oregon has plenty of dank. It might not be good enough to fight its way into your market. Standards of excellance being as high as they are there.

Thing is, even if dispensaries start selling cuts of it here, I really don't trust taking clones from anyone else unless I know 100% they are pest-free. I've started all my plants from beans for this very reason, and have put in a lot of effort to make sure my new room is clean. I know too many damn people here who spend literally thousands of dollars battling root aphids and can't seem to shake them no matter what. I don't wanna get myself in that position.

it's here

it just isn't in the clubs yet

there were a handful of folks who went to LA to get her at the cup

ya that doesn't surprise me at all. Now if only I knew some of those people...

She will be at the SF Cup as well. But im in the area where you need a rec to get in. gg#4 will have no problem entering any market Oregon will be easy. I lived there for 15 years.

Nice dude. Ya I would love to go to some cups in Cali, but don't have anyone to look after my plants while I would be away :( Also only have an OMMP card.

Shit when and where is the next cup and
will there be gg#4 clones for sale

haha right!

if anyone has any leads on GG4 in OR definitely feel free to share :biggrin:

MedResearcher

Veteran

Good to hear, Ive been waiting patiently, hoping to find a cut at the SF Cup though.

Any idea, if it will be vended, or more like the LA Cup where there was only a small handful? Reason I ask, trying to plan how early it will have to be staked out to get a good chance to get one.

Thanks,
Mr

TrinZilla

Has been in Oregon for a minute, and is/has been available at clubs in the metro areas. Look harder, she is here!

Bongstar420

Has been in Oregon for a minute, and is/has been available at clubs in the metro areas. Look harder, she is here!

Post a leafly link showing it on the menu with +25% numbers...

like this link showing 09' GSC at 29% (not THCA like some dispensaries promote as THC):

https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/prog-collective/menu

Notice, the clone is not available, but you can get Platinum or Berner (ironic- they don't go beyond 25%)

Why would growers sell cuts at all? Most dispensaries in Oregon are owned by growers.

Purchased cuts are likely 2nd tier

Lifebreather

Veteran
It's here.

AND in the clubs.

Peeps I passed it to are rocking the shit out of her, and dispo's are getting some action.

Post a leafly link showing it on the menu with +25% numbers...

like this link showing 09' GSC at 29% (not THCA like some dispensaries promote as THC):

https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/prog-collective/menu

Notice, the clone is not available, but you can get Platinum or Berner (ironic- they don't go beyond 25%)

Why would growers sell cuts at all? Most dispensaries in Oregon are owned by growers.

Purchased cuts are likely 2nd tier

Here's some 2nd-tier WiFi I got from Progressive:

Bongstar420

Here's some 2nd-tier WiFi I got from Progressive:

View Image

That hardly looks second tier...is it lower on flavor or yield? It looks better than my 27% THCA cut..Probably better yielding

We got 'Cannatonic' from them...its got fabulous aroma, decent flavor, and poor yield (compared to other 'Cannatonic' from seed we have)...Its aroma is also not the more common type.

I don't see how they could sell a second tier 'GG#4' because it is clone only and there is only 1 individual which qualifies as that. Seed off 'GG#4' is not 'GG#4'

It's here.

AND in the clubs.

Peeps I passed it to are rocking the shit out of her, and dispo's are getting some action.

You must not be a career grower...I don't see why increasing availability by giving other growers unearned cuts is good for the bottom line. Its not like stuff like this actually need name recognition. Heck you could call it anything, and you would get premium prices for it. Or are you just returning the favor because you didn't earn the cut either (earned cuts are selected out of crosses made by the individual, most people don't earn what they have in that respect).

relic1981

Veteran
its definitely in Oregon. i know a few folks up there with it.

I don't see how they could sell a second tier 'GG#4' because it is clone only and there is only 1 individual which qualifies as that. Seed off 'GG#4' is not 'GG#4'

You must not be a career grower...I don't see why increasing availability by giving other growers unearned cuts is good for the bottom line. Its not like stuff like this actually need name recognition. Heck you could call it anything, and you would get premium prices for it. Or are you just returning the favor because you didn't earn the cut either (earned cuts are selected out of crosses made by the individual, most people don't earn what they have in that respect).

can you elaborate more on your unearned cuts theory? why are cuts passed to friends unearned. is it unearned if you pay for them? really wtf? sounds a bit condescending but thats why i want you to expand on what you already said. thanks!

That hardly looks second tier...is it lower on flavor or yield? It looks better than my 27% THCA cut..Probably better yielding

I was kidding. I have two variations of WiFi from them (this one and WiFi #3) and both are premium-quality genetics.

I already had GG#4 but I'd place high odds Progressive's is real, since everything I've gotten from them has been real-deal. They seem to screen/test all genetics before offering them. They are the only place that I've found cuts that are always exactly what they claim they are. No bugs or duds, either.

And thank god the days of 'unearned cuts' bullshit attitudes are finally going away. Everyone should have access to ANY cut they want (aside from privately-bred gems). This hoarding mentality is just nonsense that selfish people started years ago as a superiority trip.