What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1toke's dual 400 HPS closet grow #6

G

:wave: This week update, practicing with camera settings and lighting.

The hydro is at 11 weeks from cutting, 2 of those weeks rooting:

I found one pheno out of the 4 in flower at 6 weeks, 12/12 right from sprout.

And the budding continues in the flower room, 4 plants - 2' tall - tied down to 18" canopy, 25 gal tub of Pro Mix for containers w/vermeculite & on Miracle Bloom 10-52-10 under two 400w HPS:

That's it for now I guess - nothing much happening as they fatten up, they are still in stretch, over 10 more weeks to go.

G

pics look good 1Toke, hope they fatten up real good over the next several weeks for ya :joint:

S

strain_searcher

1 toke looks great,hope you haver the headroom for those.

G

:wave: Hey Jen, good to see ya - gotta get by your thread and see what you're up to one of these days! Thanks for the props - still pluggin away at it. Strains that take this long are boring, nothing much happens until the big show!

Hi Lee! Yeah - I'm confident they will,, just gotta give them time.

Hey strain - good to see ya. Well the flower room only has these 3 and they are trained this time to 2'. :pointlaug Hoping to finish this batch at under 5'.

Hi Four Fingers! Thanks for stopping by to check out my modest grow! Good to see another 400 user. :dueling:

I have to admit that total wattage would be hard to guess - I use one 75w HPS for sprouts, one 18w full spectrum floro for the bubble cloner cab, and a DIY dumpster hood with two 100w MH and a 150w HPS over the hydro experiment tub. Then the two 400s in the flower closet. So I guess it's really a 1200 watt grow! :bat:

Well, time for another pic update I guess - this batch is for Aug 3: Here are the 3 in flower at 7 weeks:

And the hydro experiment at 12 weeks:

And a runt cutting of the interesting pheno I mistook for a male & chopped, pic at 2 days in the bubble cloner:

Not much to look at now, but the plant was the fastest and largest I've seen in a long time and the semi-cured bud was top notch 1Toke shit, so I'm hoping to save the cutting and start growing some of that out with the Neville's F1s. If I get the clones I'm hoping for I'll start another tub in the mix for crosses with the F2s.

Anyways, boring as it is - that's about it for now, not long to go yet - only about 16 weeks left. :pointlaug

G

:wave: Well, I've been playing with the camera in the wait. :woohoo:

Finally have some action in the flower room - the buds are beginning to fill in now, time to take some macro shots, trichs are forming and pistols are turning amber to rust red. I'll post the frame shot first and if there is a macro close up of that bud I'll follow the pic. These are the two plants in flower at 7 weeks of supercropping (mixed LST):

And we'll post the rest in another post for those with dial up.

G

Continuing on with the pics and macro shots - the thumbnails don't always show the trich shots as close ups - you'll have to click on the thumbnail to get the closeup. (System feature).

And this is the result of supercropping. Notice the branch bent 45 degrees from lower right diagonal to the upper left. Normally each stalk will fill in one main cola at the tip (visible in the upper left corner), with the training every shoot off the main branch sends out a main cola. This branch will yeild 7 colas or one long bud as they fill in along the branch to the tip cola.

And back to bud shots with following macro shots of trichs and frost.

System notice that i have too many pics. :pointlaug

G

Okay finishing up the trich macro pics post for August 8:

And this sexy shot just because it looks cool (results of an accidental flash with WB set for HPS lighting):

That's it for now, more pics as they fill in and start looking good. See ya in chat! (Start IC Mag 2006 Grower's Cup plans and saving NOW!) Be there or be square. :bat:

G

:woohoo: original Blueberry! :pointlaug

Thanks fer the props Mr. GreenJeans! Good to see ya! With the flower room halfway I have plenty of time to learn the camera! :bat:

G

:wave: Welcome back, my friends!
to the show that never ends....
Come see the wonders of my pride,
step inside, step inside!

Wanta see the show? Wanta see the show!

As the dawn is breaking and it's early morn,
the bongs are packed, the pipes are worn.
Grab a cookie, or caramel corn,

It's been 11 weeks, and awful slow.
but now the trichs are startin to show!
So step inside my friends
to the show that never ends.
See my Pride - what's inside?
What's inside, what's inside?

We're gonna start the show!
By now you oughta know -
That we're gonna start the show!

Start :woohoo:
the :woohoo:
show! :woohoo:

Tee Hee. (Never said I was a poet or writer, like Zappa said "SHUT UP 'N PLAY YER GUITAR!")

Revisisted the grow calandar because something just didn't seem right - and yup. I was screwed up. The girls in the soil bed flowering are 11 weeks from sprout, 4 weeks in flower. The hydro girl is 11 1/2 weeks from cutting. Doh!

Okay, got the camera figured out pretty well, pics are pretty good with the WB setting compensating for the HPS.
(The last one is the girl in the hydro experiment.)
As always, click on the pic to zoom in.

4 weeks in flower (11 weeks old):

And these 2 just to be silly, 'cause I think they look sexy.

That's it for now - more next week, now that they are starting to fill in!

See ya in chat. :woohoo:

Last edited:

Sleepy

Veteran
Ahhh, the old Emerson lake and palmer...what a blast to listen to...

your macros are incredible!!

busy busy!!

very nice show!

G

:wave: Hey Sleepy! Howdy neighbor! LOL Yeah, them guys too. ELP.

Had the cam for a couple years and never bothered to learn it - with this strain I got plenty of time to tinker. :pointlaug

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
1toke - when this harvest comes in you'll be ready for some brain salad surgery :biglaugh: Lookin nice - frost is comin now...

Sleepy - love your new avatar! :yes:

G

:wave: Hey Mr.GreenJeans how ya doing. Yeah - starting to fill in now. Most branches have buds now about aninch apart and starting to fill in the gaps. Hoping for about a dozen foot long colas!

Time for an update - been messing up a lot with the camera, I'll get it yet. :bat:

OK - time for the pics - first the macro shots and if we're lucky we got some trich shots in there. As usual click on the pic for the closeup.

All are 12 weeks old, 5 weeks in flower.

And last the hydro experiment - as usual it hit the ceiling and I had to top her a couple of times, she's still crowding the lights.

That's about it for now. See ya next week or later in chat! :woohoo:

Last edited:
G

Nice... A dozen foot long colas sounds like 144 inches of beautiful bud... :smoker:

G

Grat3fulH3ad said:
Nice... A dozen foot long colas sounds like 144 inches of beautiful bud... :smoker:
:woohoo:

Just gotta keep them fattening up without fucking up! :pointlaug

I did finally adopt the right procedures to keep the height down, these two should finish under 4' - closer to 3. Good to see ya Grat3fulH3ad.