What's new

Wiring TG11 Socket Remote CFL lamps

broseidon

Great thread and great info. I'm going to start a first time grow and I decided on PL-Ls, but I'm a little confused about wiring as I know next to nothing about electrical work. I have the same sockets as in Hydro's awesome post and I'm wanting to wire up the paired 55w bulbs to a workhorse 5 ballast and I guess I'm a little confused by the diagram on their site on the placement of the yellow wire. I just really want to make sure I get this wired completely correct.

Also, do I need the two wires joined that connect to the ballast wires since I notice you had a little part where you said to just stick some of the wires straight into the socket since I have that type?

Also, with the ballasts and grounding, I am going to screw them underneath my wooden cab...I notice no one really mentions much about that, but should I do anything with that? Like maybe get some grounding wire or something? Thanks in advance and once again, great thread. PL-L love :)

AFP

What is the verdict on running 4 55w lamps on the 220w workhorse 8 ballast? If the light output is okay, and its safe- whats the worry? Should you need to call in the warranty, is there actually any way for them to tell that you have been running 4 lamps and not 3?

F

feral

Here's a couple pics!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is nice and clean. sweet set up for sure

Great thread guys! My building skills and patience are both low these days, so I think I'm going to opt for the PLL-55 kits from HTG.

But I have a question for you smarty pants. Seems you can't get 2700k bulbs for these PLL-55's. If you look at the included graph, you'll see there is quite a difference in chlorophyll activity between 2700l and 3000k. I wonder if the extra 3200 lumens I'd get from the 4 bulb(19,200 total lumen) PLL-55 is offset by the lower chlorophyll activity, vs. the 8 bulb 24w(16,000 total lumen) fixture that can use 2700k bulbs?

I'd save almost 30 watts as well

Thanks

Attachments

• hortgraph---chlorophyll-activity.gif
    hortgraph---chlorophyll-activity.gif
    18.1 KB · Views: 35

Latest posts

Latest posts