What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massive Marijuana Grow in Mexico

NOKUY

Veteran
I'd say the black canopy is to hide the crop from US aerial/satellite photos. Would also keep max temps down I guess.
Would be interesting to know the carbon footprint of a desert operation like this. The temps must get cold at night. Or does the black canopy then retain the days heat? I noticed they have cleaned shrub around the perimeter. Class.

picture.php

...seems an off tan or desert camo canopy would have been better than a black....

...fuck prolly didnt matter.....keep your bribe paid

L

longearedfriend

i second the tan / desert camo... (if possible)

but these guys did not seem to be idiots

they must have thought about that no ?

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
The plants looked pretty healthy. I honestly didn't think desert soil could support growth like that.

Its a truly crazy amount of grass. Can hardly imagine trimming all of that. Considering all the work they did I wonder if they were going to remove males and such.

Those mexicans are getting their shit together, no doubt about that.

doublejj

Veteran
Baja camping!

Baja camping!

I have a 4x4 truck & camper. Up until a few years ago we would drive down to Cabo & beach camp all the way, down & back. Found some awesome beaches to camp on.

We drove the back roads all over baja without problems. But 5 or 6 years ago we started seeing strange things going on & we no longer felt comfortable. We used to camp very near there. You could get some great fish taco's at the "old mill" restaurant in San Quintin!

There are huge tomato farms just a few miles north of there. It probably looked like another tomato farm.

We haven't been back in years, I miss it!

peace
doublejj

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
I must say that I couldn't spot one shitty plant in the pictures... none!

Nice set up... maybe a tad too big?... LOL

Ojo

hazy

Veteran
...seems an off tan or desert camo canopy would have been better than a black....

Lots of legit farms in the Mexican desert use that black sunscreen to protect their squash and whatever from the sun. Here in AZ, it's the only way to keep a garden going through the summer.

jakeh

There are 640 acres in a sq mile making this nearly 1/2 a sq mile. It makes me wonder if the hours of direct sun needed per day is all it is cracked up to be. I guess with 300 acres so what if it yields half of what it does with direct sun. I bet that shade cloth would keep dew from molding a crop as well as rain. It it were irrigated so what if the rain rolls off the sides. This is going to have more than a few people thinking and rethinking.

Treetops

Reminds me of the pool, in Cheech and Chong, but many times bigger...My hats off to those men in a way....LOL..All that work...Gone...
But ideas will be taught from this and much learned...From above it was just another tomato farm....

Peace,
Treetops