What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magic Mushroom Grow Kit?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I've got a few PF tek jars fully colonised just waiting birth. I had one that had a distinct black mould infection. Instead of throwing it out I just left it to see what would happen. The mycelium actually grew over the mould completely and you cannot tell it was ever there now. Jar is now fully colonised. I will still likely throw it out as a precaution, but that was certainly interesting. No foul smells or anything. Mycelium is amazing.

moose eater

thank-you for your comment about a food dehydrator - never crossed my mind, also not part of my normal cooking repertoire. i keep trying to make do with stuff on hand cause i keep thinking one-and-done, when it clearly is cranking on for a while. started looking on amazon for a food dehydrator.

after 18 hours in my peltier dehumidifier box the shrooms were dry enough to jar this morning ... just in time, too, need the box for drying this bud harvest coming in NOW ... fortunately both shrooms trays are taking a short break.

Isn't heat an issue with preservation of potency and psilocybin 'shrooms?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Someone please sell Doober an 1/8th or 1/4 of shrooms. Have money. Haven't tripped in like 15 years. PM me thx Doober :kissass:

BudToaster

Veteran
Doober - hey, man, it ain't that hard to grow shrooms (this is the magic mushroom grow kit? thread, yo). $200 for necessary pieces parts and about 8 weeks. and some Everclear in a spray bottle for antiseptic wash.

BudToaster

Veteran
and in the race between the mycelium and the contam ... the winner is contamination - dumped the tray into the yard. the other tray is okay for now.

BudToaster

Veteran
just to close this out with results ... no contamination and no real mycelium growth. i dumped the tray in the yard. so, the result: could not get a second crop by adding more substrate.

anyway, my answer to the OP question: YES!

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, great great. Would like to try them, yes even at my age. Especially at my age!. It's been at least 20+ years since I've done any psychedelics ..........last time was mushrooms I helped pick on a farm in the early morning hours in texas

BudToaster

Veteran
middle of March i placed another order for syringes ... it seems i am doing a shroom grow once per year starting the effort in March each time.

got 1 each of Nepal, Burma, Golden Teacher and B+ - the last two are old favorites and the first two are just to see what happens.

split the Nepal syringe (12 ml) between two Qt rye berry jars, same for Burma on Apr 2. the Burma is kind of slow colonizing the jars, but doing well. the Nepal is almost ready for the bulk substrate tray, but as a variation to the past technique i am going to let it roll a few more weeks - maybe 8 weeks total - when i shake the jars i still see a lot of virgin berry.

got a new tub from max yield bins which is twice as deep as my prior gear. plan to put both qt jars in the new bin. max yield has a new tight lid for the colonizing the substrate step. nice idea, i hope it works. the dome lid is better, too, sloped with air exchange ports with filters.

when the Burma is ready each jar will go into one of the old shallower bins.

definitely will soak the berry jars with water for at least 24 hours before hitting the substrate.

shooting for more than the 60g dry/ground yield I got from 4 jars last time. there will be 8 jars total this year. i had planned to skip a year, but ended up giving 50g to needy cases.

Last edited: