Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > If you could grow anything with Cannabis, what would it be?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
If you could grow anything with Cannabis, what would it be? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2017, 11:44 PM #31
Satyros

Satyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really niceSatyros is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwyrms View Post
i'm interested in breeding einkorn wheat, a diploid with 2n=14 with barley types, also diploids, 2n=14 chromosomes, without cholchine but am not against trying it.

original wheat is thought to have developed this way but with two other grass types, adding to it , to make tetraploid emmer and then hexaploid common wheat,

but barley and rye are diploids, and in the amount of time it took to make common wheat from two, lesser quality grasses (with einkorn)

barley and rye could maybe make something better
That's interesting. I'm not much of a biologist, but, that's my understanding, is that in terms of genetics, the simplest is einkorn, then spelt.

From working in an international market, I found that some Germans are quite avid about preferring these simpler genetics. There is a school of thought suggesting that further iterations of wheat with more complex genes are not as digestible as the older ones.

Modern U. S. wheat is a late model, mostly a 1970s hybrid with a dwarf to increase yield.

I don't plan on raising any wheat, although I would say cannabis is merely one among...I'm not sure, maybe 20 other things we are trying to raise. Yet, I can't really say we grow them "with" cannabis, because, wonder of wonders, cannabis outgrows everything by leaps and bounds.
Satyros is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2017, 09:32 PM #32
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
Right now ... a low-hanging branch on a Fig Tree that I'm trying to root.

I scraped off the outside layer, did 4 branches total, Rootone on 2 of them and Walmart Rooting Solution on the other 2.

Used fine sand beneath them and on top, with a layer of small river gravel on top to add weight to hold the branch down.

Then a layer of plastic on top, to keep the humidity in the soil (well, sand) mass around the branch.

Hoping it will root.

Once it roots - that's what I want to grow with my Cannabis this winter !

Baby fig trees.
St. Phatty is online now Quote

Old 10-02-2017, 12:43 PM #33
Livelyup

If I grew outside, I would breed praying mantises to guard my plants.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:28 PM #34
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud of
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondon View Post
Popaver Somniferum.
Dwarf variety grows well inside with way more flowers than the larger varieties.
Started April in the bud room and put outside to finish during summer solstice. Winter crops are put in veg area to finish.

Also grow Jalapeno Peppers, but Poppies have prettier flowers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	149 pods taken, about a hundred left.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	439460
Phaeton is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 08:34 AM #35
Bongi

Bongi will become famous soon enoughBongi will become famous soon enough
I would grow mushrooms. I have been thinking about inoculating wood bark with mycelium and then mulching my garden with it. I did try to burry cakes to my outdoor pots but it did not work. Winter came.
Bongi is offline Quote

Old 01-21-2018, 09:32 PM #36
stankydankys

stankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the roughstankydankys is a jewel in the rough
I'd grow veggies!!
stankydankys is offline Quote

Old 01-24-2018, 07:37 AM #37
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud ofPhaeton has much to be proud of
Wink

Raspberries grow at the end of the MJ grow tunnel.
High Bush Cranberries are my favorite but the growing area is too dispersed for photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Although Raspberries have red leaves, they are second choice in berries.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	443339 Click image for larger version

Name:	Raspberry patch and grow tunnel.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	443340
Phaeton is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:44 PM #38
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really niceHuffnPufferfish is just really nice
money

Old 01-25-2018, 04:02 AM #39
hamstring

hamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of lighthamstring is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
Raspberries grow at the end of the MJ grow tunnel.
High Bush Cranberries are my favorite but the growing area is too dispersed for photos.
WOW beautiful
hamstring is offline Quote

Old 01-26-2018, 02:34 PM #40
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud ofJustSumTomatoes has much to be proud of
I'm into the carnivorous plant thing. Venus flytraps are my personal favorite but unfortunately I can't grow them beside cannabis at the moment. Maybe some day. Anyways, this is one of my vft pots. They don't produce any sort of harvest other than more plant divisions and seed, but it is a very enjoyable hobby as is every other type of gardening.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bgft-1.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	443723
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote