What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Electric & Motivating Landrace Sativas Around

indifferent

Veteran
Lots of them, most pure equatorial sativas are like that. Mexican strains in particular are noted for their speedy, racy effect.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Too bad Mexicans are very under presented in today's seedbanks. Original Haze and Indian Haze certainly do the trick but prepare for 100+ days of flowering.

M

madback

I think it's time for the rebirth of the physcadellic sativas... imo...

Mr. Lovebuzzed

for the most eletric like effect genetics i would searching for it in cambodian genetics or thai...in original haze is good part of thai... but its all about lookin for pheno not all plants are like that, id reccomend you to read ultimate sativa thread where you can educate yourself...really dont expect you can find jewel easilly, thats not real life...just hard work, good skillz and good luck...

Rinse

Veteran
African strains..

There are types of Malawi and Durban when grown by the farmers in Africa get so stupidly potent you would not believe! ... Having said that there are "lighter" African landraces that are more easy going, Ive grown the Ethiopian from African seeds co a few times this is a lighter smoke but maybe its my cold climate.
For the real thing you need intense sun.

And btw Amsterdam does not stock these buds, not the dutch durban not the malawi skunk nor the power plant are like the real deal Africans.

Peace!

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Many Africans aren't actually quite that energizing. There's alot happening in your head, but for example swazi rooibaard isn't the kind of bud that will have you jogging 5 minutes after smoking. I hear even malawi isn't like that but rather psychedelic. Well, what the bleep do I know about malawi, never got to smoke mine. I've got some of it in a hybrid though, and here goes the first puff.

:smoke:

It is my understanding that thais too often have a stupouring psychedelic effect. Everything I've read so far has pointed me in the direction of India in search of that clear, yet psychedelic, happy, active high. Will be doing some Kerala soon along with a few Nepalese lines, should be fun :)

Well I'm still sitting after that malawi :D Maybe it's the dosage.

U

unthing

Maybe tolerance too. But who knows ;)

Yeah, from what I've understood too south-east asia and such regions are the place to look, then again this does not come from personal experience.

Rinse

Veteran
Hi Thule Ive smoked a few Indian strains including the Real Seeds Jungli it was very nice and clear also I been to south India got some nice weed there very clear high.
But none of them had the rush type high that Ive had off some of the African strains imo as for Thai I also find it psychadelik and very nice but theres something about them African cannabis I cant put my finger on!

I havent had much exp. with south American strains they always interest me I wonder is there weed in the amazon jungle? There must be super mold resistent lol.

U

unthing

What african lines are commercially available? Not much here, afropips has some elsewhere, but beyond that?

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
In general, Latin American farmers harvest their crop early. Almost TOO early in some cases.

That surely account for the speedy effect of Mex/Colo classic Sativas.

Some turn colors (Red/Purple) due more to night temps and genetics than "ripeness".

If you grow some of those bad girls and let them ripe to the end they turn into sweet hearts. Never narcotic in nature but will not make you TWEAK !

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Ojo^^ My quest is the opposite of the op's. I am seeking calming yet psychedelic sativas.

Producer

Quitters,
Pure Durban Poison if you can find it. I grew out some clones in the late nineties that had an amazing up buzz with an energetic finish that would put me on my mt bike and have me crankin it out in the hills of Colorado ten minutes after multiple bong rips. Check it out. Another nice Sativa I've worked with is the Skunk #1 X Original Haze. Super tall, super long flowering (expect 10-14 weeks) and worth every minute. Amazing, cerebral, creative and energetic high. Great for painting, crafts, outdoor gardening, etc. Pretty powerful though so prolly best to stay away from the powertools or operating a vehicle. Good luck and let us know when you have something up and running.:tiphat:

D

Double Rainbow

One vote for Indonesian. Good luck finding it.

Maybe PNG or 303 are similar? I haven't tried them. But they're also hard to find.