What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

No vertical this run, LST in coco.

gr866

Veteran
I knew when I tested the runoff from last nights feedings, 2.2 EC that I would have to flush them. The thing that I do not under stand is I have not changed anything, EC has been running 1.3 to 1.4 and pH of 5.75 to 5.95. I am using drip and getting plenty of runoff. Why would I get a buildup? I will be checking the runoff regularly and continue weekly flushing.

So I flushed today, 6 gal using RO @ 16 ppm, but adjusted to ppm 126, using well water as a buffer @ 340 ppm, pH @ 5.78. Plus Drip Clean

Added 3 cups at a time and continued until I had used all 6 gallons, letting it rest between additions.
After completion I test the final runoff, 666 ppm (1.3 EC), 6.14 pH

Waited about 45 minutes and gave them 4 minutes of rez mix, 670 ppm at 5.82. Runoff 675 ppm, 5.96 pH.

They have been resting for the past 9 hrs, I check them expecting them to show some water wilt, but they are doing fine.

I know the damage is done but just hope to salvage this grow. I believe I caught it early enough that the damage will be minimal.

It is just another stupid mistake made by me, I had been flushing on a regular basis but have not flushed in about 4 weeks. It happens when shit is going well and seem to be doing just great.

GR

Last edited:

Buddler

Veteran
Don't be too hard on yourself cant smoke the leaves any ways your gonna get some nice bud probly surprise ya. Cheers

gr866

Veteran
I am sure it is lockout, magnesium, isn't this the look of Mag deficiency?

Have begun adding Epsom @ 1 gram per gallon!

The flush this morning, may be working. New pistils on buds and the plants look better. I took few pics just before light on this evening, will post tomorrow. In the mean time I hope this fixes the problem.
GR

maimunji

I am sure it is lockout, magnesium, isn't this the look of Mag deficiency?

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71652&pictureid=1723236&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71652&pictureid=1723235&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Have begun adding Epsom @ 1 gram per gallon!

The flush this morning, may be working. New pistils on buds and the plants look better. I took few pics just before light on this evening, will post tomorrow. In the mean time I hope this fixes the problem.
GR

Looks more like ca def.

Buddler

Veteran
GR I was reading your runoff numbers and ya the flush was the ticket I think the over dose of K manifests as a cal or mag problem when do you start the final flush ? plants are looking happy..Bud

gr866

Veteran
Day 57

Third day of flush for the WW, with rain water, cal/magic (to raise the ppm just a bit to accept pH adjustment and pH down. Will flush this plant until Sunday, then cut off the water for 24 to 36 hr before chop.
Will harvest the WW next Mon or Tues. @ day 63 to 64.
White Widow

con't, won't let me post pics.

gr866

Veteran
Day 57 con't

Super Citrus Haze

Both plants are foxtailing "Biggly" :) The SCH has 10 days or so, she is bulking up nicely.
The foxtails on the WW are much smaller and dantie. But the buds are large and very compact.

See y'all at the harvest of the WW.

GR

Lipe

following here!
good work man! Beautiful plant WW , it looks well packed.

I want to see how this vertical grow happens. I already thought about doing it here but I do not have many references. Thank you for sharing your experience.

gr866

Veteran
She gets chopped on Sunday/Monday. Under 50% cloudy, no amber, most hairs 60% have turned, and she is just lovely. Hard to tell her fragrance as the Super Citrus Haze aroma totally fills the house when the tent is open.

Just gave them both a good flush with compost tea, about 4 gallons total. This is the WW's 4 day of flush, she will get 7 to 8 days of pH'ed RO/Rain water with Drip Clean. The SCH has been in flush since Tuesday and will get 9 to 10 days of flush with another compost tea app in 5 days then just pH'ed RO/Rain water with Drip Clean. I will be using Cal/Magic to raise the ppm to accept the pH adjustment. With tonight's watering I will give the SCH extra heavy dosage to give it the same treatment the WW has received.

GR

gr866

Veteran
Day 63

Harvest day for the Pyramid Seeds White Widow!

My GF says she really like my new wall decoration!

Just had to post this picture of the Super Citrus Haze, day 64 of 70. She is just a lovely plant, long cola's, very sativa, sweet fragrance and hard buds.

So, all said and done on the first of the two, 806 grams wet weight with stems. For a small plant she was heavy, nice fat, dense and crystally. I kept two clones for mothers if the quality is there, if not I will give them to a friend I met on a Med MJ site. He is and works with vets who like himself have PTSD. I will also give them cloned plants from the SCH, so they can produce more clones, . I also give them any excess cannabis I have over what amount I set for myself to keep till my next grow. They are a great bunch of guys and the bud helps them tremendously with the PTSD, and makes me feel all happy inside. I have a few friend growers in different areas of the country that do the same. Could sure use a lot more of you guys to do this. I am not talking you commercial guys who do this for a living, I am talking to the guys that do this to keep living! We are not in it for the bucks. I think I sold my last $10 bag in 1969 or 70. LOL

Ok I am done, tried out some GSC this morning that I pick up in CO., damn good shit.

GR

Anyone want to take a guess at the dried weight before cure?

Buddler

Veteran
So, all said and done on the first of the two, 806 grams wet weight with stems. For a small plant she was heavy, nice fat, dense and crystally. I kept two clones for mothers if the quality is there, if not I will give them to a friend I met on a Med MJ site. He is and works with vets who like himself have PTSD. I will also give them cloned plants from the SCH, so they can produce more clones, . I also give them any excess cannabis I have over what amount I set for myself to keep till my next grow. They are a great bunch of guys and the bud helps them tremendously with the PTSD, and makes me feel all happy inside. I have a few friend growers in different areas of the country that do the same. Could sure use a lot more of you guys to do this. I am not talking you commercial guys who do this for a living, I am talking to the guys that do this to keep living! We are not in it for the bucks. I think I sold my last $10 bag in 1969 or 70. LOL

Ok I am done, tried out some GSC this morning that I pick up in CO., damn good shit.

GR

Anyone want to take a guess at the dried weight before cure?
That's really decent you do that for the vets, kudos to you. I bet you got 6 zips off the WW:tiphat:

gr866

Veteran
That's really decent you do that for the vets, kudos to you. I bet you got 6 zips off the WW:tiphat:

Well I am a vet, so they are my brothers. I am a fortunate one, in that I had orders for Nam three times during my 4 yrs but Karma is good in this one and I something happened each time to have them canceled.