What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PM makes me Sick

Fiet

No, PM in not systemic in the sense that it comes from the system of the plant, from what I've read and in my opinion. It is systemic in a macro system sense, meaning it is all around us in our environment. Just like mold PM is in the air outside, and inside, unless you are filtering your air. It propagates and thrives in the right conditions, such as moist stagnate air. Prevention should be your main line of defense.

What you need:

- A dehumidifier (especially if doing hydro) to make sure your RH is %50 (I prefer %40).
- Proper fanage, to make sure air is moving all through your plants.
- A filter on your intake air (air coming into the room from outside). And one that filters out mold spores.
- A Sulfur burner.

Also:

- You should trim away large fan leaves that are clumped together, especially lower on the plant where no light is getting to anyway. This helps to keep air flowing better.
- If you have bad PM now reset your room. Remove everything and wipe down the walls with white vinegar. Or Paint with mold killing primer.
- Green Cure works well as a preventative foliar spray on area where leaves are dense. Spray early in the light cycle so leaves have a chance to dry fully.
- Watering or spraying should not happen right before you turn out the lights.

PM like pests and everything else is best handles preventatively. If you get behind the curve on fighting PM and pests you're fucked. Make sure you have a controlled and clean environment and you'll save yourself much grief.

High,

normally i never have a problem with PM... My Autoflower Plant has it and later on my New Seedlings. I thought it is easy to Fight against it but no..... Can i clean my Tent with ISO Alcohol it's maybe better than Vinegar. What a filter i need for Air Intake?

tilopa

Yes, ISO alchohol will kill mold. H202 also is an effective mold killer, but more expensive. White vinegar is an effective mold killer, but don't use bleach, it is a myth that it kills mold.

What is your Relative Humidity in the tent? You said you have an exhaust fan that sucks air in from the outside of the house right? Well that air coming in is cool and wet this time of year in Germany right? that is good weather for mold. So put a filter on the inlet, where the air comes in from outside. Something like this I guess:

https://www.amazon.de/Mann-Filter-3...ŽÕÑ&keywords=Luftfilter&qid=1581915000&sr=8-4

If you were in the states it would be something like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Filtrete...-c8e-1705162de75369&athancid=null&athena=true

Get a filter that is rated to filter out mold, most of them do.

It took me a long time of growing to understand something that is fundamental to good growing. Some people seem to get it right away intuitively, but for me I had to learn the hard way. The thing I'm talking about it that you have to create a stable and controlled environment for you plants, no matter what it takes. You can't skimp on this. So ask yourself, is the temperature in your tent about 77F? If it goes too low do you have heat to bring it up, and if it goes too high do you have cooling to bring it down. Is your RH about %50. Do you have clean fresh filtered air coming into the tent daily. And proper air movement. You need simple controllers to help with all this. The exhaust fan bringing air in from outside should be able to cool the tent, at least this time of year. But you might need to get a small dehumidifier to bring the humidity down. Something like this maybe:

https://www.amazon.de/Dehumidifier-...eywords=Luftentfeuchter&qid=1581916659&sr=8-3

Anyway, these are just some of the basics. There are more like proper lighting, and nutes. But this foundation has to be in place in order for you to have a chance to grow good weed. And allow you to build into the more esoteric aspects of growing.

I know you have a small situation in your sleeping room, and don't have a lot of money to put into it. But if your going to do it at all do it right. it does not have to cost you a lot, you can get creative with some things. I hope this doesn't sound like I'm preaching. When I started growing I wasted a lot of money and had many failures because of not have the proper foundation for growing.

but don't use bleach, it is a myth that it kills mold.

wrong beach is effective against mold its that it does not get passed the surface of porous materiel
you can just make a claim like that with no education or training lol

Amynamous

The recipe I have, no soap. Bucket 1: H2O, lemon juice and baking soda. Bucket 2: H2O2 and H2O, Bucket 3: Clean distilled water.

I would recommend placing the lemon juice and baking soda in separate containers, otherwise, the baking soda neutralizes the acid of the lemon juice.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Use a sulfur burner to get rid of spores. Sulfur burner is the only way to go none of the other stuff works.

Adjust your environment so that it is not conducive to pm. I find cold nights during winter is what really makes it flourish.

You can install the UV-C light in the HVAC to kill spores. But imho that handheld light is a gimmick.

Mr. J

Use a sulfur burner to get rid of spores. Sulfur burner is the only way to go none of the other stuff works.

Adjust your environment so that it is not conducive to pm. I find cold nights during winter is what really makes it flourish.

You can install the UV-C light in the HVAC to kill spores. But imho that handheld light is a gimmick.
Already told him that but everybody is scared of sulphur burners for some reason. I don't know why, but they'd rather try every other thing (none of which works) before they actually use a sulphur burner, if they ever do.

Two words, people: SULPHUR. BURNER.

CrushnYuba

Spraying with sulfur works better then burning it. Put it on heavy and wash it off is what everyone seems to do here for pm AND bugs. Sulfur and potassium bicarbonate only seem to work if used as preventative. Once you start seeing pm, they won't do much other then slightly slow it.
Try running your nighttime temperature higher if inside.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Spraying with sulfur works better then burning it. Put it on heavy and wash it off is what everyone seems to do here for pm AND bugs. Sulfur and potassium bicarbonate only seem to work if used as preventative. Once you start seeing pm, they won't do much other then slightly slow it.
Try running your nighttime temperature higher if inside.

That is not my experience. Once you get sulfur burning dialed, how long you leave it buring versus the size of your room, the pm is killed outright.

Yes pm will always eventually return if you do not address environment, but sulfur burning will buy you time.

knuckles

Veteran
Burning Sulfur works great as long as you don’t have flowering plants in the room... because your your flowers will taste like sulfur..

Mr. J

Burning Sulfur works great as long as you don’t have flowering plants in the room... because your your flowers will taste like sulfur..
This is true. But it's also true that anything else you do will fuck up the flowers just as bad. If you have to spray anything on your buds then you're already ruining your buds. Like I said before, if you have pm in flower you're screwed and you may as well tear down, clean up, and start burning sulphur on moms and in veg as a preventative and to kill any spores hanging around.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also agree sulfur burners FTW. It's part of my IPM for veg. You could use it in flower before week 3 before any flowers start showing.. If you got your veg locked in you shouldn't ever need to use it in flower. If your not running a sealed environment IMO its a must. If you have a good IPM program in veg you shouldn't ever see PM in flower. I use GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide. Its an All-Natural Miticide,Fungicide Insecticide. Its also part of my IPM in veg. It only has a 6 month shelf life. If you get it only buy what you can use in that time.

knuckles

Veteran
Personally I would never burn sulfur with any plants growing,even in veg,only between grows in an empty room,besides it does nothing for the plant that’s already infected other than make it taste like shit even in when done early in veg,that’s been my experience anyway...I do have a very sensitive palate though..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally I would never burn sulfur with any plants growing,even in veg,only between grows in an empty room,besides it does nothing for the plant that’s already infected other than make it taste like shit even in when done early in veg,that’s been my experience anyway...I do have a very sensitive palate though..

100% disagree as long as you don't ever use sulfur pasted week 3.None should be able to taste sulfur when used correctly, I guarantee it. If you do the grower sucks. . Like I said having your veg locked down you will never need to sue it flower. Plants effected with PM in veg can be cured IME. Sulfur is the most common Fungicides used in food crops world wide.

Mr. J

Ya, none of that makes any sense knucks. You aren't tasting any sulphur that was on a part of the plant that no longer exists, and hasn't existed for weeks or even months. The bud you would be smoking wasn't even there at the time of application, not even close.

knuckles

Veteran
Like I said,that’s been my experience and Im probably not the only person to have a sensitive palate,I totally agree burning sulfur is the best way to kill spores in your grow/ flower rooms,but it certainly doesn’t cure the pm infected plants..

Mattbho

There is a diy sulphur burner on this site it works awesome mine was under 20$ and I had most of the stuff laying around .

#1 environment
#2 environment
#3 sulphur vapourizer during veg and up till stretch is over

= no pm

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like I said,that’s been my experience and Im probably not the only person to have a sensitive palate,I totally agree burning sulfur is the best way to kill spores in your grow/ flower rooms,but it certainly doesn’t cure the pm infected plants..

No you're not the only one.I once dated a girl who had a sensitive palate,things didnt work out.But,that's another story!hahaha

Mr. J

why sugguest salphur burn in bedroom
is lik you no read thread :)
he sleep with plants
you insane
lmoa
He's growing plants in his bedroom. Where else is he supposed to burn the sulphur? He could always remove them from the room and do it in the bathroom or something. Just saying, sulphur burners work. Pretty much the only thing that will guarantee no pm. Just smells a bit like matches. It's not like he's going to be burning 24/7. It's too late to do anything now anyway, whatever he does at this point will ruin the final product.

Latest posts

Latest posts