What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Test grow: C5 x KC, HPH x KC, NH x Pan, Zam x Pan + Thai chi

Mountainkush

Hey everybody,
Started some test seeds a few weeks ago of:
Hashplant haze x kalichina
C5 haze x kalichina
Nevils haze x panama
Zamaldelica x panama
and decided to add a cut of my Thai chi as well.
Had some serious issues with mold in my last grow after battling high heat and humidity all summer and a nasty hurricane that knocked out our power grid for a week. Getting everything cleaned up and sanitized for these new girls and adding a new dehumidifier and hepa air purifier as well as another generator so I’m better prepared.
Thanks to everyone else growing these and posting details so I have an idea what to expect with these.

Here’s my little babies after 7 days from dropping seeds in water to soak.
They shot up so fast they got away from me a little before I could adjust the lights down.
picture.php

And here’s the cut I took from my Thai chi mom
picture.php

Mountainkush

Couldn’t believe how fast these germinated. Put in water Friday night then into paper towel Saturday night. Planted in coco Sunday and all were poking out on Monday.
All together 2 weeks from that Monday
Back:HpHxKc, NhxPan, ZamxPan
Front: Thai chi, C5xKc
picture.php

And here is 3 weeks
Left: Thai chi
Back: Nhxpan, ZamxPan
Front: HpHxKc then C5xKc
picture.php

Thai chi, HpHxKc , Nhxpan, ZamxPan, C5xKc
picture.php

SolarLogos

Great to see you growing these my friend. Very nice, psychedelic summer in your future :dance013:

Best of luck, even though you don't need it.
Peace, God bless

deepwaterdude

Very nice selection, man, and all looking right on. I have a monster C5 x KC outdoors, just starting to flower. Pure gorgeousness.

Mountainkush

Thanks guys, can’t wait to see what these girls do.
All have been topped to start their training and branch out to make it easier to take clones. I’ll try to update this as much as I can. Obviously not much to see for a bit but won’t be vegging them too long.

Mountainkush

nice lineup Kush !

Thanks strongtree,
got to thank Dubi and Ace for making my winter grow so interesting.
I don’t have any experience with these old hazes that I know of. I’ve been smoking a long time but it never had a name until I started growing my own.

Coming along nicely so far and don’t seem to mind being heavily trained. I topped them and trained them to grow out the lower branches for clones in case I find something special.
4 weeks: Thai chi left with C5xKc in front and HpHxKc in back
Right side is ZamxPan front and Nhxpan in back.
The two kalichina crosses have very similar structure so far with slightly different fans.
picture.php

5 weeks topped again and two clones taken from each
It’s been hard to find an EC that makes everyone happy but I can run two feed tanks if I need to.
picture.php

I’ve been having really good results using coco in the little coco pots to clone with. I just wet it with some watered down feed for my moms and stick them in a dome to slowly dry out for a week or two and leave them alone until I see roots or they look too dry. Not to jinx myself but I’ve had 100% success since I stopped messing with them.
picture.php

J

jaded1

Off to a great start mountain kush,plants look very happy!
If the few nh/p's I've vegged are representative of the line,you'll need to top multiple times with some training to keep her in check.I had to top mine 7/8 times in veg to try to keep height down.Even with all the topping they were twice as tall as the 2 smh's in tent with them

Mountainkush

Off to a great start mountain kush,plants look very happy!
If the few nh/p's I've vegged are representative of the line,you'll need to top multiple times with some training to keep her in check.I had to top mine 7/8 times in veg to try to keep height down.Even with all the topping they were twice as tall as the 2 smh's in tent with them

Thanks for the warning. It’s the tallest and has the longest node spacing of the group except my Thai chi. It’s been topped 3 times so far with 8 growth tips and I’ll probably leave it at that and tie it down during the stretch. I can definitely see her taking over the tent if I’m not careful.
Update pic from 6weeks from seed
picture.php

Transplanted them to there final home, a 3 gallon fabric pot with pure coco, and will let them settle in for the week. HphxKc and C5xKc have been mainlined to 8 tops like the Nhxpan. The ZamxPan has been ahead of the rest inspite of it staying so small and was topped again for 16 tops. My Thai chi clone has 12 and I’m thinking with some bending and tying I can keep them all under control. Fingers crossed

Clones have been doing well too. The 2 C5xKc, 1 ZamxPan and 1 HphxKc had roots after just 7 days and after 10 days I’m just waiting on the second Nhxpan and a ZamxPan so at least I have a cut of each rooted already and can put the seed plants to flower.

SolarLogos

Thanks for the warning. It’s the tallest and has the longest node spacing of the group except my Thai chi. It’s been topped 3 times so far with 8 growth tips and I’ll probably leave it at that and tie it down during the stretch. I can definitely see her taking over the tent if I’m not careful.
Update pic from 6weeks from seed
View Image
Transplanted them to there final home, a 3 gallon fabric pot with pure coco, and will let them settle in for the week. HphxKc and C5xKc have been mainlined to 8 tops like the Nhxpan. The ZamxPan has been ahead of the rest inspite of it staying so small and was topped again for 16 tops. My Thai chi clone has 12 and I’m thinking with some bending and tying I can keep them all under control. Fingers crossed

Clones have been doing well too. The 2 C5xKc, 1 ZamxPan and 1 HphxKc had roots after just 7 days and after 10 days I’m just waiting on the second Nhxpan and a ZamxPan so at least I have a cut of each rooted already and can put the seed plants to flower.
Your plants look great MK, looks like you got the EC dialed in. NHxP: If you get the NH pheno, like I did, she will need support for her limbs when she gets halfway into flower. I pinched my indoor clone back to 4 main spears and they all have to be tied to a stake. Outdoors was worse, because I really bushed her out; every branch has to be supported or they flop down and split. ZamPam are strong, as is HPHxKC. If the C5xKC is a KC leaner, she will be fine also.
Good luck, great thread!
Peace, God bless

Mountainkush

7 weeks from seed and first day of flower
Hashplant haze x Kalichina
picture.php

C5 haze x Kalichina
picture.php

Zamaldelica x Panama
picture.php

Nevils haze x Panama
picture.php

Thai Chi
picture.php

Mountainkush

Your plants look great MK, looks like you got the EC dialed in. NHxP: If you get the NH pheno, like I did, she will need support for her limbs when she gets halfway into flower. I pinched my indoor clone back to 4 main spears and they all have to be tied to a stake. Outdoors was worse, because I really bushed her out; every branch has to be supported or they flop down and split. ZamPam are strong, as is HPHxKC. If the C5xKC is a KC leaner, she will be fine also.
Good luck, great thread!
Peace, God bless

Thanks Solar,
They all seem to be happy enough on the same feed for now. Just bumped it up from 0.6 to 0.7 but might go back down once they start feeding daily soon and twice a day by end of stretch I would imagine.

My Nhxpan has some pretty thin stems that’s aren’t very flexible so that’s probably the case. I topped her 4 times and she has 16 tiny tops at the moment so might need a lot of stakes. The HphxKc and C5xKc both have strong looking structures. The ZamxPan is staying really tiny but I have big hopes for her in flower now.

Mountainkush

Couple more weekly pics
1 week in flower tent. Running my lights at 11.5/12.5
Front: Thai Chi, HphxKc, C5xKc. Back: ZamxPan, Nhxpan
picture.php

2 weeks
Front:Thai Chi, HphxKc, ZamxPan. Back:Nhxpan, C5xKc
picture.php

My C5xKc and HphxKc we’re looking a little under fed and started showing signs of deficiencies around the middle of the plant a couple days ago. I’m growing in coco and reading a lot of conflicting info.
I was feeding at a constant 5.8ph but now reading that a lot of people prefer 6.0-6.2. I added a bit of calmag and raised my ph to see what would happen and it seemed to help. I then decided to check the run off EC and it was about half what’s going in so I raised my feed a bit.
I’ll take a pic later as I’m sure someone will know what it is.

Mountainkush

C5xkc
Does this look like calcium or potassium, or maybe something else. Started affecting the middle fan leaves two days ago and seems to be slowing down since I added a little calmag, and a little more canna coco a&b and raised the ph a little. Not sure which one helped though.
picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts